Let's talk about YELLOWSTONE

reason10

If you haven't seen it yet, you're probably getting tired of its rabid fans nagging you to watch it.

Do yourself a favor. Check the first episode in Season One. You'll be hooked.

What is Yellowstone? It's a combination of Bonanza and The Godfather.

What am i saying? Yellowstone makes The Godfather look as harmless as Heidi.

I'm sure there are quite a few Yellowstoners here who would like to weigh in on this amazing series. Let's have at it, folks.

Could be. Showrunner, Taylor Sheridan says it's the wokest show on TV.

I think this guy below is trying to ape Sheridan's point.

I think he is trying to make Sheridan's point that there's a lot of woke in Yellowstone and claim it as his own.

Not sure though. He's such a phony I've never been able to finish one of his videos. I watched a bit though and I was pretty sure that's where he was going.

They're both kind of right but why wouldn't there be woke in a story of the modern moving in on the traditional.

I didn't watch All in the Family to see Meathead though. I watched Boston Legal, but only for Denny Krane. 

On Yellowstone Beth may be a strong female character but she's not woke. And she's why I watch Yellowstone.

7 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Could be. Showrunner, Taylor Sheridan says it's the wokest show on TV.

I think this guy below is trying to ape Sheridan's point.

I think he is trying to make Sheridan's point that there's a lot of woke in Yellowstone and claim it as his own.

Not sure though. He's such a phony I've never been able to finish one of his videos. I watched a bit though and I was pretty sure that's where he was going.

They're both kind of right but why wouldn't there be woke in a story of the modern moving in on the traditional.

I didn't watch All in the Family to see Meathead though. I watched Boston Legal, but only for Denny Krane. 

On Yellowstone Beth may be a strong female character but she's not woke. And she's why I watch Yellowstone.

In some ways, the Dutton family represents every left wing woke liberal's exact stereotype of the typical rich, toxic masculinity family. Everything the limp wristed Karens of the left say about rich families the Duttons are that.

Land owners of the largest and most politically incorrect ranch in Montana, (raising very politically incorrect BEEF). It sits on land that formerly belonged to Indians, (what some feeble minds would call Native Americans.)  If someone crosses this family, that person is killed and dumped in the Train Station. The Corleones weren't as brutal. Yellowstone had been Woke since the first episode.

The concept of this feud between Beth and the animal rights activist Summer, (who winds up banging Beth's father and later on is hired as his environmental advisor while being on house arrest at the ranch and continuing to bang him) could have been written by THE VIEW.

10 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The target demographic for Yellowstone is this forum ?

Not quite. I'm pretty sure Taylor Sheridan has no idea this small forum even exists. His concept of storytelling and tele-drama is to reach the largest audience in the country so his company can charge confiscatory advertising rates.

I would imagine the small group of those who don't watch Yellowstone probably do not like westerns and would probably be put off by the violence and the F bombs thrown all over the place. Parents definitely wouldn't want their elementary school age children to watch this.

It's not as family friendly as Gunsmoke, or Bonanza.

20 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

We have to wait until the summer now to see the rest of Season 5. Boo hoo.

Will Beth kill Jamie? Will Jamie kill Beth? Will somebody stand between the 2?

The damndest thing is that both Jamie AND Beth AGREE on how to save the ranch. They BOTH know that their father's actions of closing down that airport will ruin the state and ultimately their ranch.

And the Taylor Sheridan touch to this clash includes now a possibility of another Corleone hit.

There is no other show on television with THIS kind of balls.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My wife normally abhors bad language and violence - but is totally addicted to Yellowstone.  They have managed to get their finger on the pulse of a significant chunk of the population, so I would conclude they are doing something right.   I have a business in Wyoming and can tell you the "Dutton" cultural profile fits the majority of the rural and small town population to a "T".   I put it right up there in a class of culturally significant television with Peaky Blinders.

Edited by cannuck