This is why Florida has the best public schools in the country

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I have plenty of sources.  Here's one.  You can look up others if you actually care.  As I said, Donald Trump's personal website is a pretty dumb place to get unbiased assessments of his own wealth.  

https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/07/28/Donald-Trump-Isn-t-Rich-He-Says-He-s-Still-Pretty-Rich

His $10B self-proclaimed wealth is based on declaring things like his golf-courses being worth 3-4x more than similar golf courses would be valued.

I'm not really going to waste any more breath on silly goofs like you though.  It's pretty clear you're not actually interested in a reasonable debate.  Have a good life.  MAGA!  ?

What makes your left wing opinion rag any more reliable than the actual source.

As far as a reasonable debate, you haven't had one yet in your life. Maybe when you reach your 20s and grow a brain...

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:50 PM, Moonbox said:

but 20% of Floridians can't even read.  ? 

The voting doesn't prove anything, lol.  

Full disclosure:  I love Florida and have spent years of my life in a gated community 15 minutes from Mar-a-Lago, but I love it for what it is and would never in a million years pretend it was a bastion of literacy and/or intellect.  Drive 30 minutes inland almost anywhere in the State and you're in certified Bubba country. 

I'm wondering. That illiterate 20%...could they be older Spanish and other migrants who just never learned English?

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm wondering. That illiterate 20%...could they be older Spanish and other migrants who just never learned English?

That's probably a good point.  Other states with high immigrant populations also suffer lower literacy rates (see New York, New Jersey and California).  

That doesn't make the OP any more reasonable, but it's a solid point nonetheless.  

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's probably a good point.  Other states with high immigrant populations also suffer lower literacy rates (see New York, New Jersey and California).  

That doesn't make the OP any more reasonable, but it's a solid point nonetheless.  

My wife was English illiterate for the first couple years of our marriage. I spent many evenings watching Rambo movies...

On 11/23/2022 at 4:52 PM, Aristides said:

Florida ranks 26th in the cost of a post secondary education. Again, middle of the pack.

https://www.move.org/college-tuition-costs-by-state/

Let's see. You're judging the quality of public schools and colleges by the cost? Seriously?

Gasoline is higher in blue states than red states. Does that mean gasoline is superior in blue states?

I judge the quality of the schools in a state (mostly public schools) by the intelligence of its electorate. In Florida, our superior educated electorate voted in Governor Ron DeSantis, who has presided over the BEST state economy in the country, a budget SURPLUS, no state income tax, and a low cost of living.

People with a superior education voted for him. People who with almost ZERO education voted for Gavin Newsom in the DUMBEST state in American: CaliFAGula, a state with the LARGEST homeless population, ZERO middle class, the highest cost of living in America, a HUGE budget deficit. Here's some more evidence:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/university-california-strike-is-massive-example-how-golden-state-problems-are-warning-rest-nation?yptr=yahoo

University of California strike is massive example of how Golden State problems are warning to rest of nation

Once again, California is showing us the future — and it’s wracked with labor strife, high prices, government bloat and abject failure. And nowhere is this more apparent than in California’s government education system.   

Some 48,000 unionized graduate student workers at 10 University of California campuses went on strike three weeks ago, demanding "significantly higher wages, expanded childcare subsidies, enhanced health coverage and other benefits," according to a CalMatters report. 

Meanwhile, government elementary schools in the lockdown-happy state dominated by teachers unions saw math and reading test scores plummet.  

Oh, there was a recall movement, to get that incompetent son of a beach out of there. And because most of CaliFAGula's voters are RACISTS, a better qualified BLACK man was voted down.

20 hours ago, Aristides said:

I was responding you your post that maintained Florida had the lowest cost in the country for a bachelor's degree. Do you even remember what you post?

Lowest cost for a bachelor's degree? I've posted a lot since I came here, and a lot of uneducated liberal tears have been shed because I dared disagree with their Nazi lies. I don't recall saying the state of Florida has the lowest cost for a bachelor's degree. That would not be physically possible because there are all sorts of colleges, universities and tech schools in Florida. On the West Coast, Florida Gulf Coast University is practically the Walmart of diploma mills, handing degrees out to any retard who agrees with liberals. In Winter Park, there is Rollins College, a VERY expensive business school (the ONLY business school in Florida to be rated by Forbes) with a networking system almost guaranteeing its MBA graduates a six figure income in business.

If there are such price differences within the state, how can you compare our higher education costs with blue states, (which generally graduate a bunch of pointed head imbeciles who don't know their asses from a hole in the ground)?

Something else the goose steppers don't seem to want to take into consideration. (My job in the mid Seventies caused me to travel to a lot of states and learn a lot.) Income in any state is in direct proportion with what that money will buy. In most blue states I visited (although back then, they were more along the lines of coercive closed shop union states) I noticed that some salaries were higher, but the cost of living was also much higher.

Those states had HUGE budget deficits. (Yes, Virginia, it costs a lot of money to buy the votes of uneducated cretins come election time). Those states have high taxes. They tax energy, which is a tax increase on the poor as well as the achievers.

Florida runs a budget surplus, has a balanced budget LAW, no state income taxes, very low gasoline taxes, etc. That means your dollar goes a lot further here than Bluestatistan. That's why Florida has the best economy in the country, as well as the most prosperous middle class.

CaliFAGula is Venezuela compared to Florida.

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

Judging by the number of posts you've vomited on this thread, one would assume you're running for public office in Florida.

Given the number of topics you have vomited on this forum, one would think you were running for public office in California, Pennsylvania, New York and every other blue state.

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Given the number of topics you have vomited on this forum, one would think you were running for public office in California, Pennsylvania, New York and every other blue state.

I'm just here to express an opinion. I didn't know I'd also have to educate a bunch of ignorant children.

11 hours ago, Aristides said:

Sure. Maybe stop acting like one.

Bringing the facts and putting ignorant third grade dropouts in their place is being the only adult in the room.

When you brain dead TROLLS decide to read something other that transcripts of THE VIEW, CNN, MSLSD, maybe you'll qualify to attend a Florida third grade class. Right now, you aren't.

3 hours ago, reason10 said:

Bringing the facts and putting ignorant third grade dropouts in their place is being the only adult in the room.

When you brain dead TROLLS decide to read something other that transcripts of THE VIEW, CNN, MSLSD, maybe you'll qualify to attend a Florida third grade class. Right now, you aren't.

Your continual name calling and insults are the characteristics of a child who hasn't yet learned how to carry on a debate without them. When you are contradicted, you just get louder and more obnoxious. I'm starting to wonder how old you really  are. As you don't seem to post after 9PM Eastern time, I'm beginning to wonder if it is past your bed time.

Edited by Aristides

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 1:32 PM, reason10 said:

The smartest people in America (mostly LEGALLY REGISTERED VOTERS) elected President Trump. The stupid people, illegal aliens and dead people, voted for unelected Joe.

Trump was the best president of the 21st Century. It is uneducated and ignorant  to think otherwise.

Even College Graduates Are Defective in Knowledge of Grammar, History, and Logic

Street-smart people voted for Trump.  Book-smart people voted for the Demwits.  True education would make street-smart and book-smart mean the same thing.  Even before Liberal propaganda took over education and created brainwashed ventriloquist dummies for the Globalists' rainbow colonials, education was intentionally made irrelevant to daily life, common sense, and practical value.  That needs to change and only an independent, self-educated mind knows how to do that.  But the only people listened to are successes in a failed system, so we're headed for decline and fall.

22 hours ago, The Sage of Main Street said:

Even College Graduates Are Defective in Knowledge of Grammar, History, and Logic

Street-smart people voted for Trump.  Book-smart people voted for the Demwits.  True education would make street-smart and book-smart mean the same thing.  Even before Liberal propaganda took over education and created brainwashed ventriloquist dummies for the Globalists' rainbow colonials, education was intentionally made irrelevant to daily life, common sense, and practical value.  That needs to change and only an independent, self-educated mind knows how to do that.  But the only people listened to are successes in a failed system, so we're headed for decline and fall.

People educated in Economics voted for Trump. Problem is, left wingers are brain dead when it comes to economics.

And I'm not sure if anyone really understands the importance of college. In a lot of non trade careers. college is just the ante to get you in the game, in a career where you have to be trained. A Bachelor's degree means you don't know anything but are able to learn. That's how companies view a Bachelor's Degree. A bachelor degree opens the door to teaching in public schools, with other hurdles such as certification to follow. And none of it means ANYTHING on that first day on the job in front of a class. That's when the real training starts.

Trade school colleges create mechanics, welders, plumbers and (especially in Florida) air conditioning techs, whose skills are very high in demand. One comes out of a trade school and EVERY company is trying hire him.

Then again, there are the USELESS degrees (Sociology, Gender Studies, Lesbian Dance Theory) that will provide ZERO credentials for a real career.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:24 PM, Moonbox said:

According to newspapers in Republican Florida counties even:

https://archive.tcpalm.com/news/more-florida-adults-lack-basic-reading-skills-than-national-average-study-shows-ep-400673372-347830961.html/

Just saying it ain't true doesn't change anything, friend.  

The same intellects who voted for:

trumpaha.thumb.png.4b67a4e04450599f8e8866c93d3fc439.png

You rest your case, indeed.  ?

Trump was the best president in the history of America. Of course the better educated voted for him. He was so good, you goose stepping liberals had to engage in election fraud to get that racist pedophile Biden in office.