This Forum Is Compromised

Zeitgeist

16 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I had no swearing.  It really makes me question.

Did you quote someone else's post? I once quoted a post by @Boges during the time when mild swearing was still allowed. (Thanks to Charles). I got a warning message from the bot moderator stating I had contravened forum rules. "Bad" words are not allowed. Yet I had no bad words, and none were highlighted. I was being good. After much frustration I gave up posting, which was a pity because I had some really good and important stuff to say.

But later, I saw that Boges dropped an f-bomb in his post which appeared in the quote in my post. We know how much he likes to do that. Too bad by then I forgot what I was going to say, so I couldn't re-write it. Besides, what is one to do, go back and edit Boges' post? Absolutely out of the question. Poppycock, pure and sublime.

To be honest I don't even know why this program is being used. Bad language was not a big problem here. The real problem is, bad ideas.

;)

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Did you quote someone else's post? I once quoted a post by @Boges during the time when mild swearing was still allowed. (Thanks to Charles). I got a warning message from the bot moderator stating I had contravened forum rules. "Bad" words are not allowed. Yet I had no bad words, and none were highlighted. I was being good. After much frustration I gave up posting, which was a pity because I had some really good and important stuff to say.

But later, I saw that Boges dropped an f-bomb in his post which appeared in the quote in my post. We know how much he likes to do that. Too bad by then I forgot what I was going to say, so I couldn't re-write it. Besides, what is one to do, go back and edit Boges' post? Absolutely out of the question. Poppycock, pure and sublime.

To be honest I don't even know why this program is being used. Bad language was not a big problem here. The real problem is, bad ideas.

;)

If it makes you feel any better I tried to ironically post a F-Bomb and it wouldn't let me.  ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

No, we're the ones that needed a vacation from Charles . . . . it's nice to see humour, sarcasm, and free thought return to this site.  

Disagree that Charles was in any way a barrier to those things. And that @Greg gave you ups for that was not very nice in my opinion. Rather troubling actually.

• Forum Admin
1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Disagree that Charles was in any way a barrier to those things.

I actually didn't take it negatively... I figured @Nefarious Banana comments were firmly tongue in cheek.

For the record, I think Charles did a great job here, and I miss him.