How Evil Republicans RIG Elections.

11 hours ago, reason10 said:

First of all, the link is a far left Woke hate rag. So it's difficult to take that rag seriously.

As previously stated, there are hundreds of sources saying that.

What I quoted was YOUR CITE.

11 hours ago, reason10 said:

Second, NOWHERE in the link was the wording about Democrats not being allowed to win elections. You people are once again making this crap up.

Tim Michels(R) said Democrats will never win again if he's elected.

11 hours ago, ironstone said:

I'm aware of the DOJ using cell phone gps data to track the whereabouts of many people on Jan 6.

And it is beyond bizarre for anyone to suggest that asking for ID is a form of voter suppression. Joe Biden and his granddaughter voted a few days ago. He was asked to show some ID, which he did. It's also quite insulting to suggest that people in rural areas do not have access to photocopy machines or the like. Democrats feel that "people of color" have enormous difficulty with tasks like this.

If ONE person is denied his right to vote due to not having an ID, that is voter suppression.

Of course you completely ignored the relative benefit, because you've got NO REBUTAL.

Joe Biden does not represent the poor in rural areas.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

The strength of the mistaken belief there is.  

Well, as it's not grounded in fact, I don't think there's a solution for that. I mean,  we see it here constantly. Every bit of nonsense that is debunked by fact becomes another layer of the "conspiracy." It's looney tunes.

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Well, as it's not grounded in fact, I don't think there's a solution for that. I mean,  we see it here constantly. Every bit of nonsense that is debunked by fact becomes another layer of the "conspiracy." It's looney tunes.

In the meantime Americans still need to hold elections.

22 hours ago, robosmith said:

It is a matter of STATISTICS. Blacks are less likely to HAVE the required ID. No condescension required.

So if blacks are less likely to have ID, what exactly is stopping them from getting it? Democrats want to give ID cards to illegals streaming over the southern border but at the same time they oppose showing ID in order to vote? Seriously?

Are you opposed to having to present ID in order to board a plane or is that a form of suppression too?

The blacks in the video I posted earlier seemed insulted that anyone would insinuate that they are not capable of getting their own ID. They are right to feel that way.

Just now, ironstone said:

So if blacks are less likely to have ID, what exactly is stopping them from getting it? Democrats want to give ID cards to illegals streaming over the southern border but at the same time they oppose showing ID in order to vote? Seriously?

Are you opposed to having to present ID in order to board a plane or is that a form of suppression too?

The blacks in the video I posted earlier seemed insulted that anyone would insinuate that they are not capable of getting their own ID. They are right to feel that way.

Those who HAVE ID may feel that way, but still does mean there are MANY who don't have them.

The statistics don't lie, nor change the FACT that voter impersonation fraud is very rare and does NOT AFFECT the RESULTS of elections.

Republicans have fooled you into believing it is a significant factor in voter fraud while ignoring the EFFECT on voter SUPPRESSION, which is the real reason they are pushing it.

Your responses don't even address the issue of what the real effect is. The fact is, there are many ways to make sure people are not voting more than once without an ID. Signature match with registration is more than sufficient.

43 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Those who HAVE ID may feel that way, but still does mean there are MANY who don't have them.

The statistics don't lie, nor change the FACT that voter impersonation fraud is very rare and does NOT AFFECT the RESULTS of elections.

Republicans have fooled you into believing it is a significant factor in voter fraud while ignoring the EFFECT on voter SUPPRESSION, which is the real reason they are pushing it.

Your responses don't even address the issue of what the real effect is. The fact is, there are many ways to make sure people are not voting more than once without an ID. Signature match with registration is more than sufficient.

Signature match with registration eh? More than sufficient you say?

Inviting fraud: Democrats want to eliminate signature verification | Las Vegas Review-Journal (reviewjournal.com)

ICYMI: Democratic lawsuit seeks to eliminate signature verification on mail ballots – Nevada Republican Party (nevadagop.org)

H.R. 1 Would Eliminate Key Signature Verification Safeguard | RealClearPolitics

18 minutes ago, ironstone said:

So you have proposals in one state and the opinion of a Republican PARTISAN.

Wake me up when it actually takes effect.

25 minutes ago, robosmith said:

So you have proposals in one state and the opinion of a Republican PARTISAN.

Wake me up when it actually takes effect.

So the Democrats oppose having to show ID to vote. Any thoughts as to why they would want to eliminate signature verification? Doesn't sound very secure to me.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

So the Democrats oppose having to show ID to vote. Any thoughts as to why they would want to eliminate signature verification? Doesn't sound very secure to me.

No idea. I am unfamiliar with NV politics. I did hear that they eliminated machine counting of ballots, which AFAIC makes NO sense.

Nevada county set for conspiracy-inspired ballot hand count

Oh wait, maybe they backtracked on that.

Nevada orders shutdown of controversial ballot hand count