The futures

myata

In the 1950s, seventy years ago the same dictatorship tried to suffocate a budding democracy in Europe. The Berlin blockade, check your history books if anyhow forgot.

The situation is more dire now, and there's no point in being ignorant and naive about that. A tacit coalition of the past, the dark violent past where might means right is emerging. And this time, with the nukes. Some have openly invested into it. Others, cheering quietly or waiting on the sidelines. Including some promising democracies, formerly.

And the decision time is now. Two drastically different futures lie before us, no, nothing less, not "brave like Ukraine" I insist. And what we do now will determine the trajectory, and the ultimate outcome.

In this world now, I can't care less about lofty charters and declarations in some alternate universe, there are 140 countries that understand this, in some way at least. And each one has to contribute, for a chance for the normal, positive future is to remain. It will not be given to us by chance, virtue or default, that much is clear.

• We need, urgently, now: "power for Ukraine", green, efficient mobile high capacity power generating stations. Yes, thousands of them.
  • We need "defense for Ukraine" to arrest and end heinous, inhuman and unhuman wave of terror against civilian infrastructure and cities.
  • We need "weapons for Ukraine" to defeat the enemy of the normal future. Only an ultimate and complete defeat will do the job, no room or time left for fantasies and illusions.
  • We need to stop buying blood energy and anything. Very simple: it's blood. Cannot be any simpler than that.
  • And we need "rebuilding Ukraine". Beginning now, no time.

This is the to do list, probably minimal one before us. Let's see what we can do, and that will determine who we are. What if this is only a test, the mirror?

And then we will have to learn the lessons. Institutions will have to be remained. No more words in place and instead of principles. No behind the curtain compromises, on principles. No pompous politicians and chairs. No big vetoes, period. This just may be the mirror - and what if the ultimate one?
Edited by myata

5 hours ago, myata said:
In the 1950s, seventy years ago the same dictatorship tried to suffocate a budding democracy in Europe. The Berlin blockade, check your history books if anyhow forgot.

The situation is more dire now, and there's no point in being ignorant and naive about that. A tacit coalition of the past, the dark violent past where might means right is emerging. And this time, with the nukes. Some have openly invested into it. Others, cheering quietly or waiting on the sidelines. Including some promising democracies, formerly.

And the decision time is now. Two drastically different futures lie before us, no, nothing less, not "brave like Ukraine" I insist. And what we do now will determine the trajectory, and the ultimate outcome.

In this world now, I can't care less about lofty charters and declarations in some alternate universe, there are 140 countries that understand this, in some way at least. And each one has to contribute, for a chance for the normal, positive future is to remain. It will not be given to us by chance, virtue or default, that much is clear.

• We need, urgently, now: "power for Ukraine", green, efficient mobile high capacity power generating stations. Yes, thousands of them.
  • We need "defense for Ukraine" to arrest and end heinous, inhuman and unhuman wave of terror against civilian infrastructure and cities.
  • We need "weapons for Ukraine" to defeat the enemy of the normal future. Only an ultimate and complete defeat will do the job, no room or time left for fantasies and illusions.
  • And we need "rebuilding Ukraine". Beginning now, no time.

This is the to do list, probably minimal one before us. Let's see what we can do, and that will determine who we are. What if this is only a test, the mirror?

And then we will have to learn the lessons. Institutions will have to be remained. No more words in place and instead of principles. No behind the curtain compromises, on principles. No pompous politicians and chairs. No big vetoes, period. This just may be the mirror - and what if the ultimate one?

And what if we just stay the hell out of this...since...you know...it's none of our business...

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

And what if we just stay the hell out of this...since...you know...it's none of our business...

It's hardly none of our business. But Canada really has little it can contribute. The Ukrainian military is far larger and far better equipped than Canada's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

How is it any of NATO's business?

In the world now, there are over 200 countries. Of them 140 voted to condemn an obvious aggression with multiple violation of all charters, war crimes and crimes against humanity. Today. Fast forward a few decades ahead. NATO still has 30 countries or so, nobody else has any chance. Where would they drift and go eventually, with China and Russia herding, maybe India following the dictatorship cue at some point? Now, these dark ages happen regularly in this history, there's one difference though this time around, new. Guess.

8 hours ago, myata said:

In the world now, there are over 200 countries. Of them 140 voted to condemn an obvious aggression with multiple violation of all charters, war crimes and crimes against humanity. Today. Fast forward a few decades ahead. NATO still has 30 countries or so, nobody else has any chance. Where would they drift and go eventually, with China and Russia herding, maybe India following the dictatorship cue at some point? Now, these dark ages happen regularly in this history, there's one difference though this time around, new. Guess.

NATO has no reason to get involved.

NONE.

Just now, Moonbox said:

Putin had no reason to invade.  ?

NONE. 

It appears the Russian people would disagree with you.

Personally...I could care less whether or not an invasion of a NON-NATO nation was done with cause or not.

My only care is that we (the western nations of NATO) don't escalate this to something nobody on the planet wants.

Present troll excepted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It appears the Russian people would disagree with you.

Personally...I could care less whether or not an invasion of a NON-NATO nation was done with cause or not.

Fortunately, NATO and its citizens would disagree with you.  

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

My only care is that we (the western nations of NATO) don't escalate this to something nobody on the planet wants.

Present troll excepted.

Except we already know how you really feel:

dumbdumb1.png

You're just too intellectually unprincipled to stand by your own words.  Either that or you're too foolish to reconcile your own worldviews into a coherent thought process. 

My bet?  It's a lot of both.  

Edited by Moonbox

On 10/24/2022 at 8:06 AM, Nationalist said:

NATO has no reason to get involved.

It just so happens that when there would be no ways to avoid getting involved things could get out of hands way too far. Imagine a world of Putin's new order: I can invade and oppress then genocide, ethnic cleanse, terrorize and annihilate plus "annex" anyone and anywhere. Because I have nukes. Plus nukes.

Edited by myata

6 hours ago, myata said:

It just so happens that when there would be no ways to avoid getting involved things could get out of hands way too far. Imagine a world of Putin's new order: I can invade and oppress then genocide, ethnic cleanse, terrorize and annihilate plus "annex" anyone and anywhere. Because I have nukes. Plus nukes.

Imagine? 

It just so happens that Putin has not touched a single NATO nation. That happens to be REALITY. Not imagination. 

It also just so happens that Polaks, Czechs and East Germans are protesting by the thousands against NATO and the EU. It seems they'd rather not freeze this winter and just don't care about Ukraine as much as they do living through the winter.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:11 AM, Nationalist said:

It also just so happens that Polaks, Czechs and East Germans are protesting by the thousands against NATO and the EU. It seems they'd rather not freeze this winter and just don't care about Ukraine as much as they do living through the winter.

I believe you, but please post some sources, because the media is not reporting this point of view.