Why did Obama announce his candidacy in the home of a convicted, unrepentant domestic bomber?

Why did Obama announce his candidacy in the home of a convicted, unrepentant domestic bomber?

Namely, Bill Ayers, who left a dedication in one of his books to Sirhan Sirhan, the murderer of 1968 Democratic Presidential candidate, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.

Wikipedia:

William Charles Ayers (/ɛərz/; born December 26, 1944)[1] rose to prominence during the 1960s as a domestic terrorist.

Bill Ayers
Bill Ayres 2012.jpg
Ayers in 2012
Born
William Charles Ayers

December 26, 1944 (age 77)
Education University of Michigan (BA)
Bank Street College of Education (MEd)
Columbia University (MEd, EdD)
Known for Founder of the Weather Underground
Urban educational reform
Spouse Bernardine Dohrn
Scientific career
Fields Education
Institutions University of Illinois at Chicago

"Much of the controversy about Ayers during the decade since 2000 stems from an interview he gave to Dinitia Smith for The New York Times on the occasion of the memoir's publication on September 11, 2001.[33] The reporter quoted him as saying "I don't regret setting bombs" and "I feel we didn't do enough", and, when asked if he would "do it all again", as responding "I don't want to discount the possibility."[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

Edited by DONKIROCK

14 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Bill Ayers is probably held in very high regard among the majority of leftists. A domestic terrorist is an icon, pretty sad.

It doesn't say much for Obama's judgement does it.

When Trump haters whine that we dont see how Trump has us fooled, I need to remember to ask if they know about this.

?

30 minutes ago, DONKIROCK said:

When Trump haters whine that we dont see how Trump has us fooled, I need to remember to ask if they know about this.

?

No, but we know that you’re a certified liar. 

Barack Obama announced his candidacy for President on the steps of the Historic Old State House of Illinois, where Abraham Lincoln once spoke out against slavery. 
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2865196&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Edited by Rebound
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Barack Obama announced his candidacy for President on the steps of the Historic Old State House of Illinois, where Abraham Lincoln once spoke out against slavery. 

That shows the power of the press to make us believe whatever they want us to believe.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

I suppose you are the liar certifier?

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

I’ve never met someone so full of shit in all my life. Not sure if this board is for us, my friend. This asshat is a degenerate. 

His reality distortion attempts and extreme narcissism remind me of Trump. I have to wonder if he's one of Trump's keyboard warriors. AKA, paid to post.

However, putting so many on ignore would limit his effectiveness, not that he is effective at all.

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

His reality distortion attempts and extreme narcissism remind me of Trump. I have to wonder if he's one of Trump's keyboard warriors. AKA, paid to post.

However, putting so many on ignore would limit his effectiveness, not that he is effective at all.

How does he expect to convince anyone when all he does is lie?

I think you’re right, he probably is a paid troll.  Although he’s not very good at it. 

Edited by Rebound

21 hours ago, Rebound said:

Is the statue of Lincoln still there or has it been pulled down by woke Democrat mobs??

20 hours ago, robosmith said:

Are you under the illusion that Democrats are pulling down statues of ABOLITIONISTS?

Anti-racism protesters mistakenly topple statue of US anti-slavery leader Heg, Charleston's Calhoun statue removed after 16 hours - ABC News

It doesn't seem to be an illusion.

Most of the "racist" statues getting pulled down seem to be Democrats. Interesting, isn't it?

13 of 15 Racist Statues Dems Want Out at Capitol Were Democrats (breitbart.com)

On 10/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, Rebound said:

Don't confuse Trumpoid brains with facts. They can't handle the truth, only made up 'alternate truths'. Sack those libraries, burn those books, they're all fake news.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ironstone said:

You get that the Democrat and Republican parties flipped ideologies in the early 20th century, right? And this came full circle in the 70’s, with Nixon opposing desegregation and Democrats support it. 

On 10/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, ironstone said:

So they made a mistake. Big whup.

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

So they made a mistake. Big whup.

Not really a mistake so much as a group of very ill-informed people that are easily mislead. Perfect examples of how successful brainwashing can be. The mobs doing this kind of vandalism are simply too narrow minded to acknowledge that there could possibly be anyone with a different point of view. We all know leftists are extremely intolerant of diversity of opinion.