George Carlin: "War is rich old men protecting their wealth by sending lower and middle-class young men off to die"

On 5/12/2022 at 10:25 PM, eyeball said:

This seems pretty ironic after a lifetime of being called a commie sympathizer by hard-boiled right-wingers for saying the same thing about the US and at least 3/4s of the planet's politics.  I figure at least 3/4's of the reasons Putin and other authoritarians are on the rise around the planet are due to Uncle Sam having staggered around it like some Franken-state on a power drunken rampage for so long.

If you didn't follow along...you were a commie.?

Gee, I guess all those thousands of Soviet millions pointed at North America were all in our imaginations right? And of course the KGB never tried to infiltrate the West, right? Right? Right Mr. Ein-fucking-stein? Oh, and it must have been nice that you didn't have to build any missiles to point back, we did it all for you.

Moron.

George Carlin is an idiot and am imbecile.

Wars are always started by men who seek power. Stalin, Hitler, Mao. Saddam Hussein into Kuwait, Napoleon, Caesar,  etc. Their color is irrelevant. I am sure there ae a list of wars on the African continent started by evil black men too.

Edited by Great American

6 hours ago, Great American said:

Gee, I guess all those thousands of Soviet millions pointed at North America were all in our imaginations right?

No, but the principles upon which Americans sought to base their resistance to them were imaginary otherwise they wouldn't have gone around knocking off governments in other countries and replacing them with dictators.

6 hours ago, Great American said:

Wars are always started by men who seek power. Stalin, Hitler, Mao. Saddam Hussein into Kuwait, Napoleon, Caesar,  etc. Their color is irrelevant. I am sure there ae a list of wars on the African continent started by evil black men too.

I'm sure there are too but that doesn't mean America had a right to do the same. Two wrongs don't make it a right.

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

Bullshit, Ukraine hadn’t even applied for NATO membership. 

Russia is intentionally destroying an entire country and you are their apologist. You should be ashamed of yourself.

That's idiocy and lies. Ukraine was openly talking about joining NATO. Biden has always talked about the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO and Kamala was just in Ukraine talking about the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO before the war started.

Ukraine can pound sand. I wouldn't give them the steam off of my shit.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's idiocy and lies. Ukraine was openly talking about joining NATO. Biden has always talked about the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO and Kamala was just in Ukraine talking about the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO before the war started.

Talking isn't doing but Russia's actions have made it very clear they should have joined NATO a long time ago. It's very clear you are fine with Russia or any other country destroying another country because of what it might do, even joining an alliance that would help insure its own security. Which it turns out was badly needed. 

You go on about freedom and rights. You don't give a shit about anyone's but your own.

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

Why not, you are.

I'm just telling the truth, and you know that. You don't have to be an expert to spot an elephant in a kiddie pool.

- NATO is encroaching on Russia, bigtime.

- The US is doing bioweapons research in Ukrainian labs, the fact that they say that it's for "defensive purposes" is no excuse. 

- When the US felt a bit of heat from Russian nukes all the way out in Cuba, the US went apeshit and almost started WWIII directly with Russia. Well, now NATO and their bioweapons are too close to Russia and the Russians are the ones who are making a stand.

Every single thing that I said is literally 100% true and you know it, but we both know that you're going to keep your head up your ass and come back with more CNN talking points which are purely based on how they feel. 

Read the title of your post. The Russians pushing this war are some of the richest old white guys in the world and many of the Russians dying in Ukraine are young conscripts who have no choice.

Russia did put nukes in Cuba and one of the conditions of removing them was NATO removing them from Turkey. There are no nukes stationed in NATO countries bordering Russia.

You are such a hypocrite.

PS. Haven't watched CNN in a long time but maybe you should lay off the RT talking points.

Edited by Aristides
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Talking isn't doing but Russia's actions have made it very clear they should have joined NATO a long time ago. It's very clear you are fine with Russia or any other country destroying another country because of what it might do, even joining an alliance that would help insure its own security. Which it turns out was badly needed. 

You go on about freedom and rights. You don't give a shit about anyone's but your own.

Yeah, talking is doing, 100%. That's how international treaties are formed.

Talking secretly at first, then allowing some rumours to flow or making some general hints, talking a bit more openly and gauging the political blowback and the support, engaging in serious discussions about the overall look & feel of it, putting a bow on it for the media, then agreeing in principal, and then ironing out all the finer details, having final debates with all the necessary signatories, and then eventually sealing the deal.

The process is underway, and when Biden was in Ukraine as VP, it was (in theory at least) to put an end to oligarchic & Russian influence/corruption so that Ukraine could eventually join NATO (enriching the Bidens and the other influential Dem families was also a big part of it). They had to get all of their ducks in a row in order to be considered as a possibility.

Ukraine becoming a signatory to NATO, and especially Article 5, is not a possibility for Russia. You and I have no idea ho close Ukraine was to possibly signing into NATO. For the sake of propaganda we're led to believe that it wasn't happening at all, but that's coming from the mouths of the Russian collusion crooks. Nothing that they say can be believed at all when it comes to matters about Russia.

And boy oh boy, Obama sure couldn't have been more wrong when he famously quipped "The 190802 called...." ?

Dems always have it cranked up to full-retard. It's unfathomable that they still have such a huge sycophant horde. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Yeah, talking is doing, 100%. That's how international treaties are formed.

Talking secretly at first, then allowing some rumours to flow or making some general hints, talking a bit more openly and gauging the political blowback and the support, engaging in serious discussions about the overall look & feel of it, putting a bow on it for the media, then agreeing in principal, and then ironing out all the finer details, having final debates with all the necessary signatories, and then eventually sealing the deal.

The process is underway, and when Biden was in Ukraine as VP, it was (in theory at least) to put an end to oligarchic & Russian influence/corruption so that Ukraine could eventually join NATO (enriching the Bidens and the other influential Dem families was also a big part of it). They had to get all of their ducks in a row in order to be considered as a possibility.

Ukraine becoming a signatory to NATO, and especially Article 5, is not a possibility for Russia. You and I have no idea ho close Ukraine was to possibly signing into NATO. For the sake of propaganda we're led to believe that it wasn't happening at all, but that's coming from the mouths of the Russian collusion crooks. Nothing that they say can be believed at all when it comes to matters about Russia.

And boy oh boy, Obama sure couldn't have been more wrong when he famously quipped "The 190802 called...." ?

Dems always have it cranked up to full-retard. It's unfathomable that they still have such a huge sycophant horde. 

Enriching the Bidens. FFS Putin is worth a thousand times more than Biden and your American hero is billionaire shyster who uses every scam he can to make himself richer, Including so called charities he set up.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Read the title of your post. The Russians pushing this war are some of the richest old white guys in the world and many of the Russians dying in Ukraine are young conscripts who have no choice.

Russia did put nukes in Cuba and one of the conditions of removing them was NATO removing them from Turkey. There are no nukes stationed in NATO countries bordering Russia.

You are such a hypocrite.

PS. Haven't watched CNN in a long time but maybe you should lay off the RT talking points.

FYI the people fighting war on their home front aren't always in it for the money. The people politicking 3,000 miles away, even though they have no actual skin in the game, almost always are. 

Of course Raytheon and McDonnell Douglas are all over this shit. Of course warbucks for congress is a big part of this. One of the main reasons that covid and the vaxes were back-burnered is the pigs moved to a different trough

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI the people fighting war on their home front aren't always in it for the money. The people politicking 3,000 miles away, even though they have no actual skin in the game, almost always are. 

Of course Raytheon and McDonnell Douglas are all over this shit. Of course warbucks for congress is a big part of this. One of the main reasons that covid and the vaxes were back-burnered is the pigs moved to a different trough

Tell that to the mothers of dead Russian conscripts. You are the one who is so pro life, at least until they leave the womb. Putin put them where they are. No one else.

Edited by Aristides

10 hours ago, Great American said:

Gee, I guess all those thousands of Soviet millions pointed at North America were all in our imaginations right? And of course the KGB never tried to infiltrate the West, right? Right? Right Mr. Ein-fucking-stein? Oh, and it must have been nice that you didn't have to build any missiles to point back, we did it all for you.

Moron.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, but the principles upon which Americans sought to base their resistance to them were imaginary

Fuck you asshole. You don't know jack shit about what was really going on.

Here is today's Antifa. My imagination also?

Chaos Spreads In Portland, Mayor Defends Not Intervening In Violence | KDNL

Bridget Phetasy on Twitter: "I'll stop criticizing antifa when they stop  waving around the Soviet flag https://t.co/lIbTthQ1Jr" / Twitter

Biden’s Senior Advisor Once Said Chinese Dictator Mao Zedong Was One Of Her ‘Favorite Political Philosophers’
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/17/joe-biden-advisor-anita-dunn-mao-zedong-philosopher/

WASHINGTON - MAY 01: Interim White House Communications Director Anita Dunn (C) talks with White House Senior Advisor David Axelrod before the start of a swearing-in ceremony in the East Room of the White House May 1, 2009 in Washington, DC. Dunn, a longtime Democratic consultant, has agreed to work for the Obama Administration for up to several months until a permanent appointee is named. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

A senior advisor to Joe Biden’s presidential campaign said Chinese dictator Mao Zedong was one of her “favorite political philosophers” during a speech to graduating high schoolers in 2009.

Anita Dunn, who was temporarily granted effective control of Biden’s campaign in February and now serves as a senior advisor, said Mao and Mother Teresa were “the two people that I turn to most” when she needs to encourage others to break from the mold and blaze their own trail in life.

“In 1947, when Mao Zedong was being challenged within his own party on his plan to basically take China over … the nationalist Chinese held the cities, they had the army, they had the air force, they had everything on their side,” Dunn told the audience. “And people said how could you win? How could you do this?”

“And Mao Zedong said, ‘You fight your war and I’ll fight mine,'” Dunn said. “Think about that for a second. You don’t have to accept the definition of how to do things, and you don’t have to follow other people’s choices and paths. You fight your own war, you lay out your own path.”

Dunn was serving as acting White House Communications Director under former President Barack Obama when she was recorded making the comments about Mao. Dunn announced her resignation from her post in November 2019, less than a month after former Fox News host Glenn Beck first reported her comments.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You are correct. And furthermore, Biden should never been shooting his mouth off like that. He is an idiot. Ukraine is not a worthy member of NATO. But Ukraine did give bribes to his son. Biden should be in jail.

• Like 1

‘You fight your war and I’ll fight mine,'” Dunn said. “Think about that for a second. You don’t have to accept the definition of how to do things, and you don’t have to follow other people’s choices and paths. You fight your own war, you lay out your own path.”

What do you Trumpists  find wrong about that? Isn't that what you say you admire about him?

5 minutes ago, Great American said:

You are correct. And furthermore, Biden should never been shooting his mouth off like that. He is an idiot. Ukraine is not a worthy member of NATO. But Ukraine did give bribes to his son. Biden should be in jail.

NATO has 20 members, any new members require approval of all 20. But, but Biden. Geeze you guys are easily led around by the nose.

3 hours ago, Great American said:

Fuck you asshole.

There it is - the very sort of good olde fashioned American exceptionalism that did a lot to set the stage for budding self-styled exceptionalists everywhere .

A Shiny Beacon indeed.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:20 AM, Aristides said:

Tell that to the mothers of dead Russian conscripts. You are the one who is so pro life, at least until they leave the womb. Putin put them where they are. No one else.

NATO put Russia in a position where they had no choice. 

We're not the good guys here Aristedes.

Every single time the Dems said RUSSIA or UKRAINE in the last ten years they were lying. You know this. 

Russian collusion was the biggest lie in the history of the human race. Ukrainian collusion was a complete farce - all of America's crimes in Ukraine were committed by the Biden family. Now the US has BIOWEAPONS RESEARCH LABS IN UKRAINE, they set up Zelenski to be president by getting Klitschko to back out, they got rid of the top prosecutor in Ukraine and by Biden's own words he installed the new guy, and now they're trying to act is if NATO encroachment and bioweapons have nothing to do with this war.

FYI NATO encroachment and bioweapons have everything to do with this war. Stop being a useful idiot and just regurgitating Dem talking points. It's fuckin embarrassing. You're a Canadian, you don't have to abide by the US Gov't's propaganda. Grab a spine. Grab some balls. Grab a brain. 

You're advocating for war on a scale that you obviously don't comprehend. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Every single time the Dems said RUSSIA or UKRAINE in the last ten years they were lying. You know this. 

Russian collusion was the biggest lie in the history of the human race. Ukrainian collusion was a complete farce - all of America's crimes in Ukraine were committed by the Biden family. Now the US has BIOWEAPONS RESEARCH LABS IN UKRAINE, they set up Zelenski to be president by getting Klitschko to back out, they got rid of the top prosecutor in Ukraine and by Biden's own words he installed the new guy, and now they're trying to act is if NATO encroachment and bioweapons have nothing to do with this war.

FYI NATO encroachment and bioweapons have everything to do with this war. Stop being a useful idiot and just regurgitating Dem talking points. It's fuckin embarrassing. You're a Canadian, you don't have to abide by the US Gov't's propaganda. Grab a spine. Grab some balls. Grab a brain. 

No one forced Russia to invade Ukraine. Now it looks like NATO will have two new members due to Putin imperialism.

Smooth move Vlad. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

It's called "being led around by the truth". You should try it some time. 

Your alternate truth? No thanks. France has had no problem telling the US to pound sand in the past yet they are totally on  board with supporting Ukraine. Europeans know what threatens Europe a hell of a lot better than you.

40 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Come move to my country. ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Your alternate truth? No thanks. France has had no problem telling the US to pound sand in the past yet they are totally on  board with supporting Ukraine. Europeans know what threatens Europe a hell of a lot better than you.

Leftists wallow alternative truths 24/7, like "even though Russian collusion was proven to be a complete farce, it's still ok to promote it as being real", or "it's not hatemongering to pretend that not taking the pseduovax is proof that you're a racist and misogynist", etc. 

It's not an alternative truth to say that the US has bioweapons research labs in Ukraine, because the American gov't actually let that slip out. 

It's not an alternative truth to say that NATO's encroachment on Russia provoked war, because even Zelenski has acknowledged it.

I get that the members of the gov't of France want to personally profit from what's happening in Ukraine right now, that doesn't mean that I have to believe it's ok. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Great American said:

Come move to my country. ?

I'm an Albertan, which is quite similar to being Texan, just a landlocked version with a long winter instead of endless spring/summer.

It's not really the same as being a Canadian anymore, and I'm proud of that. 

I could move to Texas or Fla in a heartbeat, but you couldn't pay me enough to live in a place like NYC or LA.