Protesting on Public Sidewalks now illegal in Alberta

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Way to assume.

1. I believe in free enterprise business.

2. I have never seen any politician personally harass protesters. I see law enforcement officials enforcing existing laws if forced into it.

I stand for doing what is needed to get it right. I stand for law and order. I stand for peaceful protests and not disrupting the lives of citizens. I stand for freedom of expression within the boundaries of civility. I stand for being able to civilly discussing disputes over any topic. I stand for anyone to have an opinion on anything without retribution by those that do not agree with the opinion. I stand for the ability to leave if things are no of your liking. I stand for being able to make choices. I stand for those living with the consequences of those decisions. I stand by and applaud the ones that actually do something about their convictions as opposed to blowing smoke and vitriol on forums.

There may be more but that should give you enough ammunition to mount an attack :)

1. Nonsense. You stand for pettiness. If you stood for free enterprise anyone could open and bank and offer whatever they wanted for currency. Because banking is heavily regulated, banks should serve everyone regardless of their political views.

2. If you did support all of that you wouldn't support laws stating its illegal to protest on a public sidewalk. 

Edited by West

28 minutes ago, West said:

1. Nonsense. You stand for pettiness. If you stood for free enterprise anyone could open and bank and offer whatever they wanted for currency. Because banking is heavily regulated, banks should serve everyone regardless of their political views.

2. If you did support all of that you wouldn't support laws stating its illegal to protest on a public sidewalk. 

OK. Your opinion.

I support a bank being able to do what it needs to to stay within the law. '

As for you complaint about sidewalks, is is all in your imagination as I have demonstrated to you in another thread. No one is charged and no one is being charged and no one is being threatened as long as they stay within existing laws, old existing laws.

But hey, its OK. As I said "I stand for doing what is needed to get it right. I stand for law and order. I stand for peaceful protests and not disrupting the lives of citizens. I stand for freedom of expression within the boundaries of civility. I stand for being able to civilly discussing disputes over any topic. I stand for anyone to have an opinion on anything without retribution by those that do not agree with the opinion. I stand for the ability to leave if things are no of your liking. I stand for being able to make choices. I stand for those living with the consequences of those decisions. I stand by and applaud the ones that actually do something about their convictions as opposed to blowing smoke and vitriol on forums. "

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

OK. Your opinion.

I support a bank being able to do what it needs to to stay within the law. '

As for you complaint about sidewalks, is is all in your imagination as I have demonstrated to you in another thread. No one is charged and no one is being charged and no one is being threatened as long as they stay within existing laws, old existing laws.

But hey, its OK. As I said "I stand for doing what is needed to get it right. I stand for law and order. I stand for peaceful protests and not disrupting the lives of citizens. I stand for freedom of expression within the boundaries of civility. I stand for being able to civilly discussing disputes over any topic. I stand for anyone to have an opinion on anything without retribution by those that do not agree with the opinion. I stand for the ability to leave if things are no of your liking. I stand for being able to make choices. I stand for those living with the consequences of those decisions. I stand by and applaud the ones that actually do something about their convictions as opposed to blowing smoke and vitriol on forums. "

The bank should not be able to discriminate you based on political belief just like they shouldn't be able to discriminate against you because of skin color. We settled that long ago.. why are you folks trying to take society backwards? 

So you suggesting they arrested five then didn't charge them? Makes it look like an intimidation tactic which is worse. 

9 hours ago, West said:

The bank should not be able to discriminate you based on political belief just like they shouldn't be able to discriminate against you because of skin color. We settled that long ago.. why are you folks trying to take society backwards? 

So you suggesting they arrested five then didn't charge them? Makes it look like an intimidation tactic which is worse. 

Demonstrate and show where the banks discriminated against anyone based on political beliefs? If accounts were frozen, then is was as a result breaking some law.

"only asked banks to freeze the accounts of people and organizations who were actually at the so-called “Freedom Convoy” protests in Ottawa, and only after officers called most of the targeted protesters to warn them."

"banks received the power to monitor and even freeze accounts of individuals tied to the protests."

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/banks-were-only-asked-to-freeze-accounts-of-freedom-convoy-protestors-in-ottawa-and-after-most-were-warned-rcmp

Getting arrested should result in charges. Now, having said that, maybe if they did not break the existing laws, they would not have been arrested.

If you decide to willingly break a law, then you accept the consequences of your actions. If you go 80 in a 50 zone, you will get a ticket. If you drive drunk, you will be arrested. Break a law, you get nailed.

Edited by ExFlyer
Added link

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Getting arrested should result in charges. Now, having said that, maybe if they did not break the existing laws, they would not have been arrested.

If you decide to willingly break a law, then you accept the consequences of your actions. If you go 80 in a 50 zone, you will get a ticket. If you drive drunk, you will be arrested. Break a law, you get nailed.

The evidence for which they were arrested is bs and largely based on false media reports. 

1. The CBC falsely claimed the protest was funded by Russia. 

2. The police were actually the ones that directed traffic and parked the vehicles downtown. 

3. The government doesn't decide when enough is enough for a protest. If that's the case they could effectively just break up any protests they want whether lawful or not. A case and point is a judge slapping down Scott Moe's hissy fit against Tristan Durocher, trying to use bogus bylaws to have him removed from legislative property. The Charter trumps politicians hissy fits. 

4. The Freedom organizers have correspondence with police showing cooperation. For example, they repositioned trucks and were on social media telling the truckers to move their vehicles if asked. 

5. They were barricaded in. So even if asked to leave, they couldn't. 

6. The CBC and others flat out lied about freedom convoy organizers trying to start an apartment building on fire. 

7. Convoy organizers can't possibly be held responsible for the actions of others. That's not how western legal system works. 

8. The police chief flat out lied about weapons in the trucks. Later admitted that no, there were no weapons.

These charges haven't been proven in court. The weight of evidence supports the freedom organizers and their quest to keep it peaceful. While minor annoyances occurred no doubt, the judge who signed the injunction even said the protest was lawful. As has the Ontario superior Court. The Senate was about to slap down the Emergencies Act.

The banking thing is more about politics. Trudeau's a petty little boy. The banks are just acting as an arm of Trudeau. Sick people. 

Even if they did act unlawfully, shutting down someone's chequing account so that they can't access money, buy food etc is inhumane and not something you'd expect in a western democracy. 

21 minutes ago, West said:

The evidence for which they were arrested is bs and largely based on false media reports. 

1. The CBC falsely claimed the protest was funded by Russia. 

2. The police were actually the ones that directed traffic and parked the vehicles downtown. 

3. blah

4. blah blah

5. They were barricaded in. So even if asked to leave, they couldn't. 

6. The CBC and others flat out lied about freedom convoy organizers trying to start an apartment building on fire. 

7. Convoy organizers can't possibly be held responsible for the actions of others. That's not how western legal system works. 

8. The police chief flat out lied about weapons in the trucks. Later admitted that no, there were no weapons.

These charges haven't been proven in court. The weight of evidence supports the freedom organizers and their quest to keep it peaceful. While minor annoyances occurred no doubt, the judge who signed the injunction even said the protest was lawful. As has the Ontario superior Court. The Senate was about to slap down the Emergencies Act.

The banking thing is more about politics. Trudeau's a petty little boy. The banks are just acting as an arm of Trudeau. Sick people. 

Even if they did act unlawfully, shutting down someone's chequing account so that they can't access money, buy food etc is inhumane and not something you'd expect in a western democracy. 

They were charged and ticketed for breaking laws.

Yes, police directed traffic downtown to allow a peaceful protest not knowing they were going to blockade and set up camps.

Anyone that wanted to leave was able to leave unless they were barricaded in by other protesters vehicle that were unwilling to move.

Organizers of anything can be held responsible for the issues and actions they create. (protesters and organizers of the Jan 6 in Washington issue as an example).

Anyone wanting to go to court to contest the ticket or charge is eligible to do so. do so. Are they? Maybe they have no case? The one guy in jail has to be the biggest fool of the whole thing. He must be an embarrassment to the protesters

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

They were charged and ticketed for breaking laws.

Yes, police directed traffic downtown to allow a peaceful protest not knowing they were going to blockade and set up camps.

Anyone that wanted to leave was able to leave unless they were barricaded in by other protesters vehicle that were unwilling to move.

Organizers of anything can be held responsible for the issues and actions they create. (protesters and organizers of the Jan 6 in Washington issue as an example).

Anyone wanting to go to court to contest the ticket or charge is eligible to do so. do so. Are they? Maybe they have no case? The one guy in jail has to be the biggest fool of the whole thing. He must be an embarrassment to the protesters

There was no blockades in Ottawa. You are confusing the border protests with the ones found in Ottawa. 

Facts are two police chiefs resigned in two weeks probably because they were being pressured to carry out unlawful orders. 

And no they dropped big cement barriers blocking in trucks even after the convoy agreed to begin moving vehicles out of downtown. 

It's not reasonable to hold convoy organizers responsible for the actions of a few out of several hundred thousand people. Of course like Jan 6 they try but that's mostly political, especially with the nutty left, but not really rooted in any law. 

Pat King organized one group, not the entire protest. The protest was made up of hundreds of these small groups of convoys. He had nothing to do with Freedom Convoy 2022 which was basically just a non profit to distribute the GiveSendGo account consistent with Canadian tax law. Of course Trudeau was too vindictive to allow Canadians to put their money into a cause they believed in and created these fake stories, like the attempted arson, to justify freezing the account  

What's also funny is that this "illegal protest" led to NO property damage and no real uptick in Covid cases. Just the vaxx nazis crying about different views. Pathetic.

Edited by West

13 minutes ago, West said:

There was no blockades in Ottawa. You are confusing the border protests with the ones found in Ottawa. 

Facts are two police chiefs resigned in two weeks probably because they were being pressured to carry out unlawful orders. 

And no they dropped big cement barriers blocking in trucks even after the convoy agreed to begin moving vehicles out of downtown. 

It's not reasonable to hold convoy organizers responsible for the actions of a few out of several hundred thousand people. Of course like Jan 6 they try but that's mostly political, especially with the nutty left, but not really rooted in any law. 

Pat King organized one group, not the entire protest. The protest was made up of hundreds of these small groups of convoys. He had nothing to do with Freedom Convoy 2022 which was basically just a non profit to distribute the GiveSendGo account consistent with Canadian tax law. Of course Trudeau was too vindictive to allow Canadians to put their money into a cause they believed in and created these fake stories, like the attempted arson, to justify freezing the account

When you place a RV sideways on a street blocking traffic in both directions. When you put up a car on blocks blocking traffic in both directions. When you plunk big trucks in the middle of the roads and lock and leave them blocking traffic in both directions....that is a blockade.

Yeah, the police chief should have resigned for inaction from day 2 of the protest. He really screwed up with his inaction.

Barriers were to prevent more vehicles from coming into downtown. They directed all other vehicles away from downtown to a baseball stadium parking lot..

Absolutely they can hold organizers liable for the actions of their followers if they tell the followers to do things that are against the rules and laws. Just by telling them to stay and block roads they told folks to do something illegal.

Pat King is a fool and looking stupider every day. He cannot find a lawyer and hen he does, he fires them. He sits in jail because he is a fool. If he had any kind of case, he would be out long before now. He is just liking the free room and board he is getting because he has no other means of support. Who would hire that joker now? LOL

That Lich chick  eventually had someone bail her out and now she is trying to get the court ordered restrictions lifted until she goes to trial. Why has her case not yet been heard? Probably because her lawyer cannot find any loopholes to squeeze her through.

Lastly, and I am not defending Trudeau, but he has nothing to do with the court actions against them. All those ticketed or charged broke existing laws.

Personally, I think they will both get off with a hand slap but, the courts point will have been made and they will have a record tagged on them for life. Good luck leaving the country...or more importantly, good luck trying to get into other countries.

10 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

When you place a RV sideways on a street blocking traffic in both directions. When you put up a car on blocks blocking traffic in both directions. When you plunk big trucks in the middle of the roads and lock and leave them blocking traffic in both directions....that is a blockade.

Yeah, the police chief should have resigned for inaction from day 2 of the protest. He really screwed up with his inaction.

Barriers were to prevent more vehicles from coming into downtown. They directed all other vehicles away from downtown to a baseball stadium parking lot..

Absolutely they can hold organizers liable for the actions of their followers if they tell the followers to do things that are against the rules and laws. Just by telling them to stay and block roads they told folks to do something illegal.

Pat King is a fool and looking stupider every day. He cannot find a lawyer and hen he does, he fires them. He sits in jail because he is a fool. If he had any kind of case, he would be out long before now. He is just liking the free room and board he is getting because he has no other means of support. Who would hire that joker now? LOL

That Lich chick  eventually had someone bail her out and now she is trying to get the court ordered restrictions lifted until she goes to trial. Why has her case not yet been heard? Probably because her lawyer cannot find any loopholes to squeeze her through.

Lastly, and I am not defending Trudeau, but he has nothing to do with the court actions against them. All those ticketed or charged broke existing laws.

Personally, I think they will both get off with a hand slap but, the courts point will have been made and they will have a record tagged on them for life. Good luck leaving the country...or more importantly, good luck trying to get into other countries.

1. Again the police were the ones who parked the vehicle. 

2. Chris Barber put out a tiktok video telling people to listen to police. The intention was always to maintain driving lanes so that emergency vehicles could get through. This was in collaboration with the Ottawa police. 

As an aside, you could still get through the downtown with ease. I know people who stayed in hotels down there during the convoy and had absolutely no issues getting out of downtown.

3. There wasn't "inaction". The police chief worked with the truckers to maintain a peaceful assembly. No damage to property. No violence (aside from the shameful display by police). 

4. Liable for what though? As I said, they collaborated with the police. Yes they did park vehicles in the baseball stadium. Pretty much everyone from the western convoys weren't parked downtown. 

5. Trudeaus actions escalated the situation. The job of a politician is to meet with people even if you disagree with them, not hurl insults and disgrace your nation on the world stage. 

And Freeland was a major player in the bank accounts being frozen. THAT had absolutely nothing to do with the courts. 

Edited by West

3 hours ago, West said:

1. Again the police were the ones who parked the vehicle. 

2. Chris Barber put out a tiktok video telling people to listen to police. The intention was always to maintain driving lanes in collaboration with the Ottawa police. 

3. There wasn't "inaction". The police chief worked with the truckers to maintain a peaceful assembly. No damage to property. No violence (aside from the shameful display by police). 

4. Liable for what though? As I said, they collaborated with the police. Yes they did park vehicles in the baseball stadium. Pretty much everyone from the western convoys weren't parked downtown. 

5. Trudeaus actions escalated the situation. The job of a politician is to meet with people even if you disagree with them, not hurl insults and disgrace your nation on the world stage. 

And Freeland was a major player in the bank accounts being frozen. THAT had absolutely nothing to do with the courts. 

Yeah OK.

Another discussion with no end. Your opinion, my opinion....neither one is worth anything as in the end, the courts will decide.

As I said, it may just end up being a slap on the wrist and the fool still sitting jail will be there all for naught.

BTW. There are a bunch of bikers planning  protests in Ottawa this weekend. When a organizer was asked what they were protesting he had no answer. He did not know LOL

Anyway, the Ottawa Police are going to ensure things go peacefully and "One of the organizers of a planned motorcycle convoy is warning of a "free-for-all" on Friday if Ottawa police don't allow hundreds of protesters to bring their bikes onto the streets around Parliament Hill."

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/convoy-organizer-warns-of-free-for-all-if-police-ban-protest-from-downtown-ottawa-5297297

Ottawa Police statement regarding this weekends motorcycle protests

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/police-beat/ottawa-police-service-releases-statement-regarding-rolling-thunder-event-this-weekend-5296804

Should make for an interesting weekend here on Ottawa :)

Edited by ExFlyer
Added information about a new protest