1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

sure

but that is argument ad populum

a logical fallacy

what is popular isn't always good

and what is good isn't always popular

how many people agree or don't agree with you

doesn't win an argument

I don’t think so…. It’s more an issue with defining terms.  And most Canadians, by your own admission, don’t agree with how you define the term ‘liberty’ or ‘extremism’.  

Most Canadians think we have liberty.  In fact, there are independent groups that measure these things and Canada scores extremely high. 

Your contention seems to be “Canadians are too stupid to know what liberty is because they don’t agree with me”.

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

If you think most Canadians won’t fight for freedom and Treebeard asks if most Canadians agree with your stance on the importance of freedom, he’s merely proving your point.  I hear you.  I hope it’s not true that most Canadians don’t care about freedom, but I have my doubts.  I’m losing interest in Canada.  I sometimes think the people are becoming sucky.  It’s all about getting handouts and being micromanaged like irresponsible babies.  If Trudeau succeeds in maintaining mandates, that’s all the proof we need.  When people who are willing to sacrifice income to defend freedom are characterized as scary extremists, we’ve lost the plot as a society.  If we won’t defend the Constitution, what do Canadians stand for and what’s the value of Canada?   Might as well move to the US or Britain where freedom is valued.  

freedom isn't valued in Britain

only in America unfortunately

and only in certain parts of America

Canadians were like this long before covid

they always were sucky

covid just exposed their totalitarian streak more clearly

even if these mandates went away

that doesn't mean that streak is gone

10 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I don’t think so…. It’s more an issue with defining terms.  And most Canadians, by your own admission, don’t agree with how you define the term ‘liberty’ or ‘extremism’.  

Most Canadians think we have liberty.  In fact, there are independent groups that measure these things and Canada scores extremely high. 

Your contention seems to be “Canadians are too stupid to know what liberty is because they don’t agree with me”.

my contention is that Canadians don't know what liberty is because they hate liberty and think slavery is freedom

if they merely disagree with me but supported liberty, I wouldn't say they didn't know what liberty was

I only say that, because they don't know

On 2/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, WestCanMan said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8590833/conservative-party-interim-leader/

She's got more spine in her little finger than O'Toole has in his buttery soft 'body'. 

The Liberals' mendacity, seen in this video, just didn't stand a chance against her. 

She comes into the job with more of a name than Rona did, and Rona became a favourite to lead the party. 

Obviously Candace can't run for leadership this time around, but it will be interesting to see if her star rises after this.

She's more likely to endorse Poilievre.   Probably that's why she opted to be the House leader instead - she'll be the next one in waiting.  She'll most likely be the first elected female Prime Minister.

For a while there, I thought it would be Freeland - but she's been tarnished by Trudeau.  And, she proved to be just another politician good with talking points.

I lke Poilievre.  Furthermore, known as "Harper's Pitbull," he's been honed to deal with the other parties in talk shows and the press.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1