When an antiwork Reddit mod goes on Fox News, it is hilarious

Reddit is a website where a lot of topics may be discussed in many small bubbles called subreddits, where photos, posts, videos are shared. Anyone may access most of the subreddits, but you need to register to Reddit to get access to commenting, just like most forums like the own you're browsing right now.

The subreddit called r/Antiwork is a subreddit officially dedicated to combat unfair work practices, bosses who are down right abusive, but also is a place where lots of people who are really just not wanting to work flock to. This subreddit did legitimately good things; the posters and mods helped Kellogg's workers when they were on strike, to post applications to go to work for Kellogg's and waste the employer's time for better working conditions for their employees, which they were granted after a few weeks. Famous posts also include a nurse who, only 12 days after giving birth to a newborn, had to go back to work. It is legitimaly good, but also encourages laziness.

Fox News decided that, you know what, this subreddit, which garnered hundreds of thousands of followers, had to be more mediatized.

They decided to welcome one of their moderators on the Jessie Watters show, and it is a piece of anthology. 

The subreddit is now closed, because the moderator who was interviewed thought he did well on Fox News, and thought Conservatives and other corporate entities were brigading the subreddit when he was duly criticized for his unkempt presentation, the weakness emanating from him and his total lack of intelligence. He is also what many portrait as a caricature of a Reddit moderator, a lazy, fat, lone male with no real job.

Fascinating, and hilarious.

Thoughts?

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Like 1

The lisp guy! Ya I saw that. Funny and concerning all at the same time. I ran into a few moderators on Reddit that fit the same bill. Check out r/politics. It took me less that a week for them to first brigade me to death and then ban me.

I like this board. It's a little more fair and balanced I think. I tried Gab but, it's a monotone drone of the same thing. No mix of ideology to discuss with. Lots of back-patting. Rather similar to Reddit in that regard.

An echo chamber of wacky ideas.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The lisp guy! Ya I saw that. Funny and concerning all at the same time. I ran into a few moderators on Reddit that fit the same bill. Check out r/politics.

I find reddit very not well suited for political discussions for many reasons. The first one is the corporate involvement in Reddit, in how it is financed by shady entities, enforcing rules on speech on this platform in the shadows. The second thing I find rather grotesque is the way messages are displayed, making some conversations impossible to follow especially when there are lots of discussions for a specific post. Finally, I would say that the moderators of Reddit have all around been pretty uneven, some subreddits have very lax moderators, while others have strict speech rules that you have to follow, although it is the same website, rules differ from subreddits to other subreddits.

Some people really hate Reddit mods so much, that the Reddit mods are by themselves, memes that are widely recognized around the Globe.

Seems like the stereotype desplayed in the meme below is quite on the money.

sLbDsvGQzB8cZ-PSX0dYX22Cj-y7owXrBN5lgq-d05k.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I find reddit very not well suited for political discussions for many reasons. The first one is the corporate involvement in Reddit, in how it is financed by shady entities, enforcing rules on speech on this platform in the shadows. The second thing I find rather grotesque is the way messages are displayed, making some conversations impossible to follow especially when there are lots of discussions for a specific post. Finally, I would say that the moderators of Reddit have all around been pretty uneven, some subreddits have very lax moderators, while others have strict speech rules that you have to follow, although it is the same website, rules differ from subreddits to other subreddits.

Some people really hate Reddit mods so much, that the Reddit mods are by themselves, memes that are widely recognized around the Globe.

Seems like the stereotype desplayed in the meme below is quite on the money.

sLbDsvGQzB8cZ-PSX0dYX22Cj-y7owXrBN5lgq-d05k.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!

I've said it repeatedly...

Part of this angry woke crap is the revenge of the nerds.

Thoughts?

I remember seeing a lot of badgers  who were convinced that ET and his buddies had moved to Earth through videos on Reddit It led me to blacklist Reddit pretty quickly for apology to stupidity.

For Fox news or Fake news TV, what it decides, it tells... I don't really care. 

Otherwise  on Facebook for example it seems to me that it has already counted at least 6 billion fake accounts so I was wondering how many fake accounts there could be on Reddit.  If you take out the bots and the guys who get paid to mark bullshit, how many people participate in Reddit ? 

6 minutes ago, Jean-Kevin said:

If you take out the bots and the guys who get paid to mark bullshit, how many people participate in Reddit ? 

Good question.

Involvement in politics, knowledge of the system in the masses is almost bare none.

There is an over representation of political activism on the internet which may be explainable by bots/fake accounts like you said.

How does Reddit or Youtube make its money without subscriptions or paywalls? Same with most internet services such as Facebook, emails, etc...

On 1/26/2022 at 3:42 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

Fascinating, and hilarious.

Thoughts?

1) Your post was actually very thoughtful and unbiased, I think that you did a good job of presenting the pros of that 'subreddit'.

2) Jesse Watters is hilarious. He got his big start by doing on the street interviews and eliciting the kind of responses that he drew from that guy. 

"So do you aspire to do anything more than dog-walking or is that kind of your... your pinnacle?"

Lol, classic Jesse. 

• Haha 1