Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

On 1/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, OftenWrong said:

Your pathetic name calling in such a discussion is beyond dull and boring.

What I said here both times is there is no cause. Sorry if you cannot fathom it but you are only thinking in a dualistic way. It’s either AC, or DC. And I’m startin to think it’s AC around here, if you know what I mean. ;) 

Morality, you say? Fill your boots.

I go with those who understand good and evil are part of the same whole. We have mastered it, transcended it. We hyperboreans...

So you're gay? Or what?

27 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Pope Francis says it’s ok to be gay, and I agree. Maybe you should convert to catholic.

Took long enough did it not?

They should convert to a non-genocidal God the way Gnostic Christians did centuries ago.

I prefer that given the evil Yahweh/Jesus twins.

Are you in the immoral backwards religion or the older good Gnostic one?

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot

21 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Took long enough did it not?

They should convert to a non-genocidal God the way Gnostic Christians did centuries ago.

I prefer that given the evil Yahweh/Jesus twins.

Are you in the immoral backwards religion or the older good Gnostic one?

Regards

DL

Neither. I need no intermediaries. I am independent. Going it alone. 

I just try to do the best I can and if that’s not good enough for somebody, too bad. Sorry. It is what it is.

How about a mulligan.

• 6 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 8:42 PM, Winston said:

Why is Homosexuality a heart posture of sin?

I have it on good faith God is Bisexual, including gay. So the real question is "why is God creating heterosexuals?"

On good faith? The reason for sex is to procreate. And nature, having been created by a wise God, is what gives us the desire to have sex. If we did not need to procreate we would not have sexual desires. Bisexual and gay being right aside, God does not need to procreate and therefore has no need for sex. I can assure you God is not bisexual or gay. 

12 hours ago, James99 said:

The reason for sex is to procreate.

This is rather a simplistic view that ignores that we can be classed as a species that marries for life.

That gives sex more roles or functions than just procreation.

I have enjoyed sex for many years and procreation was not what motivated it.

The same applies to most of us, more than likely.

Regards

DL

On 8/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, French Patriot said:

This is rather a simplistic view that ignores that we can be classed as a species that marries for life.

That gives sex more roles or functions than just procreation.

I have enjoyed sex for many years and procreation was not what motivated it.

The same applies to most of us, more than likely.

Regards

DL

I did not specify because of what we were discussing. But I should have written the main reason for sex is to procreate. Procreation being the MAIN reason cannot be argued and I'm sure you agree. 

Providing comfort and companionship to those that have sex is secondary. They are in place to ensure that humans do have sex and procreate. If the only thing that sex did was procreate then Humans would be much less likely to do it and there would be risk of an end to the human race. Nature, designed by a wise God, gives us these desires that  to ensure continuation. 

On 8/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, French Patriot said:

If those characteristics are in us, and we are created in God's image, then Yahweh has all sexual characteristics and is androgynous.

The ancients knew this and were a lot brighter on these issues than modern peoples.

Regards

DL

We were created in God's image in that he is a being with intellect and will. We are also beings with intellect and will. God does not have a body and is not governed by the nature he created.

The ancients we're very philosophically curious and therefore in those times that is what the great minds focused their attention on. As you said, they made great progress. And although this philosophical progress was paused with the decline and  fall of the Roman empire and the entrance into the dark middle ages, this philosophical curiosity and the ensuing progress in that regard flowered and peaked in the high middle ages or the 1300s. It steadily declined from there with focus shifting towards science and the harnessing of nature's power to ease the lives of the human race ( the industrial revolution. )

Those philosophers from the 1300s would tell you that we are made to God's image in that we are beings with intellect and will. 

j

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Mary might disagree with the first part of this statement…

Mary was not impregnated through sex. She miraculously conceived through Gods intercession. 

And , this doesn't show a need for God to procreate. This conception would only show God's love for the human race. He is not governed by the nature he created, he is not a physical being. He is an immortal spirit and has no need to procreate; he does not engage in physical nature like that. 

11 hours ago, James99 said:

I did not specify because of what we were discussing. But I should have written the main reason for sex is to procreate. Procreation being the MAIN reason cannot be argued and I'm sure you agree. 

Providing comfort and companionship to those that have sex is secondary. They are in place to ensure that humans do have sex and procreate. If the only thing that sex did was procreate then Humans would be much less likely to do it and there would be risk of an end to the human race. Nature, designed by a wise God, gives us these desires that  to ensure continuation. 

Wise????

How do you get a wise genocidal homophobe who makes Covid type creations?

Tell us the wisdom in creating death for us.

Regards

DL

We were created in God's image in that he is a being with intellect and will. We are also beings with intellect and will. God does not have a body and is not governed by the nature he created.

The ancients we're very philosophically curious and therefore in those times that is what the great minds focused their attention on. As you said, they made great progress. And although this philosophical progress was paused with the decline and  fall of the Roman empire and the entrance into the dark middle ages, this philosophical curiosity and the ensuing progress in that regard flowered and peaked in the high middle ages or the 1300s. It steadily declined from there with focus shifting towards science and the harnessing of nature's power to ease the lives of the human race ( the industrial revolution. )

Those philosophers from the 1300s would tell you that we are made to God's image in that we are beings with intellect and will. 

j

You likely know how your bible says you have no free will.

You will likely ignore that fact.

---------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards

DL

Mary was not impregnated through sex. She miraculously conceived through Gods intercession. 

And , this doesn't show a need for God to procreate. This conception would only show God's love for the human race. He is not governed by the nature he created, he is not a physical being. He is an immortal spirit and has no need to procreate; he does not engage in physical nature like that. 

You should stop lying and making statements you cannot prove about a God.

Note how no one else is lying.

We do not have to as we do not hold any supernatural/false beliefs.

Regards

DL

13 hours ago, James99 said:

God needed to procreate to show humans how much He loved them, correct?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

God needed to procreate to show humans how much He loved them, correct?

Not to get ahead of anyone, but I wonder how much love Jesus will show mankind when he returns with his next genocide and mass murders.

I do not see a lot of love in mass murder and hope you do not either.

The Gnostic Jesus is not like that Roman one.

He cures instead of kill. That is scripture.

Regards

DL