Trudeau vows to limit oil and gas development in Canada

Argus

30 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Would you say an ex president of green peace to be a good source ? and yes he is a climatologist. 

A "source" will be a group of scientists with trustworthy sets of data, calculations, measurements, pictures and on and on.

It will not be a single individual or even a lobby that makes pompous statements with nothing to back them with other than their names and titles.

24 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Some of the claims by global warming/climate change activists and some responses.

Quick Comebacks | Climate Discussion Nexus

What is one supposed to find in those quick comebacks?  Neither it proves the claims were made or shows who made those claims nor is the response of any value.

Keep in mind we are speaking about trillions of dollars worth of global destruction.  Those who want to keep it all going to the end can easily pay a few millions or even a few billions here and there to manipulate public opinion.  They can buy experts, create websites and whatever else they want.

3 minutes ago, cougar said:

What is one supposed to find in those quick comebacks?  Neither it proves the claims were made or shows who made those claims nor is the response of any value.

Keep in mind we are speaking about trillions of dollars worth of global destruction.  Those who want to keep it all going to the end can easily pay a few millions or even a few billions here and there to manipulate public opinion.  They can buy experts, create websites and whatever else they want.

I would suggest that since almost all democratic world leaders do an enormous amount of talking on the subject of global warming they are the one's that have an huge amount of financial resources at their disposal. They have been extremely effective in manipulating public opinion too since most people seem to think the world as we know it will end in 10 years give or take.

And I believe there are more than only one solution to this supposed man-made problem. Adapting to the change rather than reversing it seems to make much more sense.

I fear that common sense will lose out in this battle. Remember that for all the bleating coming from our leaders they themselves have absolutely no intention of changing their own gigantic carbon footprint lifestyles. That's for the little people like us to endure and shoulder the entire burden.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I would suggest that since almost all democratic world leaders do an enormous amount of talking on the subject of global warming they are the one's that have an huge amount of financial resources at their disposal. They have been extremely effective in manipulating public opinion too since most people seem to think the world as we know it will end in 10 years give or take.

And I believe there are more than only one solution to this supposed man-made problem. Adapting to the change rather than reversing it seems to make much more sense.

I fear that common sense will lose out in this battle. Remember that for all the bleating coming from our leaders they themselves have absolutely no intention of changing their own gigantic carbon footprint lifestyles. That's for the little people like us to endure and shoulder the entire burden.

Are you saying that the politicians falsified all images of retreating glaciers, rising seas, disappearing forests, CO2 emissions and in addition through bribing the media they fed you lies about non-existing forest fires, tornadoes, floods, droughts and hurricanes ?

This sounds ludicrous to me; but, hey, you call it common sense.

I wish to see you adapting to the new climate.  Lets throw you in the next flood, then drag you out and put you in some man-made desert to dry; then in a hurricane to spin you for a while.  If you survived, lets send you on the path of the next forest fire.  Or you would rather go to Mars to adapt to the climate there?  Whatever you wish.

Edited by cougar

The vast majority of climate scientists are telling us we face a crisis and we have to act.

No such survey has ever been taken. The surveys that have been taken say that scientists agree greenhouse gases have a warming influence and it may create some problems in the future, but they don’t agree it’s a crisis. In fact, the last IPCC Report concluded: “For most economic sectors, the impact of climate change will be small relative to the impacts of other drivers. Changes in population, age, income, technology, relative prices, lifestyle, regulation, governance, and many other aspects of socioeconomic development will have an impact on the supply and demand of economic goods and services that is large relative to the impact of climate change.” The real crisis is that we are being fed so much misinformation on the issue.

So you're saying you don't believe the science?

The “science" makes a lot of different claims based on a lot of different lines of evidence. You can't "believe" all of it because it's full of inconsistencies. Do you believe the scientific data that shows less warming than predicted by climate models? Or the science that shows hurricanes aren't more frequent or more severe? I certainly don't believe alarmist interpretations of the science that cherry-pick computer simulations and try to frighten us with implausible worst-case scenarios. A better question is whether you mainly believe the models or the data, because in a lot of key areas they disagree with each other.

37 minutes ago, ironstone said:

No such survey has ever been taken. .........

The “science" makes a lot of different claims based on a lot of different lines of evidence. You can't "believe" all of it because it's full of inconsistencies. .........

OK, OK,  You won your nomination as our internal Climate Expert #5.   Next.

Why is it that our discussion on climate reminds me of these two guys and I just can't get them off my head...

Edited by cougar

45 minutes ago, ironstone said:

A pretty interesting video with John Robson from the University of Ottawa.

A pretty misleading video with John Robson from the University of Ottawa who is asking the industry to donate to his misinformation channel , so he can continue to throw dust in the eyes of people while sitting with 1,000 books in the background none of which he has read.

Yeah, he knows best sitting in his office in Ottawa. - "Ice is not disappearing"  he says.

Hey, buddy, I have the glacier in front of my eyes every day and I saw it shrink to close to nothing in 10 years. 

Don't believe a single word you say.

Edited by cougar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cougar said:

A "source" will be a group of scientists with trustworthy sets of data, calculations, measurements, pictures and on and on.

It will not be a single individual or even a lobby that makes pompous statements with nothing to back them with other than their names and titles.

How many do you need ? because it sounds even if we had 99 % it would not be enough, both sides have science to back them up the problem is finding out what is fake and what is a known truth. It just seems today everything that happens in our environment is another example of climate change, like we did not have forest fires before, or draughts, or high Co2 levels...Your going to have to come to grips with dying, if you think the liberals are going to save you or even keep their word, or all the countries on the planet are going to stop this climate change from happening. your crazy....

30 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

. both sides have science to back them up .

Impossible.  One side will have the science, the other will have the anti-science.  You can either prove there is human caused climate change or you have to prove that there is not

Even Beavis and Butthead know that 4+5 either equals W or 2²

21 hours ago, cougar said:

Impossible.  One side will have the science, the other will have the anti-science.  You can either prove there is human caused climate change or you have to prove that there is not

Even Beavis and Butthead know that 4+5 either equals W or 2²

I never said Humans did not contribute to climate change, what i said was science has proven it is not as bad as greta of Justin says it is.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I never said Humans did not contribute to climate change, what i said was science has proven it is not as bad as greta of Justin says it is.

And how bad is it?  And is this according to you or the same scientists that Greta and Justin are using to base their conclusions on? You are saying that our political leaders are exaggerating?

In my humble opinion things are even worse than what Justin and Greta will tell us.   We are killing more and more land with bigger and bigger machines and more and more people.  There is less and less healthy land left to support us.

Five months ago we had the hottest days on record , where the community of Lytton burnt down after two days of 50'C temperatures.   Yesterday and the day before, the area east of Vancouver got 260mm of rain in 48 hours - this is what they would get in a rainy month in 30 days.  HWY 1 is closed due to slides; HWY 5 is closed due to slides; HWY 7 is closed due to slides and they are evacuating people by helicopter.

The town of Merritt , (not very far from the burnt Lytton) is now evacuated because of the floods and a breached water treatment plant - I think this is their second evacuation over 5 months for two completely different reasons but both connected to climate change.

You see these "extreme" events that are supposed to happen once in 200 years, now happening regularly one after another. And the way I see it; it will be getting only worse and worse.

Till all of you, deniers raise your white flags.

https://www.cbc.ca/news

Just watch the video on the first page - Coquihalla River.

How bad is it?  Oh, nothing to worry about.

Edited by cougar

15 hours ago, cougar said:

And how bad is it?  And is this according to you or the same scientists that Greta and Justin are using to base their conclusions on? You are saying that our political leaders are exaggerating?

In my humble opinion things are even worse than what Justin and Greta will tell us.   We are killing more and more land with bigger and bigger machines and more and more people.  There is less and less healthy land left to support us.

Five months ago we had the hottest days on record , where the community of Lytton burnt down after two days of 50'C temperatures.   Yesterday and the day before, the area east of Vancouver got 260mm of rain in 48 hours - this is what they would get in a rainy month in 30 days.  HWY 1 is closed due to slides; HWY 5 is closed due to slides; HWY 7 is closed due to slides and they are evacuating people by helicopter.

The town of Merritt , (not very far from the burnt Lytton) is now evacuated because of the floods and a breached water treatment plant - I think this is their second evacuation over 5 months for two completely different reasons but both connected to climate change.

You see these "extreme" events that are supposed to happen once in 200 years, now happening regularly one after another. And the way I see it; it will be getting only worse and worse.

Till all of you, deniers raise your white flags.

https://www.cbc.ca/news

Just watch the video on the first page - Coquihalla River.

How bad is it?  Oh, nothing to worry about.

Well according to the major of merritt, the last time the water was that high was the great flood in 1936, which tells me a couple of things it has happened before, when our carbon levels where much lower, when the human foot print in the area was much smaller, Did it happen before more than likely...

Accurate weather records only go back as far as 1914....and most of the earliest ones were recorded by amateur's.

BC has had forest fires every season since before i can remember, everything that happens in BC today is the result of climate change, it was if you guys never had a fire or flood or rain before....media hype.

If accurate weather and climate records only go back to 1914, how do you know if these events are every 200 years, you don't they are guessing , WOW , you should move to the high ground and start working on your ark, don't forget to take all the rest of the "sky is fallin " wingnuts with you...

Do you really think that our current government is going to save you from this so call crises, that they are going to keep any of their promises....then looking at the larger context you think we are going to convince the largest polluters in the world to bring down they carbon emissions, you have more faith in man kind than i do...Canadians may say they believe and support climate change until it costs something or they have to give something up, like heating their home, or freedom of movement ie by car, train or plane... not going to happen. even the green party could not do anything...so come out from under your bed and enjoy life to the fullest, until you no longer can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

don't forget to take all the rest of the "sky is fallin " wingnuts with you...

....then looking at the larger context you think we are going to convince the largest polluters in the world to bring down they carbon emissions, you have more faith in man kind than i do...

Deny, deny, deny.    They called the flood plane in Merritt - a "200 year flood plane" meaning it should flood once every 200 years on average.  Forest fires - are they not getting worse, or am I missing something?  In Europe, believe it or not, they had never seen forest fires in many places till this year.

Then you tell us to live life to the fullest , do nothing, don't believe or even think about climate , because nothing can be done, nothing will be done and so on...

So why are you then not living your life and stop posting under climate related threads?  

Alternatively, you can drive along HWY 5 or HWY 1 till the sky starts falling , which will not take very long.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-floods-tuesday-update-1.6250367

Edited by cougar

12 minutes ago, cougar said:

Deny, deny, deny.    They called the flood plane in Merritt - a "200 year flood plane" meaning it should flood once every 200 years on average.  Forest fires - are they not getting worse, or am I missing something?  In Europe, believe it or not, they had never seen forest fires in many places till this year.

Then you tell us to live life to the fullest , do nothing, don't believe or even think about climate , because nothing can be done, nothing will be done and so on...

So why are you then not living your life and stop posting under climate related threads?  

Alternatively, you can drive along HWY 5 or HWY 1 till the sky starts falling , which will not take very long.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-floods-tuesday-update-1.6250367

You place to much faith in our government to get anything useful done, and to expect this of the rest of the world is a pipe dream.. Justin could not organize a gang bang in the  local whore house, in 20 years from now we will all be into the next fade, UFO invasion's or something , if it is not climate change then it's the pandemic, or systematic racism, or a combination like climate racism now...we are at a point where the PM has to dance in the LGBTQ parade or is a homophobe....

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

LGBTQ parade or is a homophobe....

Do you have attention deficit disorder?  Stay focused.  We are discussing climate change with potentially limiting oil and gas , logging, mining , coal exports and so on.

Again, if you think discussion is useless because our government is useless, then you can burry your head in the sand and enjoy life to the fullest while you can.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, cougar said:

23 hours ago, cougar said:

Do you have attention deficit disorder?  Stay focused.  We are discussing climate change with potentially limiting oil and gas , logging, mining , coal exports and so on.

Again, if you think discussion is useless because our government is useless, then you can burry your head in the sand and enjoy life to the fullest while you can.

Climate change is the bogeyman who is ludicrously blamed for variable weather patterns.  Water vapor causes more of a warming effect than CO2.  It has not been established that human activity is a significant cause of warming.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, cougar said:

I've called you a wing nut dozens of times does not make you one does it... Mean while some realtor want to sell some land and called it a 200 year flood plain....like some how nature is on the clock, and then everyone gets pissed when nature is early....

why do i keep posting on climate topics to drive wing nuts like you crazy...or maybe to convince you your way to gullible 

7 hours ago, Faramir said:

Climate change is the bogeyman who is ludicrously blamed for variable weather patterns.  Water vapor causes more of a warming effect than CO2.  It has not been established that human activity is a significant cause of warming.  

Thanks Mr.Climate Expert #4. 

4 plus 5 ?

C'mon, 4 added to 5 ?

You're giving me a stiffy!

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I've called you a wing nut dozens of times does not make you one does it... Mean while some realtor want to sell some land and called it a 200 year flood plain....like some how nature is on the clock, and then everyone gets pissed when nature is early....

why do i keep posting on climate topics to drive wing nuts like you crazy...or maybe to convince you your way to gullible 

I'm neither gullible nor a wing nut.

Honestly I can't believe you continue to deny the obvious while people get evacuated all over the place every few months.

But I have no doubt nature will come early for you too one day and maybe then you will start thinking a bit harder.

Edited by cougar

I'm neither gullible nor a wing nut.

Honestly I can't believe you continue to deny the obvious while people get evacuated all over the place every few months.

But I have no doubt nature will come early for you too one day and maybe then you will start thinking a bit harder.

Edited 1 hour ago by cougar

Well mr wing nut, it looks like your flood is not climate change but rather someone screwing with mother nature....maybe your buddies will take on the real bad guys here, and not blame everything on climate change. draining  a massive lake 100 years ago where flood waters were suppose to go...while the people that wanted that land that was under the lake , and now well they are paying the price...

you should also note authorities knew a full week before the flood came and did nothing...that river was back flooded from the US...

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Well mr wing nut, it looks like your flood is not climate change but rather someone screwing with mother nature....maybe your buddies will take on the real bad guys here, and not blame everything on climate change. draining  a massive lake 100 years ago where flood waters were suppose to go...while the people that wanted that land that was under the lake , and now well they are paying the price...

you should also note authorities knew a full week before the flood came and did nothing...that river was back flooded from the US...

Yeah?   Merritt was on the bottom of a lake too? and so was Princeton?   and so was the whole lower mainland?

And then, hey, central BC is a desert and 50'C is pretty normal there too.   Having the forests burn like crazy is also normal every year and all over the place.

Give yourself finally a break and shut up.