Our national pride - Canadian women's soccer team wins gold-medal.

Strangely I wasn't able to find a Sport's section to post this so I decided to post it here (moderators can move the thread if there is one and I was blind) but it is a very important topic that must not be missed because our Canadian women made the entire Canada proud and proved once more that Canada is a country where women are thriving because they enjoy equality and respect and make us all proud to be in this Country.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/soccer/womens-soccer-canada-sweden-gold-medal-aug-6-1.6131828

A good punch into the dirty likely bearded faces of those brain-retard idiots anywhere in the world who may believe or argue against women's equality .

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Strangely I wasn't able to find a Sport's section to post this so I decided to post it here (moderators can move the thread if there is one and I was blind) but it is a very important topic that must not be missed because our Canadian women made the entire Canada proud and proved once more that Canada is a country where women are thriving because they enjoy equality and respect and make us all proud to be in this Country.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/soccer/womens-soccer-canada-sweden-gold-medal-aug-6-1.6131828

A good punch into the dirty likely bearded faces of those brain-retard idiots anywhere in the world who may believe or argue against women's equality .

Yeah, it was good to see a country I support win at penalties for once.

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

People only seem to care about the wokeness ?

Well, as far as the footy goes it started with Trump:

"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn't woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze. Woke means you lose. Everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has."
-- Trump

So you have to know it's not worth a moment's thought.

Edited by bcsapper

8 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Well, as far as the footy goes it started with Trump:

"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn't woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze. Woke means you lose. Everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has."
-- Trump

So you have to know it's not worth a moment's thought.

nope Trump was late to the game

people didn't like the woke in sports long before Trump came along

Trump simply added his voice to chorus when it began getting overly in our face

Edited by Yzermandius19

32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just another opinion, agree with it or don't.  It's not a threat or anything.

not just another opinion

it is a crazy cult that is obsessed with injecting itself into every aspect of life and to make every discussion about them and their evil ideology

you can't even watch sports these days without encountering woke

the woke demand their own safe spaces yet refuse to allow any safe spaces free of the woke

the woke actively infiltrate any institution who doesn't focus their attention on their cause to make sure you can't be free of being subjected to their bullshit, even if you want to

they will not stop, even if everything and everyone became uber woke, that wouldn't even be woke enough for them, and the woke purity spiral witch hunts would continue

they are a threat, a threat to all of western civilization, in fact

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. it is a crazy cult that is obsessed with injecting itself into every aspect of life and to make every discussion about them and their evil ideology

2. you can't even watch sports these days without encountering woke

3. the woke demand their own safe spaces yet refuse to allow any safe spaces free of the woke

4. the woke actively infiltrate any institution who doesn't focus their attention on their cause to make sure you can't be free of being subjected to their bullshit even if you want to

1. Ok, well debate them then.  Do you believe in free speech or not ?
2. Then don't watch it.  
3. You can create your own safe space and keep them out.  Do you want to be with them or not ?
4. Again, it's free speech.  If people are buying into it en masse then, I don't know, I guess it sucks to be you.  There's a thing called the Zeitgeist and it changes and you have to live with it.  Believe me, it's happened to me many times.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok, well debate them then.  Do you believe in free speech or not ?
2. Then don't watch it.  
3. You can create your own safe space and keep them out.  Do you want to be with them or not ?
4. Again, it's free speech.  If people are buying into it en masse then, I don't know, I guess it sucks to be you.  There's a thing called the Zeitgeist and it changes and you have to live with it.  Believe me, it's happened to me many times.

1)they won't debate anyone who isn't woke enough, they refuse to allow any platform for them to do so,  they won't even allow you a platform to critique them and it will be shut down as hate speech, sooner or later, if they get their way

2)I don't, except hockey, but that won't last long at this rate

3)I don't want to be with them and I can't create my own space without them trying to destroy it

their safe spaces must be protected, all non-woke safe spaces must be deplatformed and ostracized from society

4)they are against free speech, the only free speech they are for is free speech that is woke, everyone else must be cancelled

they think free speech is them monopolizing the conversation and any other speech is hate speech that must be banned

Edited by Yzermandius19

the woke are the biggest opponents of free speech and the biggest threat to it

siding with them against their critics puts you on the anti-free speech side

siding against the woke is not anti-free speech

stop being a useful idiot for these woke morons by claiming otherwise

if you really are pro-free speech, then you should be attacking the woke, not defending the most ardent anti-free speech crowd in all of western civilization

Edited by Yzermandius19

27 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1)they won't debate anyone who isn't woke enough, they refuse to allow any platform for them to do so,  they won't even allow you a platform to critique them and it will be shut down as hate speech, sooner or later, if they get their way

3)I don't want to be with them and I can't create my own space without them trying to destroy it

their safe spaces must be protected, all non-woke safe spaces must be deplatformed and ostracized from society

4)they are against free speech, the only free speech they are for is free speech that is woke, everyone else must be cancelled

they think free speech is them monopolizing the conversation and any other speech is hate speech that must be banned

I mean... yeah

23 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the woke are the biggest opponents of free speech and the biggest threat to it

siding with them against their critics puts you on the anti-free speech side

siding against the woke is not anti-free speech

stop being a useful idiot for these woke morons by claiming otherwise

if you really are pro-free speech, then you should be attacking the woke, not defending the most ardent anti-free speech crowd in all of western civilization

I concur. Watching a bit of the Olympics, though not a huge fan. I like certain sports. It’s great to see young people dedicated to their sport, however most of them are born entitled. From all nations mind you...

Thankfully I haven’t seen a lot of wokeness shew itself yet. Otherwise, I won’t tolerate it. It’ll be back to watching “fishful thinking” for me. ;) 

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I concur. Watching a bit of the Olympics, though not a huge fan. I like certain sports. It’s great to see young people dedicated to their sport, however most of them are born entitled. From all nations mind you...

Thankfully I haven’t seen a lot of wokeness shew itself yet. Otherwise, I won’t tolerate it. It’ll be back to watching “fishful thinking” for me. ;) 

you must not be watching the commercials or listening to the sports media then

because it's pretty much 24/7 wokelympics on that front

also many of the athletes and commentators are virtue signalling their wokeness during the events

the 2020 Summer Olympics are easily the wokest sporting event ever

Edited by Yzermandius19

36 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

5) they think free speech is them monopolizing the conversation and any other speech is hate speech that must be banned

1) I think you're making a caricature to criticize here.  I have seen people debate and criticize wokeness just fine.  As with any large body of thought, there is a spectrum.
2) Ok, problem solved.
3) I don't think they can destroy your space, but ok.
4) They complain about Don Cherry - and he gets fired.  You complain about wokeness and nothing happens.  To me, it's all complaining and some of it succeeds and some doesn't.  Yell louder, I guess.
5) You are against illiberalism, which is entirely valid and I support that.

35 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That's akin to saying anybody who votes for Trump is a racist.  It's not so.  

Individual acts and statements are worthy of analysis, criticism, rebuke and censure.  People are redeemable, to the end.  

Centrism will win in the end, because people are, for the most part, able to live in a society with people who don't share their moral perspective 100% as long as the core moral tenets adopted in the law are satisfactory to them.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I think you're making a caricature to criticize here.  I have seen people debate and criticize wokeness just fine.  As with any large body of thought, there is a spectrum.

some of the useful idiots will debate

none of the true believers

it's not a caricature

the woke thought leaders see debate as merely another way to keep the white supremacist patriarchy in power

they are literally anti-reason, reason is simply a tool of the oppressors, they say this openly and unironically

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Individual acts and statements are worthy of analysis, criticism, rebuke and censure.  People are redeemable, to the end

the woke don't believe in redemption, they judge individuals on their group identity and assign collective guilt to that group accordingly

individuals are to be judged by the color of the skin and not the content of their character, MLK is the epitome of racism according to woke, judging people on their actions and not their group identity is a tool of the oppressors to hold back.the oppressed

the woke will not tolerate centrism, centrists who side with them, side with them at their own peril

guess you never got the meno

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. some of the useful idiots will debate, none of the true believers

2. the woke thought leaders see debate as merely another way to keep the white supremacist patriarchy in power

1. So... you are either a true believer or a useful idiot ?  ?

2. Who are you referring to ?

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

3. the woke don't believe in redemption, they judge individuals on their group identity and assign collective guilt to that group accordingly

4. individuals are to be judged by the color of the skin and not the content of their character, MLK is the epitome of racism according to woke, judging people on their actions and not their group identity is a tool of the oppressors to hold back.the oppressed

5. the woke will not tolerate centrism, centrists who side with them, side with them at their own peril

6. guess you never got the meno

3. 4. 5. Bogeymanism
6. Prefer womeno, but ... no.  

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

7. all the values that centrists hold in high regard, are on the woke hit list, branded as hate speech that must be cancelled

7. I still think it's just an idea.  You sound quite unhinged on this topic, but I'm interested in your points as you seem pretty smart.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It's like that time when they all up and left here to make their own forum. Then they made it an exclusive club, where they go to "debate". I have no idea what they debate about. I was banned from there less than a minute after I created an account.

Gone in 60 seconds. That is leftisms answer to people like me. Then they come in here and tell me I am the bad man. Then back to their site for comfort and reinforcement. That's how it works at universities, you see. They are the breeding grounds of this. And if you want to know where they actually have the most systemic racism, endemic, epidemic, pandemic even, it's in these antiquated institutions with academics who've barely lifted a finger themselves ever in their lives. You want to talk about a good old boys club? My laws, yes.

• Haha 1

But hey, to steer this excellent topic back on course, women's football, yes. I'm ok with it. Better looking asses, for one.

These ladies are really Canada's pride, imo because they did it within a bigoted and misogynist country such as Canada. Not to take anything away from their victory, no way. Best penalty kickers in the tourney.

And financially it's a challenge for women's sports, since they don't get as much interest TV time there is less funding to develop a great team. I am not advocating that they should be given a handout because they are women. Just a little bitter that the women's hockey league in Canada was shut down due to lack of interest by their financial backers to support it anymore. But hey as long as Justin can get his hair done at a fancy salon in Paris, this seems fine. He is more important than others, after all.

;)

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So... you are either a true believer or a useful idiot ?  ?

2. Who are you referring to ?

3. 4. 5. Bogeymanism
6. Prefer womeno, but ... no.  

7. I still think it's just an idea. You sound quite unhinged on this topic, but I'm interested in your points as you seem pretty smart.

not a boogeyman, it is real, they attack critical thinking as simply perpetuating the existing racist power structure

Alison Bailey invokes explicitly that in the neo-Marxist “critical” tradition, which is not to be mistaken for the “critical thinking” tradition of the Western canon, critical thinking itself and that which is seen to produce and legitimize it are part of the “master’s tools” that black feminist Audre Lorde wrote “will never dismantle the master’s house.”

here is the quote

The critical-thinking tradition is concerned primarily with epistemic adequacy. To be critical is to show good judgment in recognizing when arguments are faulty, assertions lack evidence, truth claims appeal to unreliable sources, or concepts are sloppily crafted and applied. For critical thinkers, the problem is that people fail to “examine the assumptions, commitments, and logic of daily life… the basic problem is irrational, illogical, and unexamined living.” In this tradition sloppy claims can be identified and fixed by learning to apply the tools of formal and informal logic correctly.

Critical pedagogy begins from a different set of assumptions rooted in the neo-Marxian literature on critical theory commonly associated with the Frankfurt School. Here, the critical learner is someone who is empowered and motivated to seek justice and emancipation. Critical pedagogy regards the claims that students make in response to social-justice issues not as propositions to be assessed for their truth value, but as expressions of power that function to re-inscribe and perpetuate social inequalities. Its mission is to teach students ways of identifying and mapping how power shapes our understandings of the world. This is the first step toward resisting and transforming social injustices.  By interrogating the politics of knowledge-production, this tradition also calls into question the uses of the accepted critical-thinking toolkit to determine epistemic adequacy. To extend Audre Lorde’s classic metaphor, the tools of the critical-thinking tradition (for example, validity, soundness, conceptual clarity) cannot dismantle the master’s house: they can temporarily beat the master at his own game, but they can never bring about any enduring structural change. They fail because the critical thinker’s toolkit is commonly invoked in particular settings, at particular times to reassert power: those adept with the tools often use them to restore an order that assures their comfort. They can be habitually invoked to defend our epistemic home terrains. (pp. 881–882)

they openly admit their ideology can't win in a debate , so they attack critical thinking itself to undermine all debate that could call into question their ridiculous ideology and it's preposterous underlying assumptions

notice also the open admission that their ideology is inherently Marxian, derived from the Frankfurt School

hence why many use cultural marxism as another term for the woke and why many refer to the woke as communists, because they are, openly so, in fact

many of the woke don't even know they are stealing their ideology from the likes of Hegel, Marx, Gramsci and Marcuse, etc

but they very obviously are, it is not just some new idea that came along because of concern for minorities that is totally harmless, many have just been duped into thinking it is by grifters and/or useful idiots with good intentions who don't know what they are talking about

the true believers who realize where the ideology comes from will often openly admit to it's origins, but the sheep who just go along with the woke remain oblivious to this or don't believe them when they openly admit to it

Edited by Yzermandius19

Actually, what they won was the women’s penalty kick gold. They failed to score in actual live play in regulation where their only goal was on a penalty kick. Then they prevailed in penalty kicks to decide it.

In actual live play of the game of soccer, Sweden prevailed 1-0. This is one of so many reasons I can never take soccer seriously, not unlike the shoot out in regular season hockey. Play the game until there’s a winner, just like the NHL during playoffs.

Soccer is a girls school yard recess pastime. ? *ducks*