Do you believe that Jesus really existed ?

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

No, that's wrong.  You can believe you know, but you can't know.  That's what faith is. 

I support your right to your views though, if it gets you through the day.

Anyway, if you get back to me with "Oh yes I can", I'll leave it there.

You have no idea what faith is at this level. Faith is what gets Christians through the hell that is leftism. If we don't have faith, then we get shit holes like Tenderloin, San Francisco. 

Jesus Christ exists. The proof may not be in the way you want it, but it's out there. 

Edited by Deluge
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

I do not know if anyone can answer your open question.

Let me introduce a term that might help.

Best possible moral and ethical end.

That, it seems to me is the only applicable term.

Note how, in the case of Jesus returning, a best end to that would be his curing all the ill, but Christians are wishing his return to be another genocide of the so called evil masses.

The inquisition against the LGBTQ+ women never stopped.

Regards

DL

Jesus can't cure free will. If someone loves sin and despises God, then they will enjoy a quick departure from earth when Jesus returns. 

There's nothing wrong with clearing out the weeds. 

Best, 

Deluge

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Deluge said:

You have no idea what faith is at this level. Faith is what gets Christians through the hell that is leftism. If we don't have faith, then we get shit holes like Tenderloin, San Francisco. 

Jesus Christ exists. The proof may not be in the way you want it, but it's out there. 

Okay, I believe you believe that.  Of course, if the Jesus of the New Testament really existed, he would have been a lefty.

He probably wouldn't like you.  But I'm sure he would forgive you.

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Okay, I believe you believe that.  Of course, if the Jesus of the New Testament really existed, he would have been a lefty.

He probably wouldn't like you.  But I'm sure he would forgive you.

That's a lie. Leftists wear vagina hats and want to slaughter unborn humans.  

The Jesus of the New Testament is a proponent of life, not death. 

Edited by Deluge

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

I'm no biblical scholar, far from it, but growing up a Roman Catholic and being taught by nuns with sticks, some things remain.  I do remember Jesus being supportive of the poor and the weak, and of socialized medicine and the welfare state.  I remember him being opposed to rampant capitalism.  He sure sounds like a lefty to me.

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm no biblical scholar, far from it, but growing up a Roman Catholic and being taught by nuns with sticks, some things remain.  I do remember Jesus being supportive of the poor and the weak, and of socialized medicine and the welfare state.  I remember him being opposed to rampant capitalism.  He sure sounds like a lefty to me.

The Jesus of the New Testament didn't slam his jackboot on people's necks and take their money. That's what governments do, and some governments are more oppressive than others. 

The New Testament Jesus wants us to be obedient to His commandments; He wants us to feed the hungry and clothe the naked, but he also wants us to excel in life; he wants us to help ourselves first, so that we will be in a position to help others. 

Edited by Deluge

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

The Jesus of the New Testament didn't slam his jackboot on people's necks and take their money. That's what governments do, and some governments are more oppressive than others. 

The New Testament Jesus wants us to be obedient to His commandments; He wants us to feed the hungry and clothe the naked, but he also wants us to excel in life; he wants us to help ourselves first, so that we will be in a position to help others. 

Good, that makes him opposed to fascism and crime.  So am I. 

I'm still sure the rest makes him a lefty.  I have to admit though, I don't remember the help yourself first bit. Could have been one of the times I was sent to the Headmaster for insisting there were such things as dinosaurs.

That said, if one is to do that in order to help others, lefty again, eh?

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Good, that makes him opposed to fascism and crime.  So am I. 

I'm still sure the rest makes him a lefty.  I have to admit though, I don't remember the help yourself first bit. Could have been one of the times I was sent to the Headmaster for insisting there were such things as dinosaurs.

That said, if one is to do that in order to help others, lefty again, eh?

Leftism is the jackboot on everyone's necks, and that has nothing to do with Christ. 

Jesus wants us to be free, not subject to bullshit leftist ideologies. 

Just now, Deluge said:

Leftism is the jackboot on everyone's necks, and that has nothing to do with Christ. 

Jesus wants us to be free, not subject to bullshit leftist ideologies. 

No, I have to say you're quite wrong there.  Reaching, in fact.

It's a shame your God has political leanings that you don't share, but there it is.

I'm sure you'll still go to Heaven.

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Jesus Christ exists.

That is a lie, but you do not care about lying just as you do not care about what Jesus taught about who dies for whose sins.

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None
of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.

How are your morals?

Regards
DL

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Jesus can't cure free will. If someone loves sin and despises God, then they will enjoy a quick departure from earth when Jesus returns. 

There's nothing wrong with clearing out the weeds. 

Best, 

Deluge

Now you limit God and Jesus while saying he cannot do something.

But on despising God ---- Would you love him if he created your souls as defective as you think he created those you describe that loves sin?

If not, why should they?

On those weeds, read what Jesus said on those. You are doing the opposite of his teachings, again.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Yes. Study God's scriptures and then open communication with Him. 

Best, 

Deluge

God talked back to you did he?

Having experienced apotheosis, I can state that it is the only way to know you have found something new.

My seeking found what people call God.

That experience is personal and I have absolutely no way to prove this.

The God I found was natural and where our spiritual side might visit.

I do not posit an entity that is immortal. Just see it as an extension of the substance or material dualism thinking that most of us have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqYHiejTVM

Regards
DL

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

You have just shown how much of a fool and a liar you are.

Nice example of as Christian.

You do the atheists work of discrediting yourself for them.

I am not an atheist, but I have to say, you are far from an honest Christian.

Regards

DL

57 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Jesus wants us to be obedient to His commandments

Jesus said to treat others in a loving way and as one would want to be treated.

Christians think LGBTQ+ and women want to feel oppressed and discriminated against without a just cause.

That is how Christians apply the Golden Rule. With hate instead of love.

Regards

DL

6 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

God talked back to you did he?

Having experienced apotheosis, I can state that it is the only way to know you have found something new.

My seeking found what people call God.

That experience is personal and I have absolutely no way to prove this.

The God I found was natural and where our spiritual side might visit.

I do not posit an entity that is immortal. Just see it as an extension of the substance or material dualism thinking that most of us have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqYHiejTVM

Regards
DL

Yes. 

And He'd speak to you too if you'd lose the lab coat and check your ego at the front door. 

He'd help you understand how much you don't know, but not make you feel like a useless worm, in the process. 

There's only one God, and that's the God of Abraham. 

If you want to know more about the true and living God, then the KJV of the Bible is a good place to start. 

Best, 

Deluge

9 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

You have just shown how much of a fool and a liar you are.

Nice example of as Christian.

You do the atheists work of discrediting yourself for them.

I am not an atheist, but I have to say, you are far from an honest Christian.

Regards

DL

Point out where I lied.

Best, 

Deluge

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Jesus said to treat others in a loving way and as one would want to be treated.

Christians think LGBTQ+ and women want to feel oppressed and discriminated against without a just cause.

That is how Christians apply the Golden Rule. With hate instead of love.

Regards

DL

Jesus commands us to love one another. 

What he doesn't command is to help facilitate the LGBTQ+ agenda which leads one AWAY from Jesus, not TO him. 

You've got bad Christians mixed up with good Christians. This is what is known as a blanketing statement and it's childish in its application. 

Best, 

Deluge

36 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

That is a lie, but you do not care about lying just as you do not care about what Jesus taught about who dies for whose sins.

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None
of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.

How are your morals?

Regards
DL

You know even less now than when we started. How can this be?

Prove that God DOESN'T exist. 

Edited by Deluge

32 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Now you limit God and Jesus while saying he cannot do something.

But on despising God ---- Would you love him if he created your souls as defective as you think he created those you describe that loves sin?

If not, why should they?

On those weeds, read what Jesus said on those. You are doing the opposite of his teachings, again.

Regards

DL

No, YOU limit God. You do this because it's the only way your precious ego can get a handle on Him. 

We all sin; the question is, what do we do about it? If you love sin, then naturally you have no place with God. If you despise sin and keep God's commandments then you will be with Him. It's really quite simple. 

Talk about what Jesus said about the weeds. 

Best, 

Deluge

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

No, I have to say you're quite wrong there.  Reaching, in fact.

It's a shame your God has political leanings that you don't share, but there it is.

I'm sure you'll still go to Heaven.

You say I'm wrong, but you don't have any examples to back that up. 

You're the one who's wrong, not me. 

9 minutes ago, Deluge said:

You say I'm wrong, but you don't have any examples to back that up. 

You're the one who's wrong, not me. 

I used many examples.  From an earlier post:

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I used many examples.  From an earlier post:

Though Jesus understands all languages, He NEVER embraced liberalese. Show me in the scriptures where he opposes capitalism and argues for socialized medicine and the welfare state. 

Edited by Deluge