Martin Exonerated

As much as a victory this is for all of us who said Martin shouldn't be held to blame for actions of those around him this still doesn't mean the Conservative Alliance will back down, why would they let a little thing like truth get in the way of their mad lust for power?

Scott,

Really, you were surprised? Some public works minister you are!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God for opinions! My take on all this mess is much in line with FTA lawyer. I thought that Martin could have gone a little further than he did in parliament yesterday re apologizing on behalf of the party. He was, as just about eveyone has pointed out, the Finance Minister at the time. If he didn't know what was going on, he should have.  The unmonitored scandalship program was fostered under Chretien, and allowed to flourish with corruption by a relatively small number of people. Some of the accused were close to Chretien, but the vast majority of Liberal MPs do not deserve to be linked with this scandal. The problem, IMV, wasn't the sponorship program; the lack of safeguards and direction was the problem.

newbie,

This is by far, the most productive and honest thing you have posted here and for once I agree with you. Keep it up, it looks very good on you!!!

Keep wishin pal I know it's your dream to be able to support a real party but instead your stuck with the Conservative Reformed Alliance Party, (C.R.A.P.)

What's the matter? Feel stupid after basically proving how ignorant you are? Can't come up with a good line after you humiliated yourself? Next time you make a reference to something try learning about it first. Heh, no wonder the Extremist Muslims hate the West.

Quit being such an insufferable a**hole and use the real name of the party. F*ckwit.

Hahahahaha yeah I'll get right on that, cuz I'm sure if the Liberals changed their names and exactly 0 of their policies you guys wouldn't be on that like a dog on a three legged cat.

As much as a victory this is for all of us who said Martin shouldn't be held to blame for actions of those around him this still doesn't mean the Conservative Alliance will back down, why would they let a little thing like truth get in the way of their mad lust for power?

Scott,

Really, you were surprised? Some public works minister you are!!!

First of all: Yeah I'm the real Scott Brison, cuz I would be caught dead talking to Conservative hacks on a message board......

Secondly: It's "Public Works and Government Services"

Anyone with a shred of intelligence can see, regardless of who is right or wrong, that Scott's little outburst makes him look like an infant who lost its soother.

Scott's objective has always been to drag any discussion that criticizes his idols off-topic with flaming and trolling.

Refering to the Conservatives as C.R.A.P., or the Fascists, as Scott has done in recent days, are against board policy under the same policy that bans "Fiberals" and "Libranos", so I assume Scott will be taking a vacation from the board shortly.

I admire Greg's restraint; if it were my board I'd have banned Scott already. His continual efforts to provoke confrontation, and lack of any redeeming qualities, make him not worth the effort. Really, he's just CAGERATTLER/THELIBERAL with better spelling and grammar.

-k

Martin made a big deal in his speech about how he's hired more auditors and put in place a lot more monitoring by more independant auditing boards which will report to Parliament so there's no way money can be flung around like this again.

Yet he has steadfastly resisted all efforts to open up the "foundations" he has dumped billions and billions of dollars into. He set them up to be immune to the Access to Information Act - for no justifiable reason, and exempted from oversight or auditing by the Auditor General. And the AG has complained bitterly about them ever since. Despite making some grudging noises over the past two years about changing that he continues to keep them in complete privacy. And each one is run by Liberal patronage appointees.

Among the trusts are the following:

canada millenium scholarship foundation

Canada Foundation for Innovation

Foundation for Sustainable Development Technology

Genome Canada

Canada Health Infoway

Aboriginal Healing Foundation

Green Municipal Investment Fund

Canadian Health Services Research Foundation

Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation

Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences

Forum of Federations

Pacific Salmon Endowment Fund Society

Canadian Institute for Research on Linguistic Minorities

This is extremely interesting. In light of Martin's newfound enthusiasm for openness and transparency, perhaps there should be some public discussion of this.

edit: some information...

Auditor General on "foundations".

edit 2: more...

Office of the Auditor General: Auditor General vs government on accountability of foundations

-k

Scott's objective has always been to drag any discussion that criticizes his idols off-topic with flaming and trolling.
No, Scott's objective has been to tell the truth as he sees it (I love talking in 3rd person), Hell when I came here as I recall even you were starting to see the light on how screwed the Conservative party was. (If I remember it was in the wake of Belindagate) But then you fell back in to the abyss. So close to enlightenment......
Refering to the Conservatives as C.R.A.P., or the Fascists, as Scott has done in recent days, are against board policy under the same policy that bans "Fiberals" and "Libranos", so I assume Scott will be taking a vacation from the board shortly.
I haven't been around for a while so I missed out on that converstation, I honestly had no idea these accords had been reached. Oh and in your post just cut to the chase and replace the word "assume" with the words "desperatly hope"
I admire Greg's restraint; if it were my board I'd have banned Scott already.
The difference is, you would have banned me as soon as you found out I was a Liberal supporter.

• 2 weeks later...

k,

I had pretty intimate knowledge about one of the above named organizations. Waaaaaaay back right at the start of Adscam (three years ago mebbe) I spoke to a national writer for one of the big papers about untendered contracts at the organization. Alas the way these organizations are set up they "conveniently" aren't covered by the access to information act.

This is extremely interesting.  In light of Martin's newfound enthusiasm for openness and transparency, perhaps there should be some public discussion of this.