Do You Support the Distruction of the Amazon For Profit?

Guest ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative

So I want to talk about something other than Climate Change, because like most conservatives, I'm sick and tired about Climate Change. Here's one of my biggest concerns. We're wiping out millions of years of evolution, so mankind can expand into more areas. Once the land is gone, it could take at least 10 million years for new species to evolve.

Science sujest that the Amazon rainforest is very fragile. Once you start clearing land, there is less evaporation, and percipitation levels will fall. In otherwords, if you clear the Amazon, you begin the perminant desertfication cycle.

What do you think is driving deforestation, and what can the world due to stop it?

Edited by ProudConservative

10 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

...like most conservatives,  I'm sick and tired about Climate Change.

Anyone else sick and tired of sick and tired conservatives?

What do you think is driving deforestation, and what can the world due to stop it?

A far-right populist conservative by the name of Jair Bolsonaro is driving much of it at the moment, the only thing the world can do about it is marginalize and hopefully eliminate conservatism - especially the sick and tired kind.

Many forests are cleared to make way for palm oil plantations. Palm oil is the most commonly produced vegetable oil and is found in half of all supermarket products. It's cheap, versatile and can be added to both food and personal products like lipsticks and shampoo. Its popularity has spurred people to clear tropical forests to grow more palm trees. Growing the trees that produce the oil requires the leveling of native forest and the destruction of local peatlands — which doubles the harmful effect on the ecosystem. According to a report published by Zion Market Research, the global palm oil market was valued at $65.73 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $92.84 billion in 2021. 

Of course there are many, many more reasons, but I found this one interesting.  

23 hours ago, eyeball said:

A far-right populist conservative by the name of Jair Bolsonaro is driving much of it at the moment, the only thing the world can do about it is marginalize and hopefully eliminate conservatism - especially the sick and tired kind.

You are a bigot.

bigot:  noun.  - a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

As proven by the OP, clearly not all conservatives are are in favour of destruction of the rain forest.
Edited by Moonlight Graham

20 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It's not ethical to destroy the rainforest and millions of years of evolutionary processes for the short-term advantage of a handful of human generations.

It certainly isn't, but given everything else we've managed to lose, I don't see how it is avoidable.  I suppose rich countries could buy bits of it, but who would guard them?

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You are a bigot.

Note I mostly criticized being sick and tired.

As proven by the OP, clearly not all conservatives are are in favour of destruction of the rain forest.

I only cited one and his conservatism is clearly a strong part of what is motivating him to favour destruction.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, ProudConservative said:

So I want to talk about something other than Climate Change, because like most conservatives, I'm sick and tired about Climate Change. Here's one of my biggest concerns. We're wiping out millions of years of evolution, so mankind can expand into more areas. Once the land is gone, it could take at least 10 million years for new species to evolve.

Science sujest that the Amazon rainforest is very fragile. Once you start clearing land, there is less evaporation, and percipitation levels will fall. In otherwords, if you clear the Amazon, you begin the perminant desertfication cycle.

Corrupt politicians in Brazil who don't give rat's ass about anything but their immediate needs. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, eyeball said:

I am sick and tired of leftists labelling anyone they think is wrong as a conservative. Bingo.

3 hours ago, Rue said:

I am sick and tired of leftists labelling anyone they think is wrong as a conservative. Bingo.

I did not label just anyone and in fact pointed more at the state of weary illness often put on display in these sorts of threads. Also note the stench of virtue signalling amongst the usual suspects wringing their hands over lost species, it reminds me of the newfound concern for homosexuals that Islamophobes often  voice these days.

In any case you've been using the word lefty as an epithet for decades, if you can't take what you dish up what are you doing in the kitchen?

Guest ProudConservative
3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Countless plant and animal species (certainly thousands, perhaps millions) will be destroyed in these fires before we even identify them. There are those who are bothered by such wanton vandalism and those who are not. 

I think if liberals actually cared about real issues, instead of Gender Dysphoria, than maybe they would get a little more respect.

Edited by ProudConservative

1 hour ago, ProudConservative said:

I think if liberals actually cared about real issues, instead of Gender Dysphoria, than maybe they would get a little more respect.

Is this guy a liberal who cares only about gender dysphoria?

Paleontologists estimate that before the global spread of humankind the average rate of species extinction was one species per million in each one- to 10-million-year interval. Human activity has driven up the average global rate of extinction to 100 to 1,000 times that baseline rate. What ensues is a tragedy upon a tragedy: Most species still alive will disappear without ever having been recorded. To minimize this catastrophe, we must focus on which areas on land and in the sea collectively harbor the most species.

https://eowilsonfoundation.org/the-8-million-species-we-dont-know/

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, eyeball said:

I did not label just anyone and in fact pointed more at the state of weary illness often put on display in these sorts of threads. Also note the stench of virtue signalling amongst the usual suspects wringing their hands over lost species, it reminds me of the newfound concern for homosexuals that Islamophobes often  voice these days.

In any case you've been using the word lefty as an epithet for decades, if you can't take what you dish up what are you doing in the kitchen?

I call everyone on this board names. You are a pinko. I am as you know a Zionist, Hollywood movie producing, banker, illuminati, sex brothel owning, stand up comedian dentist.

The difference between us is I do it for laughts not seriously as you do. I never met anyone who was left or right, just a mix of both and equally as smelly when they express themselves.

That is the point. Everyone who expresses themselves leaves an odour. All of us.  That is why we should always have windows that open and your labelling  anyone you disagree with as a conservative like pointing the finger at someone else in a crowded elevator. Please. We know it was you.

The point made to you is that corrupt stupid shot sighted governments are not necessarily conservative nor do all of us support killing Koala bears. Deal with that and don't try argue back your stereotype is o.k. because others are equally as wrong as you in stereotyping.

Back to the issue, you know what the problem is. We have in Brazil as is the case in most countries, a power elite that control the government's policies and the power elite in Brazil want the forests burned down for farms. They won't have farms. The soil is not thick enough ones trees are burned down for farms. They are going the way of Haitii and Africa and everywhere else man made environmental disasters have been created. The same thing has been going on in Indonesia for 100 years.

Che Guevera did not stop it and neither will you. To stop it will require more than guilt ridden leftists blaming conservatives.

Edited by Rue