Decisive Contribution to Victory in WW2

13 minutes ago, mazerunner said:

So how would you describe Hitler, I`m afraid to ask?.. The man whose name is a synonym for cruelty and genocide

He is sitting right next to Stalin stooging the fire in hell as well.......history has already judged these men, and there is nothing good about either of them....and if you want to say other wise then expect someone to call you out...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mazerunner said:

So if we consider heaven and hell from your point of view, then we will all burn in hell or what? We smoke, drink, having sex before the marriage, swear, envy and so on

A you fu***ing kidding me, my point of view....they guy ordered the slaughter of more than 20 million people and you are judging my point of view....were not talking about a few swear words, or banging the next door neighbor, we are talking about 20,000,000 million people , men, women and children..... 

I do have a few things that I will have to answer for,  but nothing on the scale of some of the worlds worse mass murders, pol pot, Stalin, Hilter, etc etc....

11 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm actually a great admirer of the Soviet Union during WW2. But, I have much admiration for most of the Allies....and even some of the Axis. All for reasons not related to anything other than military history.

The Soviet Union sacrificed more than any other with perhaps the exception of Poland...at least as a percentage of the general population. But, Germany is up there, too: re casualties. Not every German was a Nazi...but all were bombed to dust just the same.

Yes, Germany is in the 2nd place in the number of deaths during the war, but I think they deserved it. Of course, the living standards of today's Germany and Russia cannot be compared, but does this not mean that those losses were one of the reasons why Russia is so bad right now?

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

A you fu***ing kidding me, my point of view....they guy ordered the slaughter of more than 20 million people and you are judging my point of view....were not talking about a few swear words, or banging the next door neighbor, we are talking about 20,000,000 million people , men, women and children..... 

I do have a few things that I will have to answer for,  but nothing on the scale of some of the worlds worse mass murders, pol pot, Stalin, Hilter, etc etc....

No kidding man. Every normal person reacts sharply to the words "burn in hell"

• 9 months later...

Basically, the Russians, supplied by the US, did the fighting in WWII. No other country wanted to join them in facing the Wehrmacht while it was still a formidable fighting force. To this end, Churchill was constantly looking for another Gallipoli in Europe's underbelly and the Allied invasion of France only occurred when German resistance was crumbling in the East. The Western Front gets way too much attention in the anglophone media because American forces were involved. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland