On the use of violence against those peacefully expressing views with which one disagrees.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

The Queen's Peace can impose upon far more than that, anything that violates the Queen's Peace can be silenced in Canada, it's an Iron Curtain against American Freedom, since 1812

If the Queen won't come by and stop the next door neighbour playing country music on Canada Day, she can shove her peace.

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If the Queen won't come by and stop the next door neighbour playing country music on Canada Day, she can shove her peace.

The Queen will come and stop me from playing my country music if my neighbor requests it, we have a strict 24 hr noise by law here, but my neighbors love me and I love them, so we don't rat each other out to the wo-man.

Yeehaw, crank it, cousins.

Edited by Dougie93

See, I don't chafe against the Queen's Peace, I am a freedom lover, but there can be no freedom without hard men prepared to do violence on your behalf standing on the walls of the burg, and those men must be loyal to their oaths, they sacrifice their freedom, to take personal responsibility for the body politic, as agnostic servants of the Crown, so rabble rouser as I may be against the corruption of the Post National State Fake Country Potemkin Village, when push comes to shove, I don't buck my chain of command.

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No one suggested jailing for that. Nonetheless speech is powerful, and your ideas about letting expression run wild  and free have been refuted with examples by me and others. Absolutes cannot stand.

Speech is powerful, which is why it is protected as a constitutional right in the United States.     Your examples do not win the day before the U.S. Supreme Court.

21 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Your examples do not win the day before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Up until now, but things may need to change in the near future. Fake news has become an ever more important issue, with some countries passing laws to ban to criminalize it. I don't know to what extent these laws go. In the U.S., many states have enacted laws against bullying and harassment, including cyber-bullying. 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Up until now, but things may need to change in the near future. Fake news has become an ever more important issue, with some countries passing laws to ban to criminalize it. I don't know to what extent these laws go. In the U.S., many states have enacted laws against bullying and harassment, including cyber-bullying. 

Things won't change, the SCOTUS conservative majority is locked in, they will strike down criminalization of free speech because bullying. Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

Edited by Yzermandius19

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Things won't change, the SCOTUS conservative majority is locked in, they will strike down criminalization of free speech because bullying. Wishful thinking is a helluva drug.

What wishful thinking? Those laws I described are already passed.

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What wishful thinking? Those laws I described are already passed.

They will be struck down by the SCOTUS. 5-4 conservative majority, means that sh*t is dead in the water. You can pass all the free speech hating laws you want, it won't go anywhere.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

They will be struck down by the SCOTUS. 5-4 conservative majority, means that sh*t is dead in the water. You can pass all the free speech hating laws you want, it won't go anywhere.

Nice revision.

Speaking of wishful thinking, let us know when they get around to it.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Nice revision.

Speaking of wishful thinking, let us know when they get around to it.

They'll get around to it when it works it's way through the courts, the same as they always do. It not being struck down immediately is not a sign it won't be struck down, you just wish it was.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

They'll get around to it when it works it's way through the courts, the same as they always do. It not being struck down immediately is not a sign it won't be struck down.

Add Amy Coney Barrett and they can go after anything, they will go after the leftist holy grail of abortion itself, cue the shrieking

Edited by Dougie93

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Add Amy Coney Barrett and they can go after anything, they will go after the leftist holy grail of abortion itself, cue the shrieking

Abortion shouldn't a federal issue anyway, 10th amendment says that's an issue that should be left to the states.

Bring on the shrieking, Roe v. Wade is a garbage decision. Not that I care that much one way or the other, 6-3 is more useful when it comes to other issues, triggering lefties on abortion is simply icing on the cake.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Abortion shouldn't a federal issue anyway, 10th amendment says that's a states rights thing. Bring on the shrieking, Roe v. Wade is a garbage decision.

At 6-3 the Gorsuch Court will be overthrowing all sorts of garbage, speech and guns have been secured, but if they don't have to rely on Roberts,  I think the conservatives will be activist in overthrowing decades of activism.   The rule of the New Dealers is finally coming to an end.