Climate Cultists

scribblet

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I've been learning to play the fiddle. Maybe you can join in for a chorus or two?

I played the guitar, but a finger injury has taken that particular avenue of stress relief and enjoyment away from me.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All that's left is hoping for miracles. Pray to Jesus. Pray for at least once in your life, you miserable blighter.

I prayed until I was in my teens.  I can remember being quite serious about it too.  I imagine praying for a climate change miracle will have about the same results as praying that Beverly xxxxx would notice me and like me did.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I prayed until I was in my teens.  I can remember being quite serious about it too.  I imagine praying for a climate change miracle will have about the same results as praying that Beverly xxxxx would notice me and like me did.

Well at least its something to do. We should at least have a contingency plan. I mean, if it were the end of the world and we had like half an hour, what would you suggest we do?

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Well at least its something to do. We should at least have a contingency plan. I mean, if it were the end of the world and we had like half an hour, what would you suggest we do?

I'd take a nap.

Is Greta Thunberg being manipulated, and, considering her health issues, is it a form of child abuse?

“a well-intentioned but naive child being manipulated by energy giants and pushy celebrity parents — including a fame-hungry mum...”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9756307/greta-thunberg-climate-change-fears-parents/

and

Former US Senator Mike Huckabee in discussion with Dr. Patrick Moore where they talk about why Dr. Moore, founder of Greenpeace, left the organization and  discuss what is really happening with our climate and how CO2 is affecting the planet.  A 15 minute interview …. well worth the listen. 

Patrick Albert Moore (born June 15, 1947) is a Canadian industry consultant, former activist, and past president of Greenpeace Canada. Since leaving Greenpeace, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have to wonder what they are eating in Sweden - Soylent Green anyone

https://summit.news/2019/09/04/swedish-behavioral-scientist-suggests-eating-humans-to-save-the-planet/

A Swedish behavioral scientist has suggested that it may be necessary to turn to cannibalism and start eating humans in order to save the planet.

Appearing on Swedish television to talk about an event based around the “food of the future,” Magnus Söderlund said he would be holding seminars on the necessity of consuming human flesh in order to stop climate change.

12 hours ago, scribblet said:

Have to wonder what they are eating in Sweden - Soylent Green anyone

https://summit.news/2019/09/04/swedish-behavioral-scientist-suggests-eating-humans-to-save-the-planet/

A Swedish behavioral scientist has suggested that it may be necessary to turn to cannibalism and start eating humans in order to save the planet.

Appearing on Swedish television to talk about an event based around the “food of the future,” Magnus Söderlund said he would be holding seminars on the necessity of consuming human flesh in order to stop climate change.

Well, it would certainly help to reduce the population.  Especially if we loaded up the freezer.

I, of course, would only eat free range humans.

Edited by bcsapper

On 9/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, bcsapper said:

Well, it would certainly help to reduce the population.  Especially if we loaded up the freezer.

I, of course, would only eat free range humans.

Well, Bernie Sanders has a solution saying that he would support taxpayer-funded programs to provide abortions and birth control for women in developing countries as a measure to combat the climate crisis.   Yikes - what`s next eating babies... 

Petteri Taalas, the secretary-general of the WMO, told Talouselämä magazine that he called for a calm and rational approach to the climate debate, and disagreed with those who are promoting end-of-the-world scenarios.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chief-of-world-meteorological-organization-castigates-climate-alarmists_3073666.html

“Now we should stay calm and ponder what is really the solution to this problem,” Taalas told Talouselämä magazine. “It is not going to be the end of the world. The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe, living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

32 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Petteri Taalas, the secretary-general of the WMO, told Talouselämä magazine that he called for a calm and rational approach to the climate debate, and disagreed with those who are promoting end-of-the-world scenarios.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chief-of-world-meteorological-organization-castigates-climate-alarmists_3073666.html

“Now we should stay calm and ponder what is really the solution to this problem,” Taalas told Talouselämä magazine. “It is not going to be the end of the world. The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe, living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

Well, when he comes up with the solution to the problem I hope he fills us in.

As for people surviving in harsh conditions, that's only if they want to stay and give it a shot.  I wouldn't.

13 hours ago, scribblet said:

The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe, living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

And the longer climate change deniers fight mitigation because "someone over there is a worse offender" or because "it won't, by itself, solve the problem" or becsuse "3% of scientists disagree" or because "it's just a plot by government to steal our money" or because "it's a hoax by the Chinese", the harsher those conditions will be.  For many people, climate change will mean the "end of the world" as the land they lived in for millennia will become uninhabitable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scribblet said:

If the cultists achieve their radical goals**, people will starve and die as society collapses. 

If the "climate cultists" don't achieve their "radical goal", people will starve and die, and society will collapse.  Mitigating the effects offers the hope of reducing the overall death toll and reducing societal "collapse" to societal upheaval.

**radical goals = a few cents more at gas pumps, a little less meat on our plates, investment in green energy, gradual reduction on fossil fuel reliance.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Before you think that I’ve gone off my rocker, read to the very end….  

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from the Consulate at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and
 stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coast cities uninhabitable.

Oh, sorry ... I owe all you readers an apology ....

I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2 , 1922. It was reported by the AP and published in The  Washington Post 96 years ago.

... The 1922 panic must have been caused by all of the Model T Ford's exhausts ... or possibly horse and cattle farts?

• 1 month later...

So now we have someone saying we should bring in rationing and mandatory cutbacks on everything we consume.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-climate-crisis-is-like-a-world-war-so-lets-talk-about-rationing/

Some environmental activists and leaders suggest we should practise moderation, take the bus, eat veggie burgers. But voluntary measures just can’t deliver when the problem is this big and time is so short. That’s why it may be time for mandatory cutbacks on the kinds of consumption that threaten all of us.

It may be time for rationing.

I guess what they really want is for us all to self-immolate, in order to save the world.

Edited by scribblet

13 hours ago, scribblet said:

So now we have someone saying we should bring in rationing and mandatory cutbacks on everything we consume.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-climate-crisis-is-like-a-world-war-so-lets-talk-about-rationing/

Some environmental activists and leaders suggest we should practise moderation, take the bus, eat veggie burgers. But voluntary measures just can’t deliver when the problem is this big and time is so short. That’s why it may be time for mandatory cutbacks on the kinds of consumption that threaten all of us.

It may be time for rationing.

I guess what they really want is for us all to self-immolate, in order to save the world.

I suppose if we'd bothered ourselves to address what we've known for decades, we wouldn't be getting these increasingly dire scenarios of what we'll have to do or accept as a result of our inaction. 

But the seniors on this forum can afford to be dismissive, as its our children and grandchildren who will have to take action.  Perhaps the boomers will be remembered in history with even more contempt than Nazis.  At least Nazis only saw to the annihilation of a few million Jews; boomers are on track to assure the annihilation of billions.

Here go - Godwin's Law

Climatistas like to use the apocalypse as a propaganda tool, continuing dire warnings in order to keep control and keep in mind that most if not all apocalyptic predictions have been spectacularly wrong.  

The predicted massive shortages of natural resources and the end of economic growth which all seem to accept without question isn’t happening, they are still as plentiful  but getting more expensive because of useless taxes.   

Common sense is what we need and the recognition that virtually all greenhouse gas growth comes from China or India and other poorer countries.  Driving a Tesla or Prius isn’t going to change much of anything for the climate and most of the ‘green’ policies only hurt the lower income people.  What we should be doing is continuing to cut back on pollution, trash etc. while building to adapt to earth’s changes, which we cannot stop. 

This is from 2007 but still holds true

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/feb/07/climatehysteria

On 12/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, dialamah said:

But the seniors on this forum can afford to be dismissive, as its our children and grandchildren who will have to take action.  Perhaps the boomers will be remembered in history with even more contempt than Nazis.  At least Nazis only saw to the annihilation of a few million Jews; boomers are on track to assure the annihilation of billions.

They're already starting to face open contempt in many circles.

Baby boom politics has served that generation well, but others not so much.  The Laffler Curve idea from the Reagan era wasn't supposed to be used to hoard and deny young people the same privileges they had.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DACHSHUND

• paradox34 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • paradox34 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • phoenyx75 earned a badge
      First Post
    • paradox34 earned a badge