Climate Change and the Invasion of Canada

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

100,000 rally for action on climate change in Vancouver alone, and 6 million around the world.  

A lot of these people can't vote, yet, but they'll be able to soon.  Politicians need to start paying attention.

Given all that, it will be interesting to see the result in the upcoming election.  If people really think that action can do the trick, they will vote in a majority Green Party government.

It would be interesting to see what they would do, if the reins of power were thrust into their hands.  Ooops!

At least it would kill forever, for Canadians at least, the notion that climate change can be challenged by individual countries.

Edited by bcsapper

Environment Canada purposefully erased 100 years of historical weather readings and replaced it with “modeled historic data

Climate scientists Lewis & Curry found the IPCC models likely overestimated global warming by 30% to 45%.

Global warming predicted by UN IPCC climate models are “inconsistent” with observed temperature trends

https://t.co/tW8Z7dUwmC

No Climate Emergency say 500 Scientists to UN   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpVBH-HY5Ow

This is not to say we should keep on polluting and not work on new technology, we should and are,  but there is no 'climate emergency' Greta and her handlers are going too far, which turns people off in the long run.  

No loving parent scares their child this much and then puts them on a stage. The only people who have stolen her childhood are the very people whose job it was to protect her - her parents. World's leaders turn on Greta, says Times of London (paywall) . 

Edited by scribblet

4 minutes ago, scribblet said:

This is not to say we should keep on polluting and not work on new technology, we should and are,  but there is no 'climate emergency' Greta and her handlers are going too far, which turns people off in the long run.  

At the rate the climate-change deniers and do-nothings are moving, it will be an emergency in a few decades.  You and I will be dead by the time these kids have to live with the consequences of our unwillingness to act; for them, this is an emergency.  For us, you are right - not an emergency.

21 minutes ago, dialamah said:

At the rate the climate-change deniers and do-nothings are moving, it will be an emergency in a few decades.  You and I will be dead by the time these kids have to live with the consequences of our unwillingness to act; for them, this is an emergency.  For us, you are right - not an emergency.

At the rate the warmists, doomsters and hysterics are moving many kids could be dead from suicide and the consequences of alarmism and over reaction.  The earth has always cycled in an out of ice ages warming without the help of man, so man can't stop this, whatever it is.   As I said, we can work towards cleaning up our act even if other countries are not, which of course negates everything we do anyway.

Besides, I'm not in favour of eliminating airlines, the meat industry, the auto industry and sitting in the dark with a candle.   We are working on developing much more fuel efficient engines etc.  and  people do want their meat but maybe they  are working on designing a more efficient cow.    

Chief of World Meteorological Organization Castigates Climate Alarmists - warns us against “doomsters and extremists”.  https://t.co/KXeb1DEs65

ETA:  The Toronto climate strike protest is brought to you by, imported oil powering a giant generator!  

Edited by scribblet

42 minutes ago, dialamah said:

100,000 rally for action on climate change in Vancouver alone, and 6 million around the world.  

A lot of these people can't vote, yet, but they'll be able to soon.  Politicians need to start paying attention.

I wonder how many of the 6 million were vegan.  The idea of an individual turning to veganism to fight climate change is analogous to a country taking action on climate change. 

It won't help, but it would if everyone else did too.

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Besides, I'm not in favour of eliminating airlines, the meat industry, the auto industry and sitting in the dark with a candle.  

Nope, saving that for your grandkids.  

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Chief of World Meteorological Organization Castigates Climate Alarmists - warns us against “doomsters and extremists”. 

He also says that this is a serious issue, and we (as in the world) have to address it, start mitigating by reducing emissions to between 1.5 and 2 degrees Celsius, as per the Paris Accord as well as planning for adaptations.   Not later, when us oldsters get out of the way, but now.

23 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Nope, saving that for your grandkids.  

He also says that this is a serious issue, and we (as in the world) have to address it, start mitigating by reducing emissions to between 1.5 and 2 degrees Celsius, as per the Paris Accord as well as planning for adaptations.   Not later, when us oldsters get out of the way, but now.

When the grandkids are old enough to make a difference, I wonder if they will be happy to sit in the dark with a candle while the rest of the world continues to use electric light.  Or would they pass the whole thing off to their grandkids?

image.png

Edit> The graph is from an earlier, abandoned post.  The site will not let me reply to you here without including it.  I have no idea why, or any idea how to get rid of it.  Still, it is telling, as an aside.

Edited by bcsapper

18 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why are you so afraid if a16-year-old?

I am afraid of the people who are using her for their own political goals and agenda. She was a nobody until the global climate propaganda pushers decided that she would make the perfect candidate for the job. The poor thing has been told by her parents or whomever that climate change is for real and must be stopped. Globalist Trudeau knows that it is all just a bunch of bull chit. It's only in western countries of the world where this bs is mostly pushed because the globalist with their media can always convince some of the fools in Canada out there who will believe their lies. But hey. 

4 hours ago, scribblet said:

So maybe she should register as a third party  !

Then globalist Trudeau would not have a photo taken with her or anything to do with her. Trudeau would drop her like a hot potato. Maybe Blackface should sign her up and give her a place in Canada to run in. She would probably do well when we saw on TV a bunch of brainwashed Canadians demonstrating their fear over climate change in many demonstrations across Canada. Even kids in schools were given the day off to go out and protest. I am bloody jealous! They probably enjoyed the day off rather than get themselves all upset over climate change. Just saying.  

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

No emergency, just panic over nothing. What is your proof? Show me the beef, chief. I still need more proof than melting glaciers. Glaciers always melt in the summer time. The snow does come back in the winter time and always will come back in winter and replaces the lost ice and snow. And if they are melting it is because of nature and not because of humans. Remember that a little over ten thousand years ago, Canada was buried in hundreds of feet of snow. It all melted but the earth did not flood over and was buried under water. I am a denier until someone can prove to me that the world will flood over in ten years. Well? 

On 9/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, Hal 9000 said:

This round of climate change hysteria has been going on for at least the last 15 years (and even then, we only had 10 years to act) and what has been done about it?  A couple marches...higher taxes - sure, but has even one single per come up with a solution?  

Climate change nonsense is nothing more than control of we the people, and to steal more money from we the people by creating more new carbon taxes to pretend to be helping to control global warming. Sad part is that there are so many gullible, stunned fools out there who will believe those global warming lies. I watched the many demonstrations that went on all over the world the other day by so many fools and all appeared to be in quite the panic. Why can't these same people demonstrate and fight against high taxes and their corrupt governments instead? I guess the reasons for that may be that to do so would make it appear to be too politically incorrect and not the right thing for them to do so.  You tell me. 

Just look at some of the big wigs in the climate change movement that do not practice what they preach. The likes of Al Gore, David Suzuki, and Leo Decrapio, as examples, who never practice what they preach. They drive around in big gas guzzling vehicles, fly around the world in private jets, and they each own several homes, and as these "do as I say people" are all are adding to this so called global warming. It's amazing to me as to how so many people can be brainwashed and believe all that nonsense about global warming that is being peddled by the globalist controlled media that the globalists own, and the likes of those people I mentioned above. It's not about global warming. It's all about control over and the stealing of more money from we the stupid and insignificant gullible sheeple. The solution is to stop listening to those globalist liars. They could careless about global warming. Aw well.