Alberta and Canada Election 2019

Just now, Realitycheck said:

Facing and dealing with reality is neither brave nor difficult...unless one is religious of course, 

Atheism might suit you and I...but I highly doubt you'd make such a proclamation in certain crowds...as you value your head being attached to the rest of your body.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Atheism might suit you and I...but I highly doubt you'd make such a proclamation in certain crowds...as you value your head being attached to the rest of your body.

All of which just proves religion is a mental illness. A belief system which cannot abide criticism, be it political theology or mythical theology, isn't worth the powder to blow it to  the mythical hell.

1 minute ago, Realitycheck said:

All of which just proves religion is a mental illness. A belief system which cannot abide criticism, be it political theology or mythical theology, isn't worth the powder to blow it to  the mythical hell.

Again...all very well here at the forum. 

But, there are folks that would gladly see you suffer for holding let alone expressing such non-mental illness like ideas. And guess what? There are FAR MORE of them than you and I...

8 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

Facing and dealing with reality is neither brave nor difficult...unless one is religious of course, 

I believe that Jesus, Muhammed, Sidartha, and similar figures existed.  It’s a matter of how much importance you ascribe to such figures.  I simply recognize that, whether or not you believe that any of these figures had any kind of supernatural power, their stories are powerful and persuasive, some more powerful and healthier than others.  

If God exists I don’t think he/she/it is what we think, nor do I think such an entity requires us to suplicate.  The importance of such stories, I think, is in providing wisdom.  We learn from ancient collective wisdom how to treat others and ourselves.  

As to the question of whether God exists, that’s a matter of faith, which no one has been able to prove or disprove.  Bravery?  Well, since none of us knows what lies ahead, I suggest living each day as if it’s your last and “living in the world of ends”, as philosopher Immanuel Kant said.  Atheist philosopher Nietzsche said something similar when he talked about “eternal recurrence”, living your life as though it will be eternally repeated.  

I know, way off topic at this point...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

I live in Canada. Those are my real conditions.

Hundreds of thousands of devout religious types arrive in Canada from the "Muslim World" yearly. Your real conditions are very much in flux. 

Not all Muslims are jihadists. Like xians and followers of other mythologies, they pick and choose what they want to follow in their doctrines. 

All Muslims are members of the Muslim faith (like Christians are with Christianity). Muslims follow the Quran.

Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi. That the vast majority of Nazi Party members never hurt a fly isn't justification of Nazism.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

All Muslims are members of the Muslim faith (like Christians are with Christianity). Muslims follow the Quran.

Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi. That the vast majority of Nazi Party members never hurt a fly isn't justification of Nazism.

There is never any justification for any belief system which promotes hatred and violence as the majority of religions do and most especially the ones attributed to the mythological Abraham.  

There is never any justification for any belief system which promotes hatred and violence as the majority of religions do and most especially the ones attributed to the mythological Abraham.  

Well, guess what? Islam doesn't give a rat's rear what an Infidel thinks...it has plans for you.

:D

As for Alberta...a lot of Muslims live there now. It will change over the years to be more open to Islam's play-book.

That's just simple demographics...and this would be why some countries reject Islamic immigration...some under any condition.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Well, guess what? Islam doesn't give a rat's rear what an Infidel thinks...it has plans for you.

:D

As for Alberta...a lot of Muslims live there now. It will change over the years to be more open to Islam's play-book.

That's just simple demographics...and this would be why some countries reject Islamic immigration...some under any condition.

And I don't give a fiddler's fart what religious...or for that matter...anyone, thinks. If "think" can be used in relation to religion.

1 minute ago, Realitycheck said:

And I don't give a fiddler's fart what religious...or for that matter...anyone, thinks. If "think" can be used in relation to religion.

Again, Islam has a plan of what to do with folks like you who cause fitnah. Squirm all you like...Islam is bigger than you and will dominate...you WILL submit. Or, there is always plan "B".

Even in Alberta. Countries/provinces/etc mean little to Islam that seeks a global Umma with no other belief systems. Especially not yours...

Our laws will be used to achieve this goal...and then discarded.

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Again, Islam has a plan of what to do with folks like you who cause fitnah. Squirm all you like...Islam is bigger than you and will dominate...you WILL submit. Or, there is always plan "B".

Even in Alberta. Countries/provinces/etc mean little to Islam that seeks a global Umma with no other belief systems. Especially not yours...

Our laws will be used to achieve this goal...and then discarded.

I am not afraid.

They have to find me first...then catch me. :D

Laugh all you want: this is what is in store for Canada, too...like everywhere else Islam goes.

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

https://quran.com/9/29

That means you.

Islam has been in Alberta for decades...1930s when it first appeared in an organized fashion. Well established...still using the Quran where than verse is from.