Time to take on far-right terrorists

43 minutes ago, jacee said:

"In her 2015 report, co-authored with researcher Ryan Scrivens, Perry suggested there were at least 100 white supremacist and Neo-Nazi groups active in Canada, as well as roughly 30,000 individuals involved with "sovereign citizen" philosophies that typically reject Canadian laws.

And yet, oddly, none are named! 

Are these INVISIBLE groups!? Are they all skulking in the woods wearing camouflage outfits? Who are these groups? Name names.

4 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

They do not have to be bombing abortion clinics to exist. Going underground is their best option and I suspect many have.

Really? They held demonstrations before, then suddenly decided to 'go underground' and disappear and say and do nothing? Interesting strategy to change the world.
I suppose it's easier to pretend such groups have a great impact if you can pretend they're all in hiding like the bogeyman.

4 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

The cross burning was many years ago and there is a strong, if small, religious white racist group up there 

Many many years ago apparently since I can't find it on google. 

I don't doubt there are some but not as many or the extent the Liberals and likes of the Star would like us to believe.  This is all part of the narrative intended to destroy Scheer

The cross burning thing was a lie perpetuated by Hedy Fry to apologized. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Fair enough but I don't think they have the cojones to do it because they know what the narrative will be, it's too bad.   

Yes, I haven't seen any sign of courage to challenge the status quo from Scheer, nor any taste for bold new ideas or different ways of doing things. He appears to be another guy who wants to be prime minister so he can be prime minister.

7 minutes ago, scribblet said:

We know of course that this was always going to be the Liberal re-election strategy  ---  Sunny ways was just a smokescreen for what will be a very negative campaign with Liberals calling anyone (as usual) a racist for disagreeing with them.   Not to mention calling them Nazis as per Butts. 

And it might well work if the Tories turn into cringing whiners who do their utmost to virtue signal in hopes of somehow denying the accusation to people who will never believe them anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scribblet said:

I don't doubt there are some but not as many or the extent the Liberals and likes of the Star would like us to believe.  This is all part of the narrative intended to destroy Scheer

Apparently Hedy's comment had a great influence on Realitycheck.

Edited by Argus

4 minutes ago, scribblet said:

The apology was dragged out of her. I've worked with ol' Hedy...she's everything she seems to be. Yup...that, too.

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

As shown here, the PC mob relies on vitriol and name calling rather than reasonable discussion to bolster their lack of critical thinking and not wanting to raise the possibility that immigration is a legitimate issue

You conveniently avoided this part of my previous reply:

"2) Levels of immigration, sure. Understand the reasons, and do the math on the benefits too. And disaster and refugees happen. 

"Values" of immigrants? F*ck off. That's xenophobic code for 'no Muslims'. We have freedom of religion. We don't have a values test. A lot of us couldn't pass one either. We have laws. We have law enforcement. We have a justice system."

Are you clear on that now?

Unless you violate Canadian laws, you are free to think, speak and believe as you choose in Canada, whether you are an immigrant, refugee or 10th generation Canadian. 

Discussion of levels of immigration is a legitimate issue always open, and always based on many factors ... but who they are, where they come from, what their religious beliefs and 'values' are, whether they look and dress like you ... is never on the table. We got rid of discrimination in immigration decades ago. 

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

Discussion of levels of immigration is a legitimate issue always open, and always based on many factors ... but who they are, where they come from, what their religious beliefs and 'values' are, whether they look and dress like you ... is never on the table. We got rid of discrimination in immigration decades ago. 

Most Canadians feel differently. And I wonder how you'd feel if we decided to import hundreds of thousands of Afrikaners from South Africa how all hate blacks.

If there are no white racists, outside of the several here, how is it Scheer attended one of their meetings? https://www.langleyadvancetimes.com/opinion/painful-truth-why-did-andrew-scheer-speak-at-an-event-with-a-white-nationalist/,

Of course he and most of the Reform/Conservative are religious white racists; https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/columnists/lana-payne-the-conservatives-have-a-racism-problem-288659/

He's a piece of work is Scheer; https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/canada-probable-pm-courting-win-190401134751391.html

So I ask again, if there are no white racist groups in Canada, why is Scheer courting them?

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

Apparently Hedy's comment had a great impact on Realitycheck.

While Hedy has all the credibility of Trump, the incident she referred did not take place. However there was a cross burning there some years before. She just invented the one she yakked about. 

2 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

While Hedy has all the credibility of Trump, the incident she referred did not take place. However there was a cross burning there some years before. She just invented the one she yakked about. 

Oh really? When?

3 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

If there are no white racists, outside of the several here, how is it Scheer attended one of their meetings? https://www.langleyadvancetimes.com/opinion/painful-truth-why-did-andrew-scheer-speak-at-an-event-with-a-white-nationalist/,

Of course he and most of the Reform/Conservative are religious white racists; https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/columnists/lana-payne-the-conservatives-have-a-racism-problem-288659/

He's a piece of work is Scheer; https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/canada-probable-pm-courting-win-190401134751391.html

So I ask again, if there are no white racist groups in Canada, why is Scheer courting them?

All you have presented are three opinions pieces by extremists like yourself who cite the same idiotic notion - that because Scheer didn't abandon his speech and run away screaming in horror when he heard (if he even heard) that Faith Goldy was out beyond the gates that somehow makes him a racist. They're idiots and not to be taken seriously by anyone sane.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

All you have presented are three opinions pieces by extremists like yourself who cite the same idiotic notion - that because Scheer didn't abandon his speech and run away screaming in horror when he heard (if he even heard) that Faith Goldy was out beyond the gates that somehow makes him a racist. They're idiots and not to be taken seriously by anyone sane.

How corse is that sand you have your head planted in and how far up your colon is it? You sound like Yzer in his mindless defence of Trump.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

How corse is that sand you have your head planted in and how far up your colon is it? You sound like Yzer in his mindless defence of Trump.:rolleyes:

And you sound like some shrill old woman who used to post here but who ran away to a more congenial little board. What was her name again? Diahlamah or something like that?

And you sound like some shrill old woman who used to post here but who ran away to a more congenial little board. What was her name again? Diahlamah or something like that?

Not my problem. :rolleyes: You have already proven your ability to discern reality is heavily flawed.

Well...a liar for sure as no crosses have ever been burned in Prince George, BC. Or Salmon Arm for that matter.

Just now, Realitycheck said:

Not my problem. :rolleyes: You have already proven your ability to discern reality is heavily flawed.

You haven't gotten any better at discussing things without hurling 'racist' and 'xenophobe' every time you discovered you were in over your head.

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

Except Goldy wasn't "out beyond the gates" as you try to deflect. She was onstage alongside him and others of his caucus.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Well...a liar for sure as no crosses have ever been burned in Prince George, BC. Or Salmon Arm for that matter.

It was in Salmon Arm in the late 70's. I was working 'NL radio in Kamloops at the time. It just doesn't seem to have made the internet, which doesn't mean it never happened.

Just now, Realitycheck said:

It was in Salmon Arm in the late 70's. I was working 'NL radio in Kamloops at the time. It just doesn't seem to have made the internet, which doesn't mean it never happened.

Bull shit.

• Like 1