This web site is in the fucking toilet

Argus

I deemed very early on that Argus was going to attack me, because I am not a prohibitionist, I have no partisan loyalty other the Queen, and I do not restrict myself to the Overton Window of Canadian state run media talking points, therefore there was never any point in trying to appease Argus, even if I was the type to appease, which I'm not.

Argus is the classic forum Mall Cop and self appointed Sheriff of the Internet, there's no pleasing these types, they post to gripe with everything.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Just consider the Canadian Forces to be gone, that's just a facade, the only military you have left, is CANSOFCOM, but that's only 2500 troops, and they work exclusively with the Americans.

Yeah, let's not.

18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Besides, Zeitgeist will appear in the next thread to assert that we must kill and die for Julie Payette and the CBC or we are traitors somehow, regardless of what the topic is.

Not me....Julie Payette mowed down a women in Maryland and was charged with domestic assault in a separate incident.   I'm glad she is back in Canada.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Well that may be your stance now, but keep your eyes open, and you might notice the dynamic I describe. Feel free to be skeptical, I'm just offering you my honest assessment of the situation as I've observed to this point.

I've only been here for a short time, so perhaps it's a small sample size that is influencing my opinion, I doubt that very much, same as you, and I'm open to the possibility that I could be mistaken.

He and I have been here a hell of a lot longer than you have. If your post was deleted it wasn't for putting up an argument the moderators didn't like.  It was because it was off-topic, trolling and stupid. The only posts I've seen taken down for other reasons was when they were deemed 'racist' or 'homophobic' etc. Few of the ones I personally am aware of being taken down actually WERE racist or homophobic, but what can you do. Haven't seen that done in a long while now. The moderation has... moderated in the last year or so.

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yeah, let's not.

Logistics is everything.  The Canadian Forces doesn't have a logistics tail.   The Canadian Forces is an armed constabulary trying to masquerade as a military.

Doesn't bring me any pleasure to say it, but I made my peace with it many years ago.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not me....Julie Payette mowed down a women in Maryland and was charged with domestic assault in a separate incident.   I'm glad she is back in Canada.

Which if a government did not like her decision, could be amongst many reasons invoked to go over her head to Buckingham Palace.

Basically they are going to Buckingham Palace, if they don't get the result they want.

As I've tried to explain to Zeitgeist, Julie Payette is the figurehead, Elizabeth Windsor is the country.

Edited by Dougie93

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Logistics is everything.  The Canadian Forces doesn't have a logistics tail.   The Canadian Forces is an armed constabulary trying to masquerade as a military.

Doesn't bring me any pleasure to say it, but I made my peace with it many years ago.

I'm not sure what level of supplies they have, but at least they now have the airlift capacity to move them and supply them. So all they need is the damn supplies.

Well, not to mention a lot fewer clerks and a lot more people with guns.

You wanna know how fucked up recruitment is? A guy I know is a lifelong mechanic. Owned his own garage. Supervises mechanics. Decided to try to join the military. They gave him a psychological test and told him their testing said he wasn't suitable as a mechanic... They suggested several other possible roles he could apply for instead.

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As I've tried to explain to Zeitgeist, Julie Payette is the figurehead, Elizabeth Windsor is the country.

Yes...she is the embodiment of Canada, which is why the "aboriginals" insist that treaties be reconciled at that (original) level, not with the colonial suits in Ottawa.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I think you vastly overate the lift capacity of five C-17's and seventeen C-130J's, that is not enough to keep a battalion in the field, the battlegroup in Afghanistan was supplied by sea via Pakistan.   But that is not combat logistics, you can't drive car ferries into battle.

Right. I forgot the old trucks. So buy more trucks. Buy more APCs. This isn't rocket science. Almost nobody's military can supply a field force of any size by air.

Edited by Argus

They bought some trucks, nowhere near enough to replace what has rusted out, each time they replace something, the formation it can support gets smaller and smaller.

The minimum maneuver unit in NATO is a Brigade, on paper Canada has three of them, but in terms of actual capacity, only one of those nine battalions can be fielded at any time.

Canadian formations are actually a burden to the Americans, because they don't come as a Brigade with its own tail, so the Americans can't really use it, and it just drains their logistics from one of their brigades, which has to be tasked to the Canadians.

In terms of buying more APCs, that was tragicomical, Close Combat Vehicle was a good idea, but like every other acquisition, it quickly bogged down and then the chain of command was directed to lie and say they didn't need new APC's after all.

This is in a war, while Canadian troops are being killed and maimed, specifically because they lacked these vehicles.

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadian formations are actually a burden to the Americans, because they don't come as a Brigade with its own tail, so the Americans can't really use it, and it just drains their logistics from one of their brigades, which has to be tasked to the Canadians.

During NATO's operations against Serbia (Kosovo War 1999), Canadian CF-18s lacked modern comms, IFF, and targeting pods.    They also ran out of munitions at Aviano and had to get more from the American depot.    Happy to sell them all they wanted.

Canadian tactical air never even made it to A-stan....it was a war too far.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

During NATO's operations against Serbia (Kosovo War 1999), Canadian CF-18s lacked modern comms, IFF, and targeting pods.    They also ran out of munitions at Aviano and had to get more from the American depot.    Happy to sell them all they wanted.

Canadian tactical air never even made it to A-stan....it was a war too far.

Now they've spent $500 million on 25 decrepit Aussie AF-18A/B's, when that could have bought five F-35's, which could shoot down the entire Hornet force without the Hornets ever seeing them coming nor going.

Literally just one squadron of F-35's, would make Canada a serious threat to any nation, to include the Russians, since F-35 can deliver the B61

One squadron of F-35's, could shoot down most of the air forces on earth, all by itself.

Doesn't even need AWACS, the F-35 is an AWACS unto itself.

Edited by Dougie93

Meanwhile, all Canada has ever done with the CF-18's, is truck bombs.   They have never been in a dogfight.  

They would never get into a dogfight with the F-35 neither, since the entire purpose of a dog fight is to get behind the other guy, and the F-35 doesn't need to do that to shoot people down.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    gentlegirl11