NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

WoWS, well played Anders Lee, pretty obvious the guy wasn't eager to leave, he was just getting jammed up by Two Phones who handed all the money to the Most Expensive Fourth Line in Hockey.

Yeah, the Bunch of Jerks got one upped by Lee with that tweet, gold jerry, gold!

Woof, that's a lot to pay for Lehner, makes Andersen's five million look like a deal.

Indeed, though at least it's a one year term, but still. Apparently Two Phones offered him $5 million AAV on a 2 year term, and he turned it down to go to Chicago, odd.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed, though at least it's a one year term, but still. Apparently Two Phones offered him $5 million AAV on a 2 year term, and he turned it down to go to Chicago, odd.

I'd say Varlamov is an upgrade, if he can stay healthy,

This is why Dubas has to move now on guys like Zaitsev and Kadri, get rid of all that junk before you have to sign Andersen and then Reilly.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Colorado gets a third, Toronto gets a sixth back, Avs retain half of Barrie's $5.5 million cap hit.

Kadri and a bucket o' pucks for Barrie at half price, and Kerfoot on top!

Wooooooooo!

Kadri a good fit, kind of works for both teams, but I think the Leafs got the better end of the deal. At least now when Kerfoot passes up an open shot I don't have to get pissed anymore.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Kadri a good fit, kind of works for both teams, but I think the Leafs got the better end of the deal.

The Leafs need Barrie more than the Av's need Kadri, but Kadri is a big upgrade on Kerfoot, the big thing is the Avs retaining salary on Barrie, Barrie at 50% off is so much better than full pop Barrie.

Wooooooo!

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Leafs need Barrie more than the Av's need Kadri, but Kadri is a big upgrade on Kerfoot, the big thing is the Avs retaining salary on Barrie, Barrie at 50% off is so much better than full pop Barrie.

Wooooooo!

Yeah but Barrie is a rental, contract up next year. Works out better for Leafs in the short run, better for the Avs in the long run, since we get Kadri for more than a year. Still, I'd give the Leafs the edge in the deal, but not by a whole lot, good hockey trade.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Like, Barrie at $2.75 million is a steal, and by getting him at that price, they can fit another Dman in if they can make another deal.

Muzzin- Barrie is a great second pariing, those two perfectly compliment one another, at a combined 6.75 cap hit.

Praise Dubeezus.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah but Barrie is a rental, contract up next year. Works out better for Leafs in the short run, better for the Avs in the long run, since we get Kadri for more than a year. Still, I'd give the Leafs the edge in the deal, but not by a whole lot, good hockey trade.

Yeah, the Avs don't need Barrie, the Leafs don't need Kadri at 3C, the Avs get a 2C for Barrie, the Leafs get a top four RHD who is a humungous upgrade on Zaitsev, for $1.75 million cheaper than Zaitsev.  Plus the Leafs get a cheaper 3C to replace Kadri.

Wooooooooo!

Edited by Dougie93

Like, Barrie at $2.75 million is a steal, and by getting him at that price, they can fit another Dman in if they can make another deal.

Muzzin- Barrie is a great second pariing, those two perfectly compliment one another, at a combined 6.75 cap hit.

Praise Dubeezus.

Yeah great job on both ends, cheap contract Kadri, and super cheap rental Barrie plus Kerfoot aka Poor Man's Tanguay.

16 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah great job on both ends, cheap contract Kadri, and super cheap rental Barrie plus Kerfoot aka Poor Man's Tanguay.

I don't think Dubeezus is done, he still needs to replace Ron Hainsey, doesn't have to be a Drew Doughty, but they still need somebody to play with Reilly, as I don't see them playing Reilly and Barrie together, or least not even strength.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think Dubeezus is done, he still needs to replace Ron Hainsey, doesn't have to be a Drew Doughty, but they still need somebody to play with Reilly, as I don't see them playing Reilly and Barrie together, or least not even strength.

Yeah, no way Barrie and Reilly are on the same pairing, they both need to be paired with a more defensively sound defensemen to maximize their utility 5-on-5. It's going to be Muzzin-Barrie on the second pairing.

Edited by Yzermandius19

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Ah, good thinking.

Carolina said no to Kapanen and Brown for Pesce, but they might say yes to Kapanen and Kerfoot.

Kapanen and Johnsson are actually more trade-able than ever now that they are signed long term at reasonable prices.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Michael234

• phoenyx75 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • lahr earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • lahr earned a badge
      First Post
    • User went up a rank