Is Nuclear War Inevitable?

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Mahdi Uprising was against the same empire the Arab uprising was against; the Ottoman Turks.

The British took Egypt to secure the route to the Raj and Far East.

The British conquest of Sudan was a foreign war in support of the former Ottoman possession,  Egypt.

My point stands.

Anyways...back to nukes.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, eyeball said:

Okay, I'll bite, you're saying lefties were against reducing the numbers of nuclear arms in the world - up until now that is?  

I'm not surprised Oftenwrong agrees with this retarded notion but I wonder what other people think?

NATO already accused Russia of violating this treaty, therefore the treaty was no longer effective. It was only dangerous to maintain it unilaterally.
Want to know who to really blame for this? Blame Russia... Vlad Putin... supreme puppet-master of the left.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

NATO already accused Russia of violating this treaty, therefore the treaty was no longer effective. It was only dangerous to maintain it unilaterally.
Want to know who to really blame for this? Blame Russia... Vlad Putin... supreme puppet-master of the left.

Yes indeed. Plus Red China and India for also developing weapons that defy the treaty even if they aren't signatory. 

The INF's are particularly dangerous within the context of the European theater due to the mass readiness and lethality of the strategic deterrents above which they could very plausibly destabilize.

China is not nearly the strategic existential threat that Russia is, not even close, India even father away, not an existential threat at all.

None-the-less, India and Red China don't do anybody any favors developing hypersonic cruise missiles from Russian designs. Everybody else is gonna want one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-800_Oniks

P-800 from which all things come it would seem...

300px-Yakhont.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I find it to be an excellent design, doesn't pack the punch of the P-700, but is much more versatile.  I have no issues with it, Mr. Ivan is entitled to his arms as much as I am.

The Brahmos is pretty much the P-800 with a different paint job.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Brahmos is pretty much the P-800 with a different paint job.

I don't have any issues with India's licensed variant neither.

I don't have any issues with INF's.

It has become a necessity as the Americans have withdrawn from ABM 72', which signals an American pursuit of sub strategic theater thermonuclear counterforce.

If we're going there, which we have, no half measures, in for a penny in for a pound.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I don't have any issues with India's licensed variant neither.

I don't have any issues with INF's.

It has become a necessity as the Americans have withdrawn from ABM 72', which signals an American pursuit of sub strategic theater thermonuclear counterforce.

If we're going there, which we have, no half measures, in for a penny in for a pound.

Oh, I agree...let's be aware that this line has been crossed and that any talk of 'Trump tearing-up treaties' by the Progressive Left is just so-much idiocy. No worries...I know that ain't you.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed.  Quite sure Obama was given the classified briefing and quite sure it would have mentioned that Aegis Ashore was INF 87' restricted.

Most certainly...especially when deployed to Rumania. Provocative, I believe, is the correct word... 

Pro-vock-ah-tive as all get out.   Right up in Ivan's kitchen, gun in his mouth.

I love that shit tho, this is the only language Ivan respects, or even understands. 

His game, his rules, don't come crying to me now, Ivan.

Agreed...with critters like the Topol M hiding in the bushes with bold claims of how it can defeat ANY ABM system and fry your azz nine-ways-to-Sunday...they deserve every ABM pointed at them possible.

Going softly softly is far more dangerous than not.   Rhetorical Red Lines don't work.  Red Lines must be facta non verba.

We all saw the Obama red line...and how it wasn't effective. Mind you, the so-called sarin...wasn't. Images of folks washing their eyes with water to defeat sarin was...a bit of a hah hah to anybody familiar with nerve agents. Also...paper masks?? Oh yeah...that works.

:lol:

1.jpg

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I also don't think theater thermonuclear war is a reason to panic, I mean, if you're in Poland, okay, you can go ahead and start digging your bomb shelter now, but here amongst the red and green maples is far enough away to just chill until there is a strategic launch warning.  

Depends how many warheads and how big they are, I'd hazard. Plus, if Israel is involved and happens to be losing bad...who knows what cobalt encrusted egg waits deep inside Dimona...if any? Guess we'd better help them...heh.

220px-OnTheBeach.jpg

There's nothing in the inventory for theater thermonuclear war which is even a significant fraction of Castle Bravo.

I assert that a nuclear war is inevitable, but I didn't say it was going to be Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

That is a very extreme eventuality, but contrary to popular myth, not all nuclear wars are existential.

I don't think the IDF is salting their nukes, the God of the Hebrews is a vengeful Lord, but he doesn't need to go overboard to shaq Tehran.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

There's nothing in the inventory for theater thermonuclear war which is even a significant fraction of Castle Bravo.

I assert that a nuclear war is inevitable, but I didn't say it was going to be Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

That is a very extreme eventuality, but contrary to popular myth, not all nuclear wars are existential.

I don't think the IDF is salting their nukes, the God of the Hebrews is a vengeful Lord, but he doesn't need to go overboard to shaq Tehran.

The rumor is that Israel has a multi-megaton set place cobalt device buried in the desert for the 'Never Again' scenario...not the much touted 'Samson Option'. A final FU to the entire Middle East if not further as that Co-60 does get around.