Free Ride?

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Then why is the AMA such an atrocity? I guess the US just spends poorly on their Healthcare.

What is the AMA ?   The U.S. spends more on everything...except free heroin injection sites for addicts.

So you're worried about Russian borders now? :lol:

I'm pretty sure if Muslims find a way to kill a few thousand people on American soil again, NATO will become very relevant. 

Yeah, NATO was so important that Canada didn't bother to bring any tactical aircraft to Afghanistan...just Iltis jeeps.  

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yeah, NATO was so important that Canada didn't bother to bring any tactical aircraft to Afghanistan...just Iltis jeeps.  

So then why did Dubya need a coalition? 

It'll be interesting to see if the US sees a major terrorist attack again how Trump, who's been trashing his allies his entire presidency will say. Go it alone.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

So then why did Dubya need a coalition? 

It'll be interesting to see if the US sees a major terrorist attack again how Trump, who's been trashing his allies his entire presidency will say. Go it alone.

He didn't...the "coalition" needed Clinton....Dubya....and Obama to get anything done.   Fance and Italy couldn't even handle their attack on Libya.

NATO is obsolete and a perceived threat to Russian and Mideast nation's sovereignty.

50 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

NATO is obsolete and a perceived threat to Russian and Mideast nation's sovereignty.

Why should Russia's sovereignty matter to anyone that isn't indebted to them because they have a Pee pee tape and likely more on them? 

If Obama cares about Russia's sovereignty he'd have been impeached. 

22 minutes ago, Boges said:

Why should Russia's sovereignty matter to anyone that isn't indebted to them because they have a Pee pee tape and likely more on them?

Why should Canada's sovereignty matter to anyone who in not so dependent on the U.S. economy and military alliance ?

If Obama cares about Russia's sovereignty he'd have been impeached. 

Presidents are not impeached because of Russia...hell....the U.S. bought Russian Alaska in 1867, not giving a damn what the UK and lapdog Canada thought about it.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why should Canada's sovereignty matter to anyone who in not so dependent on the U.S. economy and military alliance ?

Who said it should? The question was why Russia's sovereignty matters. 

Edited by Boges

This is what we’ve come to, people who’ve become so manipulated by misinformation that they’ll defend treasonous behaviour. I’ve never seen a regime so bent on shooting itself in the foot.  Definitely a sign of a weak and waning empire, lapsed into decadence.  They’re playing the violin as Rome burns. 

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is what we’ve come to, people who’ve become so manipulated by misinformation that they’ll defend treasonous behaviour. I’ve never seen a regime so bent on shooting itself in the foot.  Definitely a sign of a weak and waning empire, lapsed into decadence.  They’re playing the violin as Rome burns. 

Oh great....Canada, which already experienced the collapse of its British Empire, is now worried that America will leave it defenseless and in economic ruin....the "free ride" will be over.    C'mon America....shape up....do it for...CANADA !!

34 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because the Russians will make sure that it matters....maybe Canada doesn't care enough to defend its own sovereignty (NATO deadbeat).

So rigging a US election is Russia defending it's sovereignty so . . . good on em? 

Yes...do you have any idea what the U.S. has done in the past 50 years to influence foreign elections  ?

Even Canada has done this, so why can't Russia ?

That's actually really refreshing. I suppose you're out ahead of the talking points when the Mueller probe actually proves collusion.

Trump should have openly commended Putin in Helsinki for giving the US a taste of its own medicine. 

Just now, Boges said:

That's actually really refreshing. I suppose you're out ahead of the talking points when the Mueller probe actually proves collusion.

Trump should have openly commended Putin in Helsinki for giving the US a taste of its own medicine. 

He shouldn't have to....it is an obvious counter-argument.  

Hell, the U.S. is still doing it...far better than Russia or Canada.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

He shouldn't have to....it is an obvious counter-argument.  

Hell, the U.S. is still doing it...far better than Russia or Canada.

Well he's actually doing the opposite by claiming No Collusion! But I guess Rudy is conditioning the Sheep to not think of Collusion as a crime.

They're playing three-dimensional treason chess. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

Well he's actually doing the opposite by claiming No Collusion. But I guess Rudy is conditioning the Sheep to not think of Collusion as a crime. They're playing three-dimensional treason chess. 

I just checked U.S. federal code....nothing in there about "collusion".

Look at it this way...Canada likes to "free ride", and that isn't a U.S. federal crime either.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I just checked U.S. federal code....nothing in there about "collusion".

Look at it this way...Canada likes to "free ride", and that isn't a U.S. federal crime either.

Then why is Prez making a point to deny it when referencing the "Witch Hunt". 

He should be upfront about using a foreign power to rig the Election in his favour. He should learn from your candour.

I also commend you in getting this thread back on track. But face it, the whole NATO debate was moved off the headlines when Trump went to Helsinki. Canada spending more of its money on it's people instead of useless Abram tanks is rather boring. 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Ha ha, you care more about Russia than your own country, even as it undermines your country.  I don’t even have to call it out because you’re proud of the fact. 

No, I care more about mocking NATO deadbeats like Canada and Germany who criticize American foreign policies while desperately needing to continue the "free ride" on American military and export trade.  

Hate America...love America's economy/military.    Whipping up U.S. nationalism against Russia by Canadians is laughable.

Hate America...love America's economy/military.    Whipping up U.S. nationalism against Russia by Canadians is laughable.

I speak for myself in not hating America. My company does lots of business in the US. But I do find its current trajectory worrisome. Hopefully that'll change in November. 

And the coverage of the Mueller/Russia probe form US News sources is where we get the "whipping". 

We're just on an internet forum discussing such "whipping". 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I speak for myself in not hating America. My company does lots of business in the US. But I do find its current trajectory worrisome. Hopefully that'll change in November. 

And the coverage of the Mueller/Russia probe form US News sources is where we get the "whipping". 

We're just on an internet forum discussing such "whipping". 

Look I get it...Canada wants things to stay the same...big export trade to the U.S. and deadbeat military spending because America is right next door to carry the bulk of Chrystia Freeland's "post WW2 burden".    Comfy and cozy hiding behind 'murica, even while openly spitting on same.    Trump better not mess up Canada's good deal, dammit !!

I wish I could relate to living my entire life in the economic and security shadow of another nation, but I have never experienced such a thing.    Canadians are use to it, even as they bitch and moan about it.    Change is hard....why can't 'murica always be the big brother for Canada forever and ever and ever.

How dare those damn 'muricans change the trajectory of Canada's "free ride" !

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Germany took a million migrants. How many did America take?  Canada took ten times as many as the U.S. for its population.  You make messes for others to clean up. The U.S. is a humanitarian deadbeat. 

U.S. is #1 for migrants...always has been....even Canadians.    How many did China or Japan take in ?

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Look I get it...Canada wants things to stay the same...big export trade to the U.S. and deadbeat military spending because America is right next door to carry the bulk of Chrystia Freeland's "post WW2 burden".    Comfy and cozy hiding behind 'murica, even while openly spitting on same.    Trump better not mess up Canada's good deal, dammit !!

I wish I could relate to living my entire life in the economic and security shadow of another nation, but I have never experienced such a thing.    Canadians are use to it, even as they bitch and moan about it.    Change is hard....why can't 'murica always be the big brother for Canada forever and ever and ever.

How dare those damn 'muricans change the trajectory of Canada's "free ride" !

You act like Americans are being forced to trade with Canada. They do so because it's advantageous to them. Trump wants to change to protect the rust-belt rubes that believe his con. I guess he only has until November to pretend he cares about them and then just blames the Dems in congress like he wants to do. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

You act like Americans are being forced to trade with Canada. They do so because it's advantageous to them. Trump wants to change to protect the rust-belt rubes that believe his con. I guess he only has until November to pretend he cares about them and then just blames the Dems in congress like he wants to do. 

Canada exports 85% of automotive production to the United States....the U.S. doesn't export 85% of anything to Canada.

The U.S. is not nearly as dependent on exports as is Canada, and is far more diversified.

Again, I have no idea what it means to be so reliant on an economic and military superpower living right next door.

NAFTA sucked 25 years ago, and it still does.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada exports 85% of automotive production to the United States....the U.S. doesn't export 85% of anything to Canada.

The U.S. is not nearly as dependent on exports as is Canada, and is far more diversified.

Again, I have no idea what it means to be so reliant on an economic and military superpower living right next door.

NAFTA sucked 25 years ago, and it still does.

Yeah protectionism works so much better. :lol: