The Helsinki debacle

1 hour ago, paxrom said:

You are all just jealous, go find your own strong man.  :p. 

Agreed...and this is the funniest part.   The deadbeats are whining because the American president is no longer willing to cover their NATO asses just because it always has before.

Suddenly, U.S. intel agencies are infallible and "WMDs in Iraq" are long forgotten.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Actually, our national sport is politics. Anti- Americanism is more of a disturbing fetish that we should have out grown 150 years ago.

Canadian fetish or not, it is inconsistent with demands and dependence on America to defend the interests of NATO deadbeats.    Anti-Americanism is also rampant in Europe, and Trump is right to confront that head on, where it hurts...trade and defence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

President Trump has reached that point where, to paraphrase Joe Clark, if he walked on water, they would say "Look, President Trump can't swim."

I don't see any way he can overcome the opposition. 

This was said many times before Trump was elected president....all opposition "experts" were proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

President Trump has reached that point where, to paraphrase Joe Clark, if he walked on water, they would say "Look, President Trump can't swim."

I don't see any way he can overcome the opposition. 

Its a bit ironic to sit there steaming about trump's remark in Helsinki when there were plenty of other remarks he made that offended a vast swathe of liberals. We were briefly on the same boat! But with that debacle over its back to fighting liberalism. 

Objectively speaking the US is doing stellar, great economy and great military.

Who said you can't have both. The US is doing it so you nato deadbeat can too.  

4 hours ago, turningrite said:

No, I'm fascinated by the whole Trump thing in the same way some people are fascinated at watching train wrecks or airplane crashes. I don't think Trump has a consistent philosophy and I believe much of his recent foreign policy and trade bluster amounts to smoke and mirrors intended to obscure some of his bigger domestic political challenges. Trump scores points, especially with his base, when he hammers on foreign governments even though a lot of those who support this have no idea about the underlying facts and/or the implications relating to his policies and pronouncements. "He's just being strong" is the predominant reaction among this group. It'll be interesting to see how long he can stay on this channel, though, as he tends to have a short attention span.

Stick with the issue, and don't start getting personal.   You should re-read their posts and see why I say they're having a meltdown!

Edited by betsy

11 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Russia is taking control of the USA, an independent nation in the Americas. That is a clear violation of the Monroe Doctrine. 

If this is merely an alliance, then, with Russia on our side, who are we defending western europe against? Terrorism is a matter for the constabulary and if the Presidents of Russia and the United States ally with China, we will have Peace in our Time. What a wonderful age we live in.

I don't see it as Russia taking control of the USA. More like the UN is telling both Russia and the USA what to do. Nations are really nothing more than regional corporations competing on a global market for everything. And bidding on wars is one of them. The beef between nations is a pony show.

1 hour ago, Jimwd said:

Jim jones cult drinking poison koolaid never thought it was a debacle, it was just worshipping  dear leader.

What if Trump is a genius and that the Helsinki press conference was actually a fourth level chess move. I mean if you look at the outrage today against Russia, it is unequivocally clear all Americans hate their guts. 

2 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I don't see it as Russia taking control of the USA. More like the UN is telling both Russia and the USA what to do. Nations are really nothing more than regional corporations competing on a global market for everything. And bidding on wars is one of them. The beef between nations is a pony show.

Oh then you'll love the shadow government comment by a ex cia director....Illuminati confirmed. 

Edited by paxrom

Well it's the reality we live in. If shadow governments exist (and I really don't think they do) they are collaborating even on that level. And that means other nations potentially have shadow governments of their own. This all really gets fucked up and in the end, all of us posting here, bitching about it, are getting our sphincters widened, a bit more every day. Why do we put up with it?

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Stick with the issue, and don't start getting personal.   You should re-read their posts and see why I say they're having a meltdown!

I think you're responding to the wrong post here. In any case what I read before responding to you earlier was your accusation that others (with whom you apparently disagree) are having a meltdown. That's kind of judgmental on your part, don't you think?  Fair comment on my part, I think.

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If that be the case, then dismantling that very expensive "world order" can also be of America's making.    Spain, France, Britain, Japan, etc. all experienced the loss of empire and world influence, replaced by Cold War superpowers of which now there is only one.    China wants a share of the pie too.    Why would anyone be delusional enough to believe that the USA would reign forever as the "post WW2" arbiter of "world order".

What does America owe the world that the world will not pay for itself ?

A topic already discussed in this forum several times.    Apparently NATO was obsolete whenever neo-liberals used it to attack other nations (e.g. Serbia, Libya).

I think you've lost the thread of the debate here.

8 hours ago, paxrom said:

1.) You are making the same mistake hilary did when she called us deplorables.

2.) People understand that Trump is standing up for Americans who don't enjoy being taken advantage of by "allies" and competitor. 

3.) If anything that is all we need to know. How they achieve this to show results will be up to his administration and seeing as how our unemployment are the lowest in decades and how strong our defense and economy we are pretty happy with the results. 

4.) You are all just jealous, go find your own strong man.  :p. 

1.) You're going there? Really? I'm simply saying that most in his base, like most Americans, are legendarily ill-informed about matters beyond their country's borders. It's a general observation made by many notable commentators over the years.

2.) Is Trump really standing up for Americans when he blames them for America's poor relationship with Russia and castigates his own government's intelligence community for conducting a witch hunt concerning Russian meddling in U.S. politics? (Clue: He's really plugging for his own interests and trying to dispel any impression that his election victory was in any way illegitimate.) But back to the Helsinki disaster: What did one major British publication call him in a blaring headline today? Oh yes, "Putin's Poodle." Standing up for America for sure. Get real.

3.) Unemployment had reached a record low in the wake of the policies implemented by the previous administration. Now, with Trump in power, the stock market performance for which he once took credit has wobbled and many economists are predicting an economic downturn. I read a recent piece by the economist Paul Krugman who noted that Trump's tariff policies are irrational and ill-advised. Oh well, as long as the base is happy that's all that matters, I guess.

4.) If you read my posts on this site you'd understand that I utterly deplore strongman politics. In Canada, I think majority governments are the handiwork of the devil. I am by nature a libertarian, something I picked up from my well-educated, libertarian, American mother.

Edited by turningrite