Has Modern Music Become a Weapon of Mind Control?

Robert Greene

You don't get to decide what is popular.  Baby Boomer drug music was also decried by the wise people of the previous generation.  

Nobody needs your coked-out folk guitar tunes, designed to coax people into smoking bad weed and having sex with a mangy-bearded stranger at a campfire.  Move along...

2 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

The elite have turned these kids into Zombies. It's social engineering.

But somehow you escaped it, huh ?  And luckily found taxme  the poster with the best ideas you have ever heard !  Well, it's a good thing you listened to John Denver growing up.  That's a sure formula for mental success, I think.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

But somehow you escaped it, huh ?  And luckily found taxme  the poster with the best ideas you have ever heard !  Well, it's a good thing you listened to John Denver growing up.  That's a sure formula for mental success, I think.

You kinda seem like a dick. It sucks because I like half your posts. As soon as someone posts something you don't like you insult them, instead of correcting them on why you think they're wrong. You undermine your respect by being a jerk.

Edited by Robert Greene

3 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

You kinda seem like a dick. It sucks because I like half your posts.

Well, I don't blame you for saying that.  I have been dickish to you maybe because I expect my harsh criticism of your dumb ideas to go over well with you.  Obviously, it wouldn't.  I guess if I have hurt your feelings I have made some impact.  Let it be said that I think you're probably an intelligent enough fellow, who is nice and probably nicer than me.  But I think your ideas about the world are quite retarded and I would love it if you weren't allowed to vote.

That said, we can coexist in harmony.  Even though I didn't like rap from the 1990s except some Wu Tang Clan and poppy stuff like Snoop Dogg and Pharcyde...

4 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

You might like me. You might hate me. Watch a minute of the video. Then tell me what you think. I would love to get Taxme's opinion on this.

His premise is neither correct or original....old people like me have seen it many times before.

That's OK...the demise of "culture" is new...for him.

All that has changed is access and distribution because of technology.

5 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

And we turn a blind eye and let it happen. We let the youth get messed up, because we're too busy working 9 to 5 to care.

Here's my definition of real music.

Not worried....counter culture hippies went on to build multi-national corporations and financial derivatives. 

In 1964, real music was great if it had a good beat and you could dance to it on American Bandstand.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not worried....counter culture hippies went on to build multi-national corporations and financial derivatives. 

In 1964, real music was great if it had a good beat and you could dance to it on American Bandstand.

Well the youth have been culturally sanitized.

Edited by Robert Greene

Music has ALWAYS been about mind control.  If it wasn't, it would not be appreciated.  The real question is the proportion of how much popular music leads vs. how much follows popular culture.

Pop music is, as is any other music, something that has a definite shelf life, UNLESS it is actually good music.  My kids grew up with gansta-rap as well, but never, ever played it on electronic devices or obviously on any musical instruments.  Both are classically trained, but when summers came along and there was no classes or competitions to deal with, they would often request sheet music from my boomer youth.  Lenon-McCartney, Stones, a lot of the folk rockers, etc. seem to have withstood that test of time (at least for the first half century), but even having been there, I could not really say they lead or followed.