Quranic Terms

Altai

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm sure you'd do so much more if able.

Yes. I defend punishing people who rejects facts. I have related topics. Anyone who rejects facts will harm the public order in short and long term. So they dont have such a right and they should be punished in various ways including execution.

2 minutes ago, Altai said:

Yes. I defend punishing people who rejects facts. I have related topics. Anyone who rejects facts will harm the public order in short and long term. So they dont have such a right and they should be punished in various ways including execution.

How Sharia of you...I should be punished for my views.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

How Sharia of you...I should be punished for my views.

Yes. You defend the illogic fanatically and extremely and you are just harming the public order. You have no place in public. Its the same thing with you guys want to ban Islam. Because you think its harming public order. 

11 minutes ago, Altai said:

Anyone who rejects your "facts" should be executed?

:blink:  **blink blink**  :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Altai said:

Nope. I said "including execution". I didnt share an order related to the options. So you cant know what I meant.

But you include execution as a punishment for anyone who rejects your own "facts".  Whether you decide to execute someone as a first step  or as a second step or as a third step is irrelevant.  

FACT:  You stated that you believe anyone who rejects your own personal "facts" should be executed.

You will not be able to dodge your way out of that one.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kactus said:

I didn't know what that term meant until I looked it up as I cannot speak arabic but there is no reference to the word Negro. As the article suggests it's a made up word for propaganda in that article.

Abid = Slave and Negro...

You are, however, free to lie to protect Islam...

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Abid = Slave and Negro...

You are, however, free to lie to protect Islam...

Don't shoot the messenger. It came from the article posted earlier. There is no mention of negro...Servant yes but not negro as it was suggested.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abeed 

Abeed (Arabic: عبد‎‎, plural Abīd عبيد or al-Abīd العبيد) is a derogatory term in Arabic meaning "slave". The name has been explained as an allusion to the submission that Muslims owe to God (Allah). Meyer dismisses this as "efforts by propagandists [to] explain the term away [that are] at the least, disingenuous".[1]

However, the derogatory abuse of the word does not negate its original meaning or spiritual implications. Linguistically, the word Abid (Abed) is from the Semitic languages. In Hebrew, the name Obed means "servant" or "worshiper," and the Arabic word abd, abid, or abīd(often written without a vowel in translation) means "slave" and has been applied to a Muslim as a "slave or worshiper of God (Allah)." The implication that a Muslim should strive to be a "completely devout servant of God" is based upon Quranic verses that state that Muhammad, even as God's messenger, was simply a Abid (i.e. a slave or servant) of God. This usage of the term was implied from Islam's inception in 600 AD and precedes the derogatory use of the term in the Sudanese conflict of the 20th century.

Edited by kactus

Just now, kactus said:

Don't shoot the messenger. It came from the article posted earlier. There is no mention of negro...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abeed 

Abeed (Arabic: عبد‎‎, plural Abīd عبيد or al-Abīd العبيد) is a derogatory term in Arabic meaning "slave". The name has been explained as an allusion to the submission that Muslims owe to God (Allah). Meyer dismisses this as "efforts by propagandists [to] explain the term away [that are] at the least, disingenuous".[1]

However, the derogatory abuse of the word does not negate its original meaning or spiritual implications. Linguistically, the word Abid (Abed) is from the Semitic languages. In Hebrew, the name Obed means "servant" or "worshiper," and the Arabic word abd, abid, or abīd(often written without a vowel in translation) means "slave" and has been applied to a Muslim as a "slave or worshiper of God (Allah)." The implication that a Muslim should strive to be a "completely devout servant of God" is based upon Quranic verses that state that Muhammad, even as God's messenger, was simply a Abid (i.e. a slave or servant) of God. This usage of the term was implied from Islam's inception in 600 AD and precedes the derogatory use of the term in the Sudanese conflict of the 20th century.

You are also free to lie in order to protect Islam.

https://dawudwalid.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/responses-to-my-calling-out-the-term-abeed/

Just now, kactus said:

Like I said I don't speak arabic and provided a reference to the meaning of the word.

No need to get shirty with me...

I'm just stating a fact. Islam needs to have folks lie in order to protect it from scrutiny. If folks were honest about Islam, they wouldn't dance around questions like: how many people did Mohammed behead personally.

But...nobody supporting Islam will say...as it makes Islam look REALLY bad...and that's a sin...fitnah.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm just stating a fact. Islam needs to have folks lie in order to protect it from scrutiny. If folks were honest about Islam, they wouldn't dance around questions like: how many people did Mohammed behead personally.

But...nobody supporting Islam will say...as it makes Islam look REALLY bad...and that's a sin...fitnah.

That's a rhetorical statement. I just posted ABD, ABID whatever it is does not mean negro as was suggested.

7 minutes ago, kactus said:

That's a rhetorical statement. I just posted ABD, ABID whatever it is does not mean negro as was suggested.

Islam encourages lying to protect the faith from scrutiny. It is also a sin...fitnah...to criticize Islam (anybody...even non-Muslims).

Why you need to lie to protect Islam is up for debate.

50 minutes ago, kactus said:

Abeed (Arabic: عبد‎‎, plural Abīd عبيد or al-Abīd العبيد) is a derogatory term in Arabic meaning "slave".

Do you suppose it depends on how and when the word is applied?  And to whom it is applied?

When "Altai" says he/she/it applies it to herself as a slave of Allah, it's being used in one way.

When it is used as a derogatory term and applied to others, it's being used in another way.

"Altai" is being disingenuous in saying it is only applied one way.  Even the article you posted says it is usually used as a derogatory term.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Do you suppose it depends on how and when the word is applied?  And to whom it is applied?

When "Altai" says he/she/it applies it to herself as a slave of Allah, it's being used in one way.

When it is used as a derogatory term and applied to others, it's being used in another way.

"Altai" is being disingenuous in saying it is only applied one way.  Even the article you posted says it is usually used as a derogatory term.

I merely pointed to DOP that there's no reference to Negro as he has suggested. That was the only thing I disputed...It's all there.

Why did you leave out the rest of the article I posted?

This is how it continues:

Meyer dismisses this as "efforts by propagandists [to] explain the term away [that are] at the least, disingenuous".[1]

However, the derogatory abuse of the word does not negate its original meaning or spiritual implications. Linguistically, the word Abid (Abed) is from the Semitic languages. In Hebrew, the name Obed means "servant" or "worshiper," and the Arabic word abdabid, or abīd(often written without a vowel in translation) means "slave" and has been applied to a Muslim as a "slave or worshiper of God (Allah)." The implication that a Muslim should strive to be a "completely devout servant of God" is based upon Quranic verses that state that Muhammad, even as God's messenger, was simply a Abid (i.e. a slave or servant) of God. This usage of the term was implied from Islam's inception in 600 AD and precedes the derogatory use of the term in the Sudanese conflict of the 20th century.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Just Google Islamic Slave Trade. It attracted some odd bedfellows...including the Vikings. Africa was a big source of slaves...but other sources were just as common for the Arabs. 

We have the words of Ahmad ibn Fadlan from the 900s describing their meeting...

I have seen the Rus* as they came on their merchant journeys and encamped by the Itil. I have never seen more perfect physical specimens, tall as date palms, blond and ruddy; they wear neither tunics nor kaftans, but the men wear a garment which covers one side of the body and leaves a hand free. Each man has an axe, a sword, and a knife, and keeps each by him at all times. Each woman wears on either breast a box of iron, silver, copper, or gold; the value of the box indicates the wealth of the husband. Each box has a ring from which depends a knife. The women wear neck-rings of gold and silver. Their most prized ornaments are green glass beads. They string them as necklaces for their women.

Ibn Fadlan, 922 AD.

The USMC was created to stop the Islamic Barbary slave raids on ocean traffic...shores of Tripoli...(1801-05). US citizens...women, mainly...were ending-up as slaves.

It inspired some lurid art among the rich....

*Rus = Viking as well as Russian to the Arabs...Slavs were the slaves. Speaking of root words...