Quranic Terms

Altai

I am going to share meanings of Quranic terms under this topic. Do not forget that no translations can literally reflect the original meaning. You have to understand it in original language. Feel free to share your idea as long as its based on information and logic.

Information: Verse 2:135  >>> They said "lets became Huden (judaic???) or neSahara( Christian???)  if you want to find salvation." Tell them "No, we will follow the same way with the people of Abraham and he was not one of the Mushrikine." 

Logical Result: Christians and Judaics are mushriks, not kafirs, because in the verse above, they want Muslims to change their belief and Allah wants Muslims to tell them they follow the same way with their ancestors and their ancestors was never a member of mushriks. So its implied that Judaics and Christians are Mushriks and Muslims wont reject their offer and they wont be a part of Mushriks. 

I look at the roots of words Huden, NeSahara and they dont directly mean Judaic, Christian. This is why I put question marks at them. It have to be searched.

Information: Verse 3:67 >>> Abraham was not a Yehuddiyyen (Yehudi) nor a neSraniyyen (Christian ??) but he was hanifen (exactly, straight) Muslimen and he was not a person from Mushrikine.

Logical Result: Again in this verse Allah says Abraham was not Judaic nor Christian, he was a Muslim, he was not a Mushrik. So its again implied that Judaics and Christians are highlighted as Mushriks. 

The Turkish translation which I read translates the last part of the verse as "He was not also a Mushrikine." This is a wrong translation. There is no a word in the original source that means "also" and it causes complately a wrong translation because;

Original meaning without "also": He was not a Judaic, he was not a Christian, so he was not a Mushrik.

Wrong translation when you add "also": He was not a Judaic, he was not a Christian, he also was not a Mushrik. 

Another word is "Munafiq". 

This word is used the describe hypocrite persons. So they claim they are Muslims but they do things opposite to Islam. 

Information: Verse:4:67 >>> When Munafiqs stand up to pray, they do it unwillingly, they just do it to deceive people around them. 

Logical Result: Munafiqs are the persons who claims of being Muslim but in fact they just acts like they are Muslims.

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Before you claim something, please just spend some of your time to investigate about it. Shape your life yourself, use your own brain instead of repeating samethings told by others just because of its OK with your expectations. So you "want" to have a word in Quran that insult black people and you copy-paste anything as long as it fits with your expectations, without searching about it. 

The word which you try to give a meaning as "negro" is Arabic word "abd". It have nothing with black people or negro or something black or whatever, even it does not exactly mean "slave" as its translated in English. 

"Abd" mostly used for persons who devotes their life in the way of Islam, who worships to Allah, who devotes their life to Allah, so its a term mostly used to describe Muslims.  

Do you have any other questions ? 

8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

No thanks. Being a slave to a myth is more a Muslim thing.

I am the slave of truth and  justice and I am proud of it. Allahu Akbar. 

and you are the slave of evil and your ego. Its more a kafir thing.

;)

Edited by Altai

19 minutes ago, Altai said:

I am the slave of truth and  justice and I am proud of it. Allahu Akbar. 

and you are the slave of evil and your ego. Its more a kafir thing.

;)

The Quran is full of Islam sticking it to the vile kafir for not towing the line and causing fitnah.

What's the penalty for that again under Islamic Law?

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Quran is full of Islam sticking it to the vile kafir for not towing the line and causing fitnah.

What's the penalty for that again under Islamic Law?

Do you not see the kafir on yourself ? You are really a perfect example for it. For example you falsely claimed that there is a word in Quran that calls black people as slaves. Then I proved its wrong and still you said "no it means negro slaves". So you reject any fact as long as it does not fit with your personal ego. You read articles written by persons like you and obeyin your evil without questioning it just because its OK with your expectations. 

I hope one day in the future you get rid of the evil in your mind.

3 hours ago, Altai said:

Do you not see the kafir on yourself ? You are really a perfect example for it. For example you falsely claimed that there is a word in Quran that calls black people as slaves. Then I proved its wrong and still you said "no it means negro slaves". So you reject any fact as long as it does not fit with your personal ego. You read articles written by persons like you and obeyin your evil without questioning it just because its OK with your expectations. 

I hope one day in the future you get rid of the evil in your mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

39 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Abid/Abeed (plural)
(Middle East and North Africa) an Arabic term for slave, often used as a racial slur against black Africans and is associated with the Arab slave trade.[4]

This is true, I see there are verses in Quran "abd" is used exactly to mean "slave" but as I said it does not mean something black. Its a general term for slaves. You claimed that its a term only used for black people. For example war captives are also called with the same name and most of captives were Arabs, not black persons. 

Just now, Altai said:

Abid/Abeed (plural)
(Middle East and North Africa) an Arabic term for slave, often used as a racial slur against black Africans and is associated with the Arab slave trade.[4]

This is true, I see there are verses in Quran "abd" is used exactly to mean "slave" but as I said it does not mean something black. Its a general term for slaves. You claimed that its a term only used for black people. For example war captives are also called with the same name and most of captives were Arabs, not black persons. 

You were proven wrong.

The Arabic language is as tribal as the culture that created it. Each word has a trail of relatives with the same 3 letter cluster of consonants as its root. Use any word in Arabic and a host of uninvited meanings barge into the conversation.

For example:

One of the words for "woman" is hormah. It comes from the same root as the words for "holy" and "sacrosanct". But also the root words for "sinful" and "forbidden".

See the problem?

The word for "mother", umm, is the root words for "source", "nation", "rich harvest".  But it is also the root word for "stupid", "illiterate", weak of character" and "without opinion".

Words in Arabic are wonderfully ambiguous.

See the problem?

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You were proven wrong.

You are proven wrong two times in a row and you still deny the fact. You said Arabic word "abd" means "negro" and you gave  a link where the word "abd" mostly used to describe Muslims. 

Then you kept claiming the word used for negro and slave is the same thing in Arabic, despite its mostly used to describe Muslims or war captives.

Finally you gave me your source where its told that "The Arabic word 'abd' is used against African people as a racial slur." 

So when I say you are an idiot, it have nothing with what skin color you have, you are simply an idiot. The word "idiot" used to describe any idiot regardless of their background. When I call a black person "idiot", it does not mean that only black people are idiot and you are not an idiot. 

Can you understand ? :lol:

Edited by Altai