6-foot boa constrictor found hiding in attic

betsy

This gave me the creeps since I hate reptiles.  Especially snakes!  Check out the video.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/11/family-discovers-6-foot-boa-constrictor-had-been-living-in-their-attic-for-years/

That snake could've easily got into the house!  Remember the two kids in a bedroom killed by a python?  Imagine unknowingly  living with that thing for years.  It's scary enough to have me turning on the light.

Note: this topic belongs in this section? Yes or no?

Edited by betsy

How is this topic "arts and culture"?   Are you seriously this challenged when it comes to knowing where you should post things, or are you just really bored and trolling?

Maybe this topic is just too stupid to post anywhere on MLW....

Edited by The_Squid
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

How is this topic "arts and culture"?   Are you seriously this challenged when it comes to knowing where you should post things, or are you just really bored and trolling?

I think you should run on over to Smallc's new website and report on this in a thread titled "thread drift". That would be a scoop. As you are well aware (since you post there) not so kind comments are made about a number of MLW posters. And to think you and members on that site would not be aware that those insults would get back to MLW members. Now I ask you, who are the children and the "mentally challenged", as you put it?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, capricorn said:

I think you should run on over to Smallc's new website and report on this in a thread titled "thread drift"

Pleas quote any post of mine there that insults any member from here.   Please copy it to this topic.

A few posts were taken down because they were blatant trolling.

Just now, The_Squid said:

Pleas quote any post of mine there that insults any member from here.   Please copy it to this topic.

No.  Do NOT quote any post here, there or anywhere that insults...... blah blah blah....... Blah blah blah...... 

21 hours ago, capricorn said:

I think you should run on over to Smallc's new website and report on this in a thread titled "thread drift". That would be a scoop. As you are well aware (since you post there) not so kind comments are made about a number of MLW posters. And to think you and members on that site would not be aware that those insults would get back to MLW members. Now I ask you, who are the children and the "mentally challenged", as you put it?

Right on...   I wonder if our moderator here knows that a certain poster thinks he's 'bat sh.t crazy'   

Right out of the gate that sea creature starts trashing the thread...   go figure.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to see that this thread was revived.

Now, with regard to the thread topic, I am particularly averse to anything that slithers within 2 feet of me regardless of its size. I vividly recall when I was a young girl going with my mother to collect wild blueberries encountering a grass snake. My mother had brought with her a broom  (to this day I still don't know why) and I can recall seeing her trying to swat that thing with all her might. The harmless snake got away no doubt scared to death of this human swatting it for no possible reason. That cured my desire to go picking wild berries in the country.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scribblet said:

I would freak if I ran into one,  we see grass snakes up north now and then and other types in Florida...   That family was darned lucky it didn't get into the house.

And you have to ask yourself, is that a grass snake or a baby boa constrictor. I mean, who would know the difference?

On 9/8/2017 at 7:46 PM, The_Squid said:

Maybe, you ought to re-visit the General Discussion thread (page 3) in Support section -  and try to understand why this topic is posted here.  You were in that discussion - so the whole thing must've sailed  over your  head.  Here, I simply followed the advice of CA:

Charles

Put them wherever you want and at the bottom of your post, ask the membership for their opinion and we will see what happens.  

betsy

Okay.  Let's try it.  Let's do the boa since it was in the news not too long ago.

Actually, this topic had been simultaneously posted in two other sections - they're understandably taken down now.  You missed those, too?  

Since you need some special treatment in order to get, let me explain this to you as simply as I can  - 

this is supposed to be a mock-topic,

to try to justify the need for a General Discussion section.

And, FYI ....your initial reaction had proven my point!    smiley.gif 

Hey Charles, see what happens when a topic is misplaced?  It's like the whole world suddenly shifted for a  poster, and he flew off the handle, having a fit.......which kinda reminds me of some autistic kids I've handled.  :lol: 

We obviously need a General Discussion section! We don't want anyone having a heart attack now, do we?

Now, let's get back to the topic.

Edited by betsy

It's also news stories of a snakes getting in through the toilet that's creeping me out!   Just look at this!

Woman finds mystery snake in her bathroom at 3 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/woman-finds-mystery-snake-in-her-bathroom-at-3-a-m-1.2617355

It was a python!

Snakes found in Toronto toilet, wall

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/snakes-found-in-toronto-toilet-wall-1.1036261

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, betsy said:

It's also news stories of a snakes getting in through the toilet that's creeping me out!   Just look at this!

When we leave our mobile in Florida in April, we have to drain the toilet then cover it with saran wrap in order to keep out snakes and so on.   It has happened that they come up through the pipes...    (speaking of the mobile, crossing our fingers and hoping it will still be there by next week)

21 minutes ago, scribblet said:

When we leave our mobile in Florida in April, we have to drain the toilet then cover it with saran wrap in order to keep out snakes and so on.   It has happened that they come up through the pipes...    (speaking of the mobile, crossing our fingers and hoping it will still be there by next week)

Me and reptiles.......golf courses with alligators,  have you ever had a close encounter with a gator?

Edited by betsy

50 minutes ago, betsy said:

Me and reptiles.......golf courses with alligators,  have you ever had a close encounter with a gator?

Not up close and personal but we have a family in the park pond, see lots of them in the preserves and other areas.  There are also those pygmy snakes, nasty critters.