A Black got killed, Burn Orientals!

betsy

14 minutes ago, betsy said:

Anyway....you're losing it, Michael.   How is urging you to review our exchanges, not positive?

You're being negative - you see negative in everything, right now. 

Nope.  You're misreading me.  I'm not even arguing you right now because I don't know what you were trying to say about my point, which again is:

These types of discussions, ie. discussions with people who opposite immigration/multicultural policy, have a bright side (for everyone) in that they increase political engagement.  

So no argument yet.  I don't see how you could dispute my statement.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Read the first line of my post.  "Finally admit... what?" refers to Betsy saying I agreed with her saying this:

"You can't say it's the "bright side,"  if you don't know whether they're learning the system in a positive way!:

And you reluctantly  agreed to that, by saying this:

Michael H.

I suppose so, but I can only assume that people are not planning to subvert the system and undermine it.  If such people are such patriots, then it doesn't make sense that they would do that.

I suppose so = I reluctantly agree,

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/i-suppose-so

Edited by betsy

11 minutes ago, betsy said:

I was thinking of illegal immigrants who fight deportation judgements against them.  Exhausting appeals, and some end up going underground when all appeals have been exhausted.

They're illegally here in the first place.  And, they're fighting to jump the line.  We even pay for that! 

Ok, thanks.  I get it now, and no I wouldn't try to argue with you that there's a bright side there.

11 minutes ago, betsy said:

Yes, there's an impact on others.  Foreigners who follow the normal procedures of applying, patiently waiting in line.  Why should an illegal get to exhaust appeals, when he shouldn't be here in the first place?

Agreed, generally.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

But that statement refers to people ('they') challenging policies (immigration/multicultural policies) in a positive way, which is what Betsy herself wants to do.  So she's saying I 'finally admitted' that I only assumed people like HER would engage the system in a positive way.

Y

This isn't the first time you brought up my being non-white, MH.

What's my being an immigrant -got to do with this?  Does it matter if I'm non-white taking the stance that isn't in-lined with your pre-concieved notions that all non-white wouldn't be thinking the way I do - thus you poke my skin color?

I resent your racist insinuation....and you've got such a narrow-minded view if you think there are no ethnic people who are right-wing!

That's the thing about the left wing.  They're usually the ones who are racists. 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Just now, betsy said:

This isn't the first time you brought up my being non-white, MH.

I meant people like you, ie. people who disagree with multiculturalism, as I explained in the past few posts.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

What's my being an immigrant -got to do with this?  Does it matter if I'm non-white taking the stance that isn't in-lined with your pre-concieved notions that all non-white wouldn't be thinking the way I do - thus you poke my skin color?

I resent you racist insinuation....and you've got such a narrow-minded view if you think there are no ethnic people who are right-wing!

No.  To be honest I forgot you identified as non-white and -again- I was talking about people who oppose immigration/multicultural policies.

Lots of 'ethnic' people are right wing.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

That's the thing about the left wing.  They're usually the ones who are racists. 

Sorry to offend you, but as I have said this was a misunderstanding about what we were discussing.

All clear now.

• Like 1