ISIS attack in Barcelona, Spain

capricorn

The ISIS campaign against the free world continues unabated.  ISIS appears to favour touristic areas in major cities. It's heartwarming to see that free people don't cower to this threat and continue to enjoy their freedom.

At least 13 people have died and 80 were injured after a van ploughed into crowds in Barcelona's famous Las Ramblas tourist area, police and local officials say.

The vehicle sped along the pedestrian area, mowing down people and sending others fleeing for cover.

Police are treating the incident as terrorism.

The head of the Catalan region said two people had been arrested over the attack.

Spanish media are reporting another suspect died in a shootout. El Mundo newspaper said the shootout happened in Sant Just Lesvern, on the outskirts of the city.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40965581

• Like 1

Lets stick with the standard reaction; march hand in hand   in streets and shout things like "we will not be afraid" or "we will be united" or something else similar and to make it nice lets light some public buildings this time with the Spanish flag.

• Like 3

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the van attack in Barcelona that officials say killed 12 people and injured many others.

A statement carried by the extremist group's media arm -- the Aamaq news agency -- says Thursday's attack was carried out by "soldiers of the Islamic State."

It says the attack was in response to IS calls for its followers to target countries participating in the coalition trying to drive the extremist group from Syria and Iraq.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/latest-updates-from-barcelona-isis-group-claims-responsibility-for-attack-1.3550281

Yeah, yeah, we know, you want to convert us to your murderous ideology. Read my lips: "You will not succeed."

5 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I guess it's fortunate that these guys are only using vehicles that are not loaded with explosives. 

These new tactics make terrorist attacks easier. You only need to rent a van instead of knowing how to build a bomb. It's difficult to track people that are simply renting vehicles. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

These new tactics make terrorist attacks easier. You only need to rent a van instead of knowing how to build a bomb. It's difficult to track people that are simply renting vehicles. 

I can see that point. Vans/trucks have been the weapon of choice as of lately. 

57 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Lets stick with the standard reaction; march hand in hand   in streets and shout things like "we will not be afraid" or "we will be united" or something else similar and to make it nice lets light some public buildings this time with the Spanish flag.

You forgot political leaders racing down to local mosques to get their pictures taken while solemnly proclaiming the attack had nothing to do with Islam.

• Like 1

Spain is not actually involved in the fight against ISIS but world Islamists have long considered Spain to be properly a Muslim country. Much of it was conquered by Muslims and it took 700 years for the last of them to be pushed into the sea by the Spanish. Of course, that was over a thousand years ago, but Islamists believe that once a nation is ruled by Islam it must always be ruled by Islam. The descendants of the Moroccans forced out of Spain back in the 15th century are still demanding they be permitted to return, given Spanish citizenship, and be compensated for property their ancestors held.

• Like 1

At least this time the Spanish government didn't try to blame ETA for the attack as was the case in the 2004 Madrid train-bombs. An attempt which led to the defeat of the government in the election held three days later. Prior to the bombimgs the government was well ahead in the polls.

2 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Yes well said my friend,  this seems to be solving the issue pretty well.

23 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes well said my friend,  this seems to be solving the issue pretty well.

If any country  went in and took out ISIS what would your reaction be?   Are you prepared to call out Muslim extremist terrorism and who is funding it and support what it would take to wipe it out?  Get real. . because if you do...the  answers and solutions to effectively disengaging such terrorists   probably won't be to your liking.

Of course these attacks will continue. Who will stop them? You?  Your Prime Minister who pays 10.5 million to a terrorist and panders to Muslim extremists to get their vote? 

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rue said:

If any country  went in and took out ISIS what would be your reaction?  You going to call out Muslim extremist terrorism and who is funding it?  Come on. You expect anything but lip service from the EU or the UN or for that matter you and the government you elected?

You really want to go there? Because if you do...the  answers and solutions to effectively disengaging  probably won't be to your liking. You live in a country that apologizes to terrorists and makes them millionaires and calls them victims. You think that's a country prepared to do what it takes to get rid of terrorism?

For God's sakes man, we have soldiers returning from Afghanistan being placed in a state of poverty and getting less benefits than illegal migrants and a terrorist and his family that now sit in Canada pissing on our values and laughing at us.

Look around man at the next generation who take their freedom for granted and engage in leftist apologist horse shit about the cause and origins of terrorism.

Not sure if you realize it or not but I was being sarcastic.  Tears aren't enough, we need to defeat the bastards.

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I guess it's fortunate that these guys are only using vehicles that are not loaded with explosives. 

Why did you come on this thread and make that comment?  You came on this forum with a bunch of other  individuals apologizing and defending Kadr for what he did. Now you think in the next breath your opinion on a terrorist attack counts? 

Whether one dies or 200 die, its terrorism and its unfortunate.

I deleted my other comments.

Edited by Rue

11 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Not sure if you realize it or not but I was being sarcastic.  Tears aren't enough, we need to defeat the bastards.

I was being rhetorical. Not meant as an attack but a challenge to you and anyone else including me. You individually are not the issue.  We all have to be prepared to do some things none of us may not like to defeat this. Sorry. I say a lot of intense shit over such topics but not meant at you directly. I should have used the word we not you. Apologize.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, BubbleGumYum said:

I've seen a video of the attacks on Facebook that has literally turned my stomach. My god, it was bad. How can people be so vile and hateful?

Barcelona is in my thoughts and prayers.

It's called fanaticism. It produces a distance from those you kill, an ability to divorce yourself from human empathy.

On the plus side, the Spanish police shot dead five suicide bombers in Cambrils before they got a chance to martyr themselves.  The bomb squad is going to  detonate the belts in controlled explosions. 

It makes you kinda wish they aren't quite dead yet...

Well done by the policeman:

" The hero police officer who shot dead four terrorists as they attacked pedestrians with an axe and knives in Cambrils, Spain, is a former soldier, it emerged on Sunday.

The married officer, who is not being identified for his own protection, served with the Spanish army's elite infantry unit the Legion and was working overtime when the attack started.

He received extensive firearms training during his time at the Legion, including the use of rifles, machine guns and pistols.

The Cambrils Police Department was pictured applauding the officer for his duties on Thursday

--snip--

The jihadis ploughed an Audi A3 into pedestrians on a promenade before crashing into a police checkpoint - overturning the vehicle and injuring one officer, who suffered a broken leg. The terrorists then jumped out armed with an axe and knives.

Using his army training and experience, the officer pulled his weapon and shot dead four of them, probably saving dozens of lives.

--snip--

El Mundo newspaper described the officer as being 'very quiet, not the Rambo prototype of an elite officer'.

--snip--

A police source said: 'He's a quiet man who does not consider himself a hero. He says he was just doing his job. But the truth is he saved a great many lives.'

The hero police officer who shot dead four terrorists as they attacked pedestrians with an axe and knives in Cambrils, Spain, is a former soldier, it emerged on Sunday.

The married officer, who is not being identified for his own protection, served with the Spanish army's elite infantry unit the Legion and was working overtime when the attack started.

He received extensive firearms training during his time at the Legion, including the use of rifles, machine guns and pistols.

The Cambrils Police Department was pictured applauding the officer for his duties on Thursday

--snip--

The jihadis ploughed an Audi A3 into pedestrians on a promenade before crashing into a police checkpoint - overturning the vehicle and injuring one officer, who suffered a broken leg. The terrorists then jumped out armed with an axe and knives.

Using his army training and experience, the officer pulled his weapon and shot dead four of them, probably saving dozens of lives.

--snip--

El Mundo newspaper described the officer as being 'very quiet, not the Rambo prototype of an elite officer'.

--snip--

A police source said: 'He's a quiet man who does not consider himself a hero. He says he was just doing his job. But the truth is he saved a great many lives.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4806658/Pictured-soldier-gunned-jihadis-Cambrils.html#comments