In This Time Of Turmoil.......

betsy

Speaking of dancing.......re-posting my testimony:

I, too, was dancing for God when I had that "God-moment" - my heart swelled up with joy - in a crescending manner - that I thought it would burst. But there was no fear! When things subsided, I had to sit down and marvelled at what just happened there.

Literally, that filling sensation like it would burst - you'd think I might have been having a heart attack or something.  But it was that feeling of tremendous joy that reassured me!  It's hard to describe and explain  that feeling of joy. 

There was no fear at all! 

Edited by betsy

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Speaking of dancing.......re-posting my testimony:

I, too, was dancing for God when I had that "God-moment" - my heart swelled up with joy - in a crescending manner - that I thought it would burst. But there was no fear! When things subsided, I had to sit down and marvelled at what just happened there.

Next you will be handling rattlesnakes.

5 hours ago, hot enough said:

The world sure does need a god, if there was one he would mightily smite the USA, the sole cause of all this world wide turmoil, with the assistance of the ever war criminal UK, Australia, Canada and some other hangers on. 

I don't think what anyone said would make any difference to you.  You have your blinders on.  Why don't you read some history books about the world?  The world always has had different nations and empires taking control of different areas by force.  It is nothing unique to western countries.  You had the Islamic empire.  Also Genghis Ghan (not spelled correctly) who conquered all of Asia, and was moving into Europe.  You had the Naziis that had all of Europe for only a few years.  The Russians had the USSR which fell apart.  You seem to think it is unique to the U.S. and the west to use force in the world.  It's been happening for thousands of years everywhere.  That's just how the world has been.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hot enough said:

The world sure does need a god, if there was one he would mightily smite the USA, the sole cause of all this world wide turmoil, with the assistance of the ever war criminal UK, Australia, Canada and some other hangers on. 

Most of the global turmoil happening right now are caused by Islamists. 

Mind you, for all we know..... Islamists could be part of the Great Tribulation, which is prophesied in the Bible.

In the futurist view of Christian eschatology, the Tribulation is a relatively short period of time where everyone will experience worldwide hardships, disasters, famine, war, pain, and suffering, which will wipe out more than 75% of all life on the earth before the Second Coming takes place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Tribulation

13 hours ago, hot enough said:

Way before there was America.........there was already Islam! big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

On Islamic Violence: Forget the Koran, Look to History

Consider some facts, attested to by both Muslim and non-Muslim primary historic sources: A mere decade after the birth of Islam in the 7th century, the jihad burst out of Arabia. 

In just a few decades, Muslims had permanently conquered what was then two-thirds of the Christian world.  The heart of the Muslim world today—nations like Egypt, Syria, all of North Africa, Turkey and more—were, in the 7th century, the heart of Christendom.

Thereafter it was a continuous war on Christian Europe. 

Among other nations and territories that were attacked and/or came under Muslim domination throughout the centuries are (to give them their modern names and in no particular order): Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Sicily, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Russia, Poland, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Lithuania, Romania, Albania, Serbia, Armenia, Georgia, Crete, Cyprus, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Belarus, Malta, Sardinia, Moldova, Slovakia, and Montenegro.

Less than three decades after the traditional date of Islam’s founding (622), three of the five original Christian centers (“sees”) founded by the apostles—in Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem—were forever swallowed up by Islam; the fourth, Constantinople, valiantly resisted the Islamic onslaught for centuries, but was finally conquered in the name of Islam in 1453.  Though sacked and burned by Muslims as early as 846, only distant Rome—the Vatican, fifth of the ancient Christian sees—remained unconquered.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263785/islamic-violence-forget-koran-look-history-raymond-ibrahim

Fast forward to present times - nothing has changed.   Facts are facts

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

I don't think what anyone said would make any difference to you.  You have your blinders on.  Why don't you read some history books about the world?  The world always has had different nations and empires taking control of different areas by force.  It is nothing unique to western countries.  You had the Islamic empire.  Also Genghis Ghan (not spelled correctly) who conquered all of Asia, and was moving into Europe.  You had the Naziis that had all of Europe for only a few years.  The Russians had the USSR which fell apart.  You seem to think it is unique to the U.S. and the west to use force in the world.  It's been happening for thousands of years everywhere.  That's just how the world has been.

"The Russians had the USSR", perish the thought!!! Why would the Russian people be allowed to hold their own lands, shocking!!?

Your analysis is totally specious. No one is concerned about ancient history, for Christ's sakes, we are talking about post WWII where Nuremberg established what are war crimes. The Nazis paid for their war crimes, as did the Japanese and others. The US established the principle that the poisoned chalice handed to the Nazis ALSO had to pass to the lips of the Americans. It never has. Over 70 illegal invasions since WWII, tens of millions murdered, the USA is much worse than the Nazis or the Russians because those folks are the bad guys while the US is supposed to be the good guys, WHICH they have never been. 

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Most of the global turmoil happening right now are caused by Islamists. 

Mind you, for all we know..... Islamists could be part of the Great Tribulation, which is prophesied in the Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Tribulation

Your evidence is always nonexistent, Betsy, except for,

In the futurist view of Christian scatology ... . 

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Way before there was America.........there was already Islam!

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263785/islamic-violence-forget-koran-look-history-raymond-ibrahim

Fast forward to present times - nothing has changed.   Facts are facts

Your silly emoticons are so childish, as are your posts. You quote a racist, wacky far right source from David Horowitz. 

No one cares about ancient history. There are no fucking laws that come from those times that determine international law of today. 

The US/UK/... illegally invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, ... all based on lies, the same lies that you often put forward, murdering millions. The US planned a genocide against the Iraqi people in the 1990s, they knew full well the number of deaths their evil machinations would cause and over half a million children died. 

There is no evil in the world that comes close to these barbarians. 

4 hours ago, hot enough said:

Your silly emoticons are so childish, as are your posts. You quote a racist, wacky far right source from David Horowitz. 

You're silly. 

No one cares about ancient history.

That's why I say you're silly. :lol:

There are no fucking laws that come from those times that determine international law of today. 

You were talking about turmoil.....

19 hours ago, hot enough said:

What's law got to do with it? 

If you're getting invaded and slaughtered because you're not a Muslim - laws or not - you think there'll be a difference between then and now in how'd  you feel about that?  

If there were no laws against murder, are you saying you'll welcome getting murdered?  Or, you wouldn't feel any anger if anyone kills your son or any loved one?

smiley.gif

Now surely, you understand why my replies to you are mostly loaded with laughing emoticons!  You've earned them.  You give laughable responses!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Here's the kind of Christian I could like and respect.   

Christian Political Agenda: Practical & Theological Reasons to Stay Engaged in Politics

Let me be clear. Politics is not the most important thing in life. Just being the church, living out day by day what it means to be a faithful disciple of Jesus is more important than politics. But politics is still important.

Politics in this election cycle has already proven to be exceedingly nasty, vicious, dishonest, and depressing. So many good Christians conclude: We should just forget about politics.

That, I believe, is a huge mistake for two reasons: one practical, one theological.

He goes on to discuss several key issues, saying that Christians need to avoid being one-issue voters and to pay attention when "pro-life" politicians fail to support pro-life policies beyond abortion.

11 hours ago, dialamah said:

Here's the kind of Christian I could like and respect.  

:rolleyes:

Irrelevant.

This is not about what kind of Christian you can respect or like. This is not about you!  Create your own thread if you want us to discuss your preferences.

This is about people....people turning to God, in times of turmoil.  Some of them could even be atheists who reached out to God! 

I never assume that people crying out "Oh God....Oh God...." at a time of extreme duress, are all Christians.

This thread is actually a thread of faith, glorification, praise, worship and thanksgiving.  In so many ways, by different people.

Edited by betsy

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

Only a fake Christian would object to a non-believer posting a link to an admirable Christian in a topic about celebrating faith.   

Don't be silly. 

I posted along the context of your previous post (and my response to it).  I didn't bother reading your link, because of your off-topic intro to it.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:26 AM, betsy said:

What's law got to do with it? 

If you're getting invaded and slaughtered because you're not a Muslim - laws or not - you think there'll be a difference between then and now in how'd  you feel about that?  

If there were no laws against murder, are you saying you'll welcome getting murdered?  Or, you wouldn't feel any anger if anyone kills your son or any loved one?

International law has everything to do with it, Betsy, the christian. It should be what defines all of us. 

Your theoretical piece of arrant nonsense has no basis in reality. It's like your silly emoticons.

It's the Muslim countries that have been invaded, illegally according to international law by the USA/UK/Canada/Australia/... with millions murdered. 

Why did you ignore the planned US genocide against the Iraqi people in the 1990s? That is no different than the Holocaust, both were planned genocides against innocent men, women and children. 

On 9/30/2017 at 5:05 AM, betsy said:

Way before there was America.........there was already Islam! 

Since America, and before, there was American genocide against Native Americans that continues to this day. There was the Americans lying their asses off pretending a god had given them "manifest destiny" to steal, rape and pillage the planet. It too continues to this day. 

There was the Americans lying, starting wars, always starting wars, peaceful folks that they are, stealing land from their neighbors, the Mexican people. And of course, all this time stealing the land of Native Americans by killing them off, moving the in planned genocidal fashion, slaughtering the buffalo, their entire way of life - that is genocide. 

No Islamic country has been at war for 93% of its time in existence - the USA has!!

And that's just Part A. There is still Parts B, C, D, ... . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 4:44 PM, hot enough said:

International law has everything to do with it, Betsy, the christian. It should be what defines all of us. 

Your theoretical piece of arrant nonsense has no basis in reality. It's like your silly emoticons.

It's the Muslim countries that have been invaded, illegally according to international law by the USA/UK/Canada/Australia/... with millions murdered. 

Why did you ignore the planned US genocide against the Iraqi people in the 1990s? That is no different than the Holocaust, both were planned genocides against innocent men, women and children. 

I just read on one of my so-called fake news websites that a muslim father shot his daughter in the head and killed her for showing disrespect to the muslim religion and it's laws and teachings of Islam. Too late now to teach her a lesson? She is dead now.

Just thought I would mention that. I guess that we can blame America for that, eh?  

Source: RightEdition. 

• Like 1