Would JT call "Breast Ironing" Barbaric?

Boges

Should we respect this "Cultural" Ritual? 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hundreds-british-mums-breast-ironing-7726899

Hundreds of British mums are "breast-ironing" their daughters using rocks, hammers and spatulas - with an MP now calling for the practice to be made a criminal offence.

It is thought more than 1,000 women across the UK have been subjected to the barbaric ritual.

The sickening act is commonplace in parts of Africa, but those at the ­frontline of child protection say it is also happening in African communities in the UK.

It has now resulted Conservative MP Jake Berry calling for "breast-ironing" to be made a criminal offence.

The ritual involves pounding the breasts as soon as they begin to develop with objects that have been heated over hot coals. Some women use rocks, others hammers and spatulas.

These Cultural practices whether they be FGM or even wearing a Hijab/Niqab/Burqa have only one goal, to remove a women's femininity and to make them less sexualized.

Any attempt for a Western Cultural Institution to do things like this wouldn't ever be tolerated but we have our PM that refuses to call such acts that subjugate women barbaric. 

Why can't we call a spade a spade?  

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

Whether you are pro-immigration or anti-immigration, this is barbarism plain and simple.  The fact that certain people refuse to call "a spade a spade" doesn't change that.  If immigrants themselves aren't willing to PUBLICLY denounce these kind of caveman-like actions, then they absolutely deserve to wear the names and stereotypes that are foisted upon them.  In the west, we call this torture.  And psychotic.  And cruel.  And anyone who is not an immigrant would be convicted and jailed for brutalizing children.  These are the types of people who are found to be in need of segregation in prison because even the inmates want them dead.

But we shouldn't say anything like that because........islamophobia.

Disgusting.

Edit:  After looking into this a little more, it seems that it is primarily African in nature and less prominent in areas that are muslim.  So much for me jumping to conclusions.

Breast ironing is less common in the nation's north (7%), where the population is primarily Muslim.

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/CEDAW/HarmfulPractices/GenderEmpowermentandDevelopment.pdf

Edited by Hydraboss
New info
  • Like 3

It was so sudden that all these conservatives developed this "sense of morality". 

Where were they when the US was planning it genocide against the Iraqi people in the 1990s? Where were they when Reagan's "freedom fighters" were slashing off womens' breasts in Nicaragua, skinnning people alive? 

Are you comfortable with these western barbaric practices, Hydraboss, Boges?

How about beheading people with thin piano wire? Is that more your style?

Edited by hot enough

21 minutes ago, Boges said:

How about you address the topic of the thread and not derail the thread about talking about the Iraqi War. 

I am addressing the thread. I am wondering why you all have gotten your panties in such a twist only just recently. Why are you so selective regarding these barbaric practices? 

8 hours ago, Hydraboss said:

Edit:  After looking into this a little more, it seems that it is primarily African in nature and less prominent in areas that are muslim.  So much for me jumping to conclusions.

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/CEDAW/HarmfulPractices/GenderEmpowermentandDevelopment.pdf

Nevertheless if it occurs in small numbers in muslim areas, it's still unacceptable and must be denounced.

9 hours ago, Hydraboss said:

No, cause out there they go for the genitals.

3 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

No, I'm sure the PM would approve of this....  in fact, he would probably have it done to his own daughter.... :rolleyes:   

What an ignorant OP.

I didn't imply the PM would approve of it. 

I asked if he'd label it as barbaric since he refused to label FGM as barbaric. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I didn't imply the PM would approve of it. 

I asked if he'd label it as barbaric since he refused to label FGM as barbaric. 

I'm sure he thinks it's great... :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, hot enough said:

It was so sudden that all these conservatives developed this "sense of morality". 

We've always had it.  It's just that progressives like to denounce it as "god bothering" or "......ism" or "......phobia".  Apparently, loudly denouncing brutality and disgustingly barbaric acts against women and children makes us "intolerant of other cultures".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hydraboss said:

We've always had it.

Dog doo!. Your anti-Muslim can be traced directly to specific US policies/lies/illegal invasions/false flag events/... .

Never from you supporters of evil has there been a condemnation of the myriad war crimes and terrorism of the US/UK. Don't Nicaraguan women's breasts matter when they are slashed off? Isn't their skin as important as that of some distant people's that you don't care the least about except to use it as rank propaganda in your current campaign against the US boogeyman du jour. 

Edited by hot enough

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Your anti-Muslim can be traced directly to specific

My "anti-muslim" can be traced to no such thing.  If you want to trace it correctly, follow the breadcrumbs back to when the Canadian government started allowing and condoning, by not denouncing, some of the really brutal "cultural customs" of people who don't respect "Canadian values".  It has nothing to do with your all encompassing hatred for all things American.

I happen to like America.  I happen to want to transfer there to live and be a part of a country that has some pride in itself and some balls to back up their actions.

As for breast ironing, I'm not sure what any talk about the US has to do with it.  I haven't seen any stories published about it happening there....at all.  Have you?  Can you make a cohesive argument that it has?  That they support it?  If not, conversation about the greatest country on Earth likely doesn't belong in this thread.

32 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

As for breast ironing, I'm not sure what any talk about the US has to do with it.  I haven't seen any stories published about it happening there....at all.  Have you?  Can you make a cohesive argument that it has?  That they support it?  If not, conversation about the greatest country on Earth likely doesn't belong in this thread.

You have to be blind, no reply necessary, for I know you are and if you haven't ever seen this, there are plenty of your cohorts who could remind you that the US does all these things, as a matter of course, in their terrorist actions/their war crimes against the peoples of the world.

The following is but one tiny example of the same things the US has done all over the world to innocent people.

The Secret Wars of the CIA
Excerpts from a talk by John Stockwell

INTRODUCTION

John Stockwell is a 13-year veteran of the CIA and a former U.S. Marine Corps major. He was hired by the CIA in 1964, spent six years working for the CIA in Africa, and was later transferred to Vietnam. In 1973 he received the CIA's Medal of Merit, the Agency's second-highest award. In 1975, Stockwell was promoted to the CIA's Chief of Station and National Security Council coordinator, managing covert activities during the first years of Angola's bloody civil war. After two years he resigned, determined to reveal the truth about the agency's role in the Third World. Since that time, he has worked tirelessly to expose the criminal activities of the CIA. He is the author of In Search of Enemies, an exposé of the CIA's covert action in Angola.

Stockwell is a founding member of Peaceways and ARDIS (the Association for Responsible Dissent), an organization of former CIA and Government officials who are openly critical of the CIA's activities. His latest book is entitled The Praetorian Guard: The U.S. Role in the New World Order.

Systematically, the Contras have been assassinating religious workers, teachers, health workers, elected officials, government administrators. Remember the "Assassination Manual" that surfaced in 1984? It caused such a stir that President Reagan had to address it himself in the presidential debates with Walter Mondale. They use terror to traumatize society so that it cannot function.

I don't mean to abuse you with verbal violence, but you have to understand what your Government and its agents are doing.

They go into villages. They haul out families. With the children forced to watch, they castrate the father. They peel the skin off his face. They put a grenade in his mouth, and pull the pin. With the children forced to watch, they gang-rape the mother, and slash her breasts off. And sometimes, for variety, they make the parents watch while they do these things to the children.

This is nobody's propaganda !

There have been over a hundred thousand American "Witnesses for Peace" who've gone down there, and they have filmed and photographed and witnessed these atrocities immediately after they've happened, and documented thirteen thousand people killed this way -- mostly women and children.

These are the activites done by the Contras. The Contras are the people President Reagan called "freedom fighters." He said: "They are the moral equivalent of our founding fathers."

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/stock1.html

On 2017-07-26 at 6:07 PM, hot enough said:

Where were they when the US was planning it genocide against the Iraqi people in the 1990s? Where were they when Reagan's "freedom fighters" were slashing off womens' breasts in Nicaragua, skinnning people alive? 

Are you comfortable with these western barbaric practices, Hydraboss, Boges?

How about beheading people with thin piano wire? Is that more your style?

Do you condemn this "breast ironing" practice or not?

• Like 1

It's the Mirror. If that is happening, it is already illegal for there is no way that the UK doesn't have laws against child abuse. I'll hold comment until there's more information from reliable sources. I couldn't even read the article. 

Do you condemn slashing off of breasts, skinning people alive, illegal invasions, the US war crimes, the US terrorism, the US death squads, beheading people,  the US/UK planned slaughter of a half million Iraqi children, another half million adults in the 1990s, ... ? 

10 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Do you condemn slashing off of breasts, skinning people alive, illegal invasions, the US war crimes, the US terrorism, the US death squads, beheading people,  the US/UK planned slaughter of a half million Iraqi children, another half million adults in the 1990s, ... ? 

Yes.

And I agree there should already be laws against child abuse in the UK, a new law isn't really necessary.