Why Trust the Bible?

betsy

Just now, TTM said:

So I'll ask again, since the flood option is off the table (unless it was a magic flood) do you think modern human bones and other remnants (tools, paintings, etc.) older than 6000 years were hidden there by God?

Personally I don't think there were human bones and tools etc older than 6000 years in existence.  Some of those so-called pre-historic men were found to be fake.  Such as the so-called Piltdown man.   What some paleontologist have apparently done is find a tooth or such and from that draw a jaw, then the rest of the skull and create a pre-historic man.  Then later people found out the tooth was actually from an ape.  That sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What for?  Creation scientists and others don't accept the old earth concept anyway.

Correct. In fact, don't Creationist insist that the Earth is the centre of the Universe?

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Their not alone in claiming antiquity.  Some natives in B.C. claim that they go back 10 or 15 thousand years I think.

While Hebrews were trying to figure out fire, the Chinese were well on their way to destroying their first Dynasty. 

:lol:

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Correct. In fact, don't Creationist insist that the Earth is the centre of the Universe?

I don't have details on that.  I believe Prof Stott believes the earth is the centre.  It's called geocentricity.  I don't necessarily believe that.  That is only a theory I think.  Possibly only a small number of people believe that.  I don't really know the arguments in favour of it.

Just now, blackbird said:

I don't have details on that.  I believe Prof Stott believes the earth is the centre.  It's called geocentricity.  I don't necessarily believe that.  That is only a theory I think.  Possibly only a small number of people believe that.  I don't really know the arguments in favour of it.

He does.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

While Hebrews were trying to figure out fire, the Chinese were well on their way to destroying their first Dynasty. 

:lol:

I don't believe the claims that they go back 6,000 years.  They are descendents of Adam and Eve as well as everyone on earth.

I don't believe the claims that they go back 6,000 years.  They are descendents of Adam and Eve as well as everyone on earth.

Actually they'd all be decendants if Noah's family.  What year did the flood happen?

They are descendants of Adam and Eve as well as everyone on earth.

They don't believe what you believe.

I don't believe the claims that they go back 6,000 years. 

I'm sure they don't care. China's durability and greatness, as it were, is self-evident.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

They don't believe what you believe.

I'm sure they don't care. China's durability and greatness, as it were, is self-evident.

I'm just reading a new book, History of the World.  It goes back 2,000 years to talk about the history of China, but there is nothing mentioned three or four thousand years ago about China.  Nobody knows anything about a history that old for China.

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I'm just reading a new book, History of the World.  It goes back 2,000 years to talk about the history of China, but there is nothing mentioned three or four thousand years ago about China.  Nobody knows anything about a history that old for China.

"History" refers to events after the discovery of writing. "Prehistory" refers to events before writing.  Chinese history goes back a little over 4000 years.  The record of chinese "civilization" (agriculture, villages, etc.) goes back many thousands of years before that.

Edited by TTM
  • Like 1

Well the Chinese would like to think they created civilization.

but I don't think there's any purpose arguing science with someone who believes in absolute creationism.  If someone wants to think that man was planted on Earth like a geranium, always remember the expression about with whom one should never argue.  Seriously, this thread in my opinion is getting a little silly.  Au revoir.

10 hours ago, TTM said:

"History" refers to events after the discovery of writing. "Prehistory" refers to events before writing.  Chinese history goes back a little over 4000 years.  The record of chinese "civilization" (agriculture, villages, etc.) goes back many thousands of years before that.

Such claims may not be credible.  There has to be proof, not just claims.  If the flood happened between 4000 and 4500 years ago, then possibly some descendants dispersed to China after that, but where is the proof? 

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Such claims may not be credible.  There has to be proof, not just claims.  If the flood happened between 4000 and 4500 years ago, then possibly some descendants dispersed to China but where is the evidence?

Kangaroos are only found in Australia (naturally).

Why not Turkey where the Ark supposedly landed?

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Kangaroos are only found in Australia (naturally).

Why not Turkey where the Ark supposedly landed?

Maybe someone took some there after the flood.  There are aboriginal people in Australia, right?  How did they get there after the flood?

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Maybe someone took some there after the flood.  There are aboriginal people in Australia, right?  How did they get there after the flood?

I'm asking you.

If Kangaroos hopped from Turkey to Australia, why didn't any stop and stay along the way?