EVIDENCE FOR GOD

betsy

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

I believe the bible teaches us that God always existed.  The bible says God is a spirit.  The bible tells us God is eternal, omnipresent (exists everywhere), and omniscient (infinite in knowledge), and infinite in power.   He exists in a trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but as one God. 

Yes, but if he existed before the beginning, then that wasn't the beginning.

God doesn't save everyone.  That should be obvious.  He desires that all will be saved.  It is not wise to put off dealing with God and seeking salvation.  We don't know if we will even be alive tomorrow.  That's why the bible says "now is the accepted time. Now is the day of salvation."

Edited by blackbird

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

God is a person albeit divine.  He thinks, acts, etc.  So yes, it is possible to say or act against God.    

What do you mean western names?  It's not nonsensical.  It's not that complicated.  Why reject the chance of eternal life?  Life is short and we don't know if or when God will give us a chance to live forever with him.

If life is eternal why are you so gullible to believe some bs story created by dictators to make you think they have the controls toward the path to that eternal life? They hijacked you it seems and you let them do it.  

1 minute ago, Omni said:

If life is eternal why are you so gullible to believe some bs story created by dictators to make you think they have the controls toward the path to that eternal life? They hijacked you it seems and you let them do it.  

Not true.  There was no dictator involved.  God inspired men to write the bible under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.  These were not dictators.  They were ordinary men that God chose to use for this purpose.  The revelation of God was thereby given to men.  Ordinary men were chosen to be prophets, apostles, and disciples who then spread the message.  It is not bs.  It is God's written word we have today in the King James Authorized Version.  It tells the way of salvation.  What a person does with this message will be the most important decision in life.  It will determine where a person spends eternity.  Not trying to scare anyone but just passing the message along which God gave man in the bible.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Not true.  There was no dictator involved.  God inspired men to write the bible under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.  These were not dictators.  They were ordinary men that God chose to use for this purpose.  The revelation of God was thereby given to men.  Ordinary men were chosen to be prophets, apostles, and disciples who then spread the message.  It is not bs.  It is God's written word we have today in the King James Authorized Version.  It tells the way of salvation.  What a person does with this message will be the most important decision in life.  It will determine where a person spends eternity.  Not trying to scare anyone but just passing the message along which God gave man in the bible.

Apparently you got sucked in. Can you explain all the murders that followed this bible bullshit?

Just now, Omni said:

Apparently you got sucked in. Can you explain all the murders that followed this bible bullshit?

Murders happened from the beginning of man on earth.  It did not follow the bible.  The first murder is recorded in the bible in Genesis.  The bible is opposed to murder.  Jesus is opposed to it.  It cannot be blamed on the bible.  Ever since Adam and Eve rebelled against God, their descendents (us) were born with a fallen nature in rebellion against God. That is why there are murders, wars, crime, and hatred in the world.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Murders happened from the beginning of man on earth.  It did not follow the bible.  The first murder is recorded in the bible in Genesis.  The bible is opposed to murder.  Jesus is opposed to it.  It cannot be blamed on the bible.  Ever since Adam and Eve rebelled against God, their descendents (us) were born with a fallen nature in rebellion against God. That is why there are murders, wars, crime, and hatred in the world.

As I have mentioned, how could, why would such an all knowing, all seeing, all perfect creature put such a crazy, nutty, amoral, ... paln into place. It makes no sense whatsoever. He has a plan that ensures there are vast swaths of people, the majority of the world's people destined to live a life of poverty, sickness, hunger, deprivation while his plan ensures a tiny minority has it all.

To put it in pedestrian terms - It's simply nuts.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No buddy, most wars occurred due to mindless people being indoctrinated into this weird club of religion. Various versions of course, but mindless fear nonthe less. Thank god we have had the good sense to separate "church" and state. Although it seems we still have some way to go. They still use the bible in some courts of law.

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

As I have mentioned, how could, why would such an all knowing, all seeing, all perfect creature put such a crazy, nutty, amoral, ... paln into place. It makes no sense whatsoever. He has a plan that ensures there are vast swaths of people, the majority of the world's people destined to live a life of poverty, sickness, hunger, deprivation while his plan ensures a tiny minority has it all.

To put it in pedestrian terms - It's simply nuts.

I don't claim to have all the answers.  God created a perfect world with the Garden of Eden.  He created Adam and Eve and put them in the paradise.  The could have continued to live and multiply in this paradise.  He only gave them one instruction, that is, not to eat of a certain fruit in the garden.  The serpent came along and tempted Eve to eat the particular fruit.  She didn't have to.  Nobody forced her.  But she chose to eat the fruit and offered some to Adam and he ate.  In that moment they were in transgression against God and the future of the world and mankind was determined.  Forever after that fall, everyone is born with a fallen nature and an imperfect fallen world.  God did not create it to be a fallen world.  But mankind rebelled and that's what happened.  However, God in his mercy, sent his Son to die for the sins of a fallen man and by faith in this Son of God and his sacrifice for them, man is redeemed.

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

No buddy, most wars occurred due to mindless people being indoctrinated into this weird club of religion. Various versions of course, but mindless fear nonthe less. Thank god we have had the good sense to separate "church" and state. Although it seems we still have some way to go. They still use the bible in some courts of law.

There have been lots of wars partly due religion and possibly false religions.  But there have been wars that were not due to religion such as WW1 and WW2.  Atheists such as the communists Stalin and Chairman Mao killed millions of people.  This had nothing to do with religion.  There have been wars all through history for various reason.  That is the nature of man because of his fallen nature (rebellion against God).

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't claim to have all the answers.  God created a perfect world with the Garden of Eden.  He created Adam and Eve and put them in the paradise.  The could have continued to live and multiply in this paradise.  He only gave them one instruction, that is, not to eat of a certain fruit in the garden.  The serpent came along and tempted Eve to eat the particular fruit.  She didn't have to.  Nobody forced her.  But she chose to eat the fruit and offered some to Adam and he ate.  In that moment they were in transgression against God and the future of the world and mankind was determined.  Forever after that fall, everyone is born with a fallen nature and an imperfect fallen world.  God did not create it to be a fallen world.  But mankind rebelled and that's what happened.  However, God in his mercy, sent his Son to die for the sins of a fallen man and by faith in this Son of God and his sacrifice for them, man is redeemed.

I know all the nonsense. There no need to simply and unthinkingly repeat it. All mankind, because one lady eats a piece of fruit, is condemned to pain and suffering. How infinitely kind of the perfect person? How can this creature be a person, he is supposed to be perfect and we are not, because Lucy ate an apple. 

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

There have been lots of wars partly due religion and possibly false religions.  But there have been wars that were not due to religion such as WW1 and WW2.  Atheists such as the communists Stalin and Chairman Mao killed millions of people.  This had nothing to do with religion.  There have been wars all through history for various reason.  That is the nature of man because of his fallen nature (rebellion against God).

That is unfortunately the nature of man who allows him/herself to be led by the nose simply it seems, because they are afraid of mortality and are willing to go to vicious lengths as they hide away from reality.

Just now, hot enough said:

I know all the nonsense. There no need to simply and unthinkingly repeat it. All mankind, because one lady eats a piece of fruit, is condemned to pain and suffering. How infinitely kind of the perfect person? How can this creature be a person, he is supposed to be perfect and we are not, because Lucy ate an apple. 

God is perfect and infinite in all respects.  It's not for us to question our almighty creator.  He has given us an out. It is in the bible, especially the New Testament gospels.  Life is difficult for many people and many suffer.  But this is not God's fault.  He is merciful and willing to forgive fallen men.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

That is unfortunately the nature of man who allows him/herself to be led by the nose simply it seems, because they are afraid of mortality and are willing to go to vicious lengths as they hide away from reality.

Life doesn't end in the grave.  God created man with a soul and a spirit.  Death is not the end according to the bible.  Because of our fallen nature, it is natural to be in rebellion against God until he reaches man through the Spirit and his written Word.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

God is perfect and infinite in all respects.  It's not for us to question our almighty creator.  He has given us an out. It is in the bible, especially the New Testament gospels.  Life is difficult for many people and many suffer.  But this is not God's fault.  He is merciful and willing to forgive fallen men.

So is Santa Clause apparently. And we all believe in him too.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why is that a dumb question?

This is why I got turned off religion. Every question was dumb.

Needless to say I flunked Sunday school. 

OK.   I never said it was a dumb question.  No, I don't think God needs to use a toilet.   We only know what the bible tells us about God.  There are things we don't know and would be only guessing.

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

OK.   I never said it was a dumb question.  No, I don't think God needs to use a toilet.   We only know what the bible tells us about God.  There are things we don't know and would be only guessing.

If I was God, I'd eat Chinese fast food all the time.  I'd probably need a toilet.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

How are you with Tinkerbell and Peter Pan?