United States Terrorism aka Christian Terrorism

So for all you people who went off on Muslim terrorism yesterday with the London Muslim guy killing 4 people, I am waiting for you to go off on USA terrorism aka Christian terrorism aka white on brown skin terrorism from the USA Christians bombing 3 houses in Mosul Iraq today killing over 200 civilians.  Please explain why when Christians kill 200 women and children Muslims its not terrorism but when Muslims kill 4 Christians it is terrorism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39383989

" A senior UN official in Iraq said she was stunned by accounts of "terrible loss of life", after claims that at least 200 people had been killed in an air strike by the US-led coalition."

Now before you all say they were targeting terrorist, bare in mind, the Muslims claimed they were targeting government terrorist in UK.  So explain to me how it is not a double standard.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, bcsapper said:

How do you know they were Christians?  Maybe they were Jews, or Atheists.  Maybe they were Muslims.

What dog awful logic! Did you even read the title of the article? It actually gave a huge hint, one a grade school student could grasp.

UN fears 200 died in coalition air strikes on Mosul

Were you sent out as an advance party while your friends are preparing other song and dance routines, other dog and pony shows. 

Edited by hot enough
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

What dog awful logic! Did you even read the title of the article? It actually gave a huge hint, one a grade school student could grasp.

UN fears 200 died in coalition air strikes on Mosul

Were you sent out as an advance party while your friends are preparing other song and dance routines, other dog and pony shows. 

Actually no.  I tend not to read full articles.  (Sometimes it's news I have heard elsewhere, though)  You won't be the first to be irritated by that fact.  I was going by what was written in the OP.  There are no Muslims, Jews or Atheists in the coalition? 

The problem is, of course, that the oldest song and dance routine playing right now is the equivalancy one.  Muslims do stuff because they are Muslims.  If they weren't, they wouldn't.  The coalition are doing stuff because they are fighting the Muslims.  Not because they are Christians.  They are supporting Iraqi troops, many of whom are not Christians.  The Russians kill innocents in the fight against ISIS.  I doubt they are doing it for Jesus.  Assad is killing anyone he doesn't like, and even I'm not dumb enough to claim he's doing it for Islam.  No, some people have religion as their main driver.  Others don't.  By all means be appalled at this loss of life, but don't cheapen it by trying to use it to argue that everyone is the same when it comes to religious extremism.

The other problem is the idea that such loss of life is meaningless to those who condemn terrorism.  It isn't of course.  It's just that there is a difference between the loss of life in a war zone, taken by accident  while justifiably aiming to kill the enemy, (probably because the enemy were using them as shields), and driving over tourists.  It is not equivalent.  It really isn't.  There will probably be 200 people killed today in war zones around the world.

I am sorry those people are dead, but I support the fight.  I'm sorry the people on Westminster Bridge are dead, and I don't support the fight.

Edited by bcsapper

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam started this particular war.

We'll see who finishes it.

Why do you continue to advance this huge lie? It was started by the USA, as it always is, always with lies? The lies of WMDs, the lies of 911, the lies of Afghanistan, the lies on top of lies on top of lies - the sum total of US history.

• Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Why do you continue to advance this huge lie? It was started by the USA, as it always is, always with lies? The lies of WMDs, the lies of 911, the lies of Afghanistan, the lies on top of lies on top of lies - the sum total of US history.

You're free to have your huge lies.

I don't need you to recall the history of Islam.

26 minutes ago, hot enough said:

You are simply a propagandist, by your own admission. You don't read articles, you don't address or discuss the science, you simply dish up propaganda.

I read the ones I post.

43 minutes ago, hot enough said:

As did German soldiers in WWII, even the ones that helped run the death camps. Likely there were a lot of reluctant ones, who knew the lies but had no choice. We have a choice and still there are those who avidly support the big lies.

As did the allied soldiers who fought them.  I know.  War is hell, right?  Still, they had their choice to make, and I for one am really glad they made it.  I would hope that I would make the same choice, should I ever be called upon to do so.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

42 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

War is hell, right?

Yup, but war crimes are not war. That is the huge distinction that you, hunkered down in your anti-Muslim mindset, fail to see. 

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from phony patriotism - Me

15 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Yup, but war crimes are not war. That is the huge distinction that you, hunkered down in your anti-Muslim mindset, fail to see. 

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from phony patriotism - Me

Are you opposed to the war against ISIS?

3 hours ago, hot enough said:

You are simply a propagandist, by your own admission. You don't read articles, you don't address or discuss the science, you simply dish up propaganda.

Did you learn your anti Americanism, anti west from left wing university professors in your university in Calgary?  Please explain why you take such a radical position.  Don't you realize that the world is full of tyrannical dictatorships who hate the west and everything we stand for? (China, North Korea, Iran, Russia, etc.)  They do no respect human rights or fundamental freedoms which you enjoy in the west.  You would not be free to criticize them in their countries as you are free here.   Whose side are you on anyway?

Edited by blackbird

I'm sure there's many stats on this, so here is one I found and the article say since 1990's  over 4 million have been killed. When one thinks  of the 2900+ 9/11 and the 4000+ US soldiers killed, the Middle-East have suffer far more than anyone. I'm not sure if Syria is included but if this war  keeps up, they may be as high as when the US dropped the nuke.                                                      http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/unworthy-victims-western-wars-have-killed-four-million-muslims-1990-39149394         

Edited by Topaz
forgot link

2 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I'm sure there's many stats on this, so here is one I found and the article say since 1990's  over 4 million have been killed. When one thinks  of the 2900+ 9/11 and the 4000+ US soldiers killed, the Middle-East have suffer far more than anyone. I'm not sure if Syria is included but if this war  keeps up, they may be as high as when the US dropped the nuke.                                                      http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/unworthy-victims-western-wars-have-killed-four-million-muslims-1990-39149394         

And the point is?

36 minutes ago, hot enough said:

I'm not anti Muslim.  I'm just anti insane bad Muslim.  If you'd been on here longer than five minutes you'd know that. 

Edited by bcsapper
Men never deny evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it because the perpetrators don't look like them - Not Blaise Pascal

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Are you opposed to the war against ISIS?

Where the hell did ISIS come from? The US made/caused them with their illegal invasion of a sovereign naion and the US owns any and all evil they have since produced. 

Aggression, in the Tribunal’s judgment, was identified as “the supreme international crime,” differing from others only in that it encompasses all of the evil that follows. So with Iraq, the supreme crime of aggression encompasses the savage destruction of Fallujah, sectarian violence, death squads, the desperate flight of 2 million people, displacement of 2 million others and the rest of the horrors of the past few years that are too familiar to review, with the aggressors absolved from blame except in marginal respects, in keeping with the conventional refusal to sip from the poisoned chalice.

There was no ambiguity in the definition of the “supreme international crime.” In Justice Jackson’s opening statement to the Tribunal, he defined an aggressor as “a state that is the first to commit such actions, as invasion of its armed forces with or without a declaration of war of the territory of another state.” Very clear.

http://fair.org/extra/the-poisoned-chalice/

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Did you learn your anti Americanism, anti west from left wing university professors in your university in Calgary? 

I'm not anti American, I am anti US war crimes and anti US terrorism. Are you pro-US war crimes and pro-US terrorism? Why?

Don't you realize that the world is full of tyrannical dictatorships who hate the west and everything we stand for? (China, North Korea, Iran, Russia, etc.)  They do no respect human rights or fundamental freedoms which you enjoy in the west. 

Yes, I know that the world is full of tyrannical dictatorships and a large majority of them are supported by the USA. 

Whose side are you on anyway?

I am on the side of those who have had their countries illegally invaded, over 70 since WWII, those tens of millions who have been slaughtered by the US since WWII, those hundreds of millions who have had their loved ones and their wealth taken from them by US predation. 

Whose side are you on? 

48 minutes ago, hot enough said:

I'm not anti American, I am anti US war crimes and anti US terrorism. Are you pro-US war crimes and pro-US terrorism? Why?

Are you anti Canada war crimes ?   Or anti Turkey war crimes ?   Or anti Russia war crimes ?   Or anti Iran war crimes ?   Or anti Indonesia war crimes ?

Why focus only on the US if war crimes/terrorism are/is your thing ?