Trump's so called "revised ban" revisited

Just now, OftenWrong said:

We are talking about the culture where they come from, and problems that arise when they bring it with them. Assimilation is the key thing that's needed.

And how many Iranians do you know of that are not assimilating in Canada because of your own experience? Are they pushing the religion on your throat or beheading kids in Canada?

I cannot be more transparent than this and if you cannot see my point you might as well carry on searching the web for the most prolific videos on Iran and attribute that to the people already living in Canada...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Carter banned Iranian travel to the U.S. and he won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Dude that was 40 years ago because of hostage crisis. Move on...

Iran exports terrorism, and that includes Iranian citizens. 

Show me a single terrorist act committed by Iranian citizens inside US. Put up or shut up!

They have no right to travel or emigrate to the USA.

Says you... 

• Like 1

Just now, kactus said:

Show me a single terrorist act committed by Iranian citizens inside US. Put up or shut up!

Same government...same Death to America...since 1979.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We are talking about the culture where they come from, and problems that arise when they bring it with them. Assimilation is the key thing that's needed.

The problem with your point is academic and based on no evidence. Again I put the question to you is that based on your personal experience or a blanket statement you have prepared for anyone because you don't like thew government of that country? Which is it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Carter banned Iranian travel to the U.S. and he won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Iran exports terrorism, and that includes Iranian citizens.   They have no right to travel or emigrate to the USA.

And it's not a secret...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

Just now, kactus said:

Says you... 

I have a long memory.....many terrorist acts against Americans and U.S. interests.

On Iran, the report said that country "remained the foremost state sponsor of terrorism in 2015, providing a range of support, including financial, training, and equipment, to groups around the world."

The report also said that Iran was continuing to provide arms and cash to terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Iraqi Shia terrorist groups, including Kata'ib Hizballah (KH). Both groups are designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations in the report.

Iran is #1 for terror, and that includes Iranian citizens.    Keep them out of the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I have a long memory.....many terrorist acts against Americans and U.S. interests.

Iran is #1 for terror, and that includes Iranian citizens.    Keep them out of the U.S.

This is why I hate arguing with people like you with such blinkered view of the world...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, kactus said:

Personal attacks is the syndrome of weakness. 

That question was rhetorical and I ignore as you are making it a personal attack on me. Hope the moderators pay attention to this.

You gave me what is called a 'Loaded Question'...I responded with a loaded answer.

• Downvote 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

I am not trying to get into Iran.    I have no desire to travel or emigrate there...ever.

Why don't Iranians emigrate to China...or North Korea ?

None of your business. Same reasons a Jew an Irish, a french can travel anywhere they like.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kactus said:

And how many Iranians do you know of that are not assimilating in Canada because of your own experience? Are they pushing the religion on your throat or beheading kids in Canada?

I cannot be more transparent than this and if you cannot see my point you might as well carry on searching the web for the most prolific videos on Iran and attribute that to the people already living in Canada...

Both Canada and the United States identified Iran as the worlds foremost sponsor of terrorism. The culture in Iran is absolutely barbaric, as demonstrated. That, in addition to US concerns about the quality of security information for people coming from that country is good enough for me to justify a travel ban.

Are you of the type that has to wait for something really bad to happen before you are satisfied?

9 minutes ago, kactus said:

The problem with your point is academic and based on no evidence. Again I put the question to you is that based on your personal experience or a blanket statement you have prepared for anyone because you don't like thew government of that country? Which is it?

Plenty of evidence available, and some was given to you. You are either not reading it or perhaps you simply refuse. Which is it?

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Are you of the type that has to wait for something really bad to happen before you are satisfied?

I am of a type that looks at the history of attacks on US soil then makes a judgement...Based on what I have read you aren't. Unless I am misjudging you?

• Like 1