Let's Talk Hollywood

betsy

This industry had gone out of control that I swear a lot of the actors - especially the old ones who've been in the business for so long like Streep and deNiro, hanging in there with their botox like someone soaked in formaldehyde - must be suffering from some form of a PTSD.  The numerous characters they played (and the character study that went along with each and everyone of them) must've really gone to their heads - they couldn't snap out of them!

Hollywood - especially the Oscars - had become the podium for which some of these confused (and maybe hallucinating) talents had gone on to force viewers watch them  play politics.  And they go on, and on, and on about divisions and inequality......

What a load of crap!

Well, an actor had written an open letter, ending with the challenge to these folks!

I'm going to post the entirety of the letter - since I feel that editing it takes away from the message.

Robert John Davi is an American actor who was born in Queens, New York, in 1951. His father was an Italian immigrant, and his mother was also of Italian descent. He has had roles in a number of major films such as “Goonies” and “Die Hard,” and he was even a Bond villain—Franz Sanchez in “Licence to Kill.” 

My Dear friends and colleagues,

I have recently been pondering President Trump’s executive action with regard to our nation having extreme vetting and our immigration policy finally being enforced. It has pained me deeply to see such a violent reaction to something that, to my mind, makes absolute common sense.

Let me begin by saying that I am from a family of immigrants that came to this country for a better life. They came to the US “legally,” assimilated, integrated, and learned English to the best of their ability, and demanded we speak it. As we all know, we live in a time in which there are forces who wish to destroy our way of life.

There are thousands of illegal immigrant criminals in the United States whose country of origin will not take them back. These criminals are free on the streets of America.

We have recently heard from a plethora of Hollywood stars on this issue — Meryl Streep, Robert DeNiro, Ashley Judd, Madonna, major agencies, musicians, singers and even the indomitable Shia LaBeouf. After much prayer on this issue, I must now stand in solidarity with all of my Hollywood elite brethren. They are right! The rest of you are wrong!

It is now in this spirit that I make an appeal to all in Hollywood and the media for us to use the Oscars to take a stand for the entire world to see and hear. It is time for Hollywood to lead the way.

I propose that Meryl Steep, Chelsea Handler, Richard Gere, Robert DeNiro, Christoph Waltz and others lead an Oscar first: let’s do away with the rules, barriers, and tickets to the Oscars and after-parties, such as the swanky Vanity Fair party or the Weinsteins’ star-studded affair.

I ask all migrants, all illegal immigrant criminals and all un-vetted refugees to converge on Hollywood to come to the Oscars and all the after-parties, even those held at the mansions or the Chateau Marmont or anywhere else. After all, we in the Hollywood community want to show all Islamic extremists that we have love in our hearts — and what better way to do that than by inviting them along on our most important night?

It’s time the walls and electronic security gates come down. There are roughly 3,600 seats to the Oscars; we should have at least 2,500 seats reserved for illegal aliens, refugees and migrants, or maybe even more. For those celebrities skipping the ceremony, each should invite at least 100 illegal aliens, refugees or migrants to come to their home to watch the Oscars with them. The Academy and the Vanity Fair people should also get the 150 criminals who have recently been deported from Los Angeles and bring them to the show as honored guests.

I find it curious that when President Obama did the same exact thing — and more — in terms of enforcing the law on illegal immigration, the Hollywood elite were silent. Why were they silent then, but are so vocal now when President Trump is doing basically the same thing? Is Hollywood racist? Why — when Christians are being slaughtered in Syria, Iraq, and other places in the Middle East — is Hollywood silent?

Of course, the people that wish death upon Christians, Jews, gay people and the West are greeted with open arms by the elite in Hollywood — so why can’t they come to our Oscar parties?

Additionally, I am now pleased to announce that Hollywood and the recording industry no longer require the protection of the Men in Blue at any of their events! We do not need a country of laws; only a country of illegal immigrants, refugees and migrants. How dare we ignore the words inscribed on the Statue of Liberty: “Give me your tired, your poor,

your huddled masses yearning to breathe free…”

“Together, let us celebrate the Progressive left and its policies, which have helped make blue collar America Tired, Hungry, and Poor.”

http://ijr.com/2017/02/803007-hollywood-actors-open-letter-to-hypocrite-elites-over-open-borders-speeches-ends-with-oscars-challenge/

I think this poor actor had just signed the death warrant to his career for having stood up for Trump, and for challenging the self-proclaimed deities of the hypocrites.

The gall of these hypocrites to fight for equality when they have a tiered system that labels actors being  A-list, B-List, C-list.....

Imagine if we put that same divisions on the population? To have A-list, B-list, C-list Americans?  Of course they do!  These actors think themselves A-List Americans who can have the influence on government!  Just think back to Streisand fawning on her Bill Clinton.....or Clooney raising millions for his Hillary.   Their celebrity status automatically make them see themselves as A-list.

Hollywood and all its so-called elite people should lead by example. You don't want walls?  You want unfettered equality? Put your money where your mouth is.  Down with your walls!

If you can't, then just STFU.  You people aren't watched for your brains. 

You're paid to entertain. PERFORM!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, betsy said:

1) The gall of these hypocrites to fight for equality when they have a tiered system that labels actors being  A-list, B-List, C-list.....

2) Imagine if we put that same divisions on the population? To have A-list, B-list, C-list Americans!

1) Equality in rights does not mean you eliminate meritocracy.  People are paid and succeed based on merit, and that system actually provides a natural enforcement of equality.

2) We do.  People are paid more for being better at their jobs in most fields.

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Equality in rights does not mean you eliminate meritocracy.  People are paid and succeed based on merit, and that system actually provides a natural enforcement of equality.

So, on what merit does it stand for aliens to be granted automatic entry to a country?

Edited by betsy

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Really?  Some guy who was in Goonies ?  His career was dead decades ago FYI.

I looked up the name - I know this guy.  I've seen him in lots of movies.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=robert+john+davi+actor&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manlymovie.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F02%2Frobert-davi.jpeg#id=1&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manlymovie.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F02%2Frobert-davi.jpeg&action=click

He's still around. He usually plays a bad guy.   I didn't know he sings. 

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, The_Squid said:

what makes him a "poor actor"?  Have you seen his work?  What was his worst movie?

Read that again.

I didn't say anything about his talent.  I was talking about the likely repercussion to his career!

Edited by betsy

Celebrities Blacklisted for Supporting Trump

Interestingly, use of the blacklist methodology may be expanding beyond Hollywood circles. A spokesperson who appears on a major cable news network recently proposed the use of an all-out blacklist in a column that she posted on the Conservative Review website.

CNN commentator Amanda Carpenter suggested that a potential career-ending weapon be used against Trump supporters. She published “a list of those so-called conservatives and Republicans endorsing Donald Trump” and called for all who were on the roster to be “held accountable in their future elections or political ventures.”

“Call it a boycott, call it a blackball, call it a blacklist, call it whatever you want. I’m done with these folks and other conservatives should be, too,” Carpenter wrote.

http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/blacklist-candidacy-convention/2016/08/08/id/742540/

When people are punished, their livelihood threatened by those who don't agree with their views - rights are being trampled.

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/blacklist-candidacy-convention/2016/08/08/id/742540/

When people are punished, their livelihood threatened by those who don't agree with their views - rights are being trampled.

You didn't click through your clickbait links. Most of those examples were blacklisted for their left-wing politics (see Senator Joe McCarthy) or for bad behaviour.

Edited by BubberMiley

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You didn't click through your clickbait links. Most of those examples were blacklisted for their left-wing politics (see Senator Joe McCarthy) or for bad behaviour.

Doesn't matter.  Left-wing were the ones targetted then....different targets now.

Blacklisting exists. 

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

Doesn't matter.  Left-wing were the ones targetted then....different targets now.

Blacklisting exists. 

People don't get jobs because of lack of talent or bad behaviour. I don't think Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Jon Voight, etc. are suffering because they are Republicans. You just can't help play the poor victimized conservatives card, even with no evidence other than some guy from Goonies and Kirk Cameron.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

People don't get jobs because of lack of talent or bad behaviour. I don't think Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Jon Voight, etc. are suffering because they are Republicans. You just can't help play the poor victimized conservatives card, even with no evidence other than some guy from Goonies and Kirk Cameron.

Those mentioned are already big names.  We're talking about the regular cast and crew in Hollywood.

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

Those mentioned are already big names.  We're talking about the regular cast and crew in Hollywood.

Okay. Then who, other than Goonies guy who you said is in lots of things, isn't getting work because of their political activism? Are you just basing this on your own personal experience or what?

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

Go up to those links.

I did. The only one I saw that fit your description was Kirk Cameron and he was a notorious diva on set. I admit after clicking through a bunch of McCarthy era examples and crazy drunks, I gave up. Seeing as you have no examples, I'm assuming you did too?

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I did. The only one I saw that fit your description was Kirk Cameron and he was a notorious diva on set. I admit after clicking through a bunch of McCarthy era examples and crazy drunks, I gave up. Seeing as you have no examples, I'm assuming you did too?

Get real. Not only Kirk Cameron.   I gave two links!

Anyway,  freedom of speech is for all, so It doesn't matter how many.  In America......there shouldn't be any! 

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

Anyway,  freedom of speech is for all, so It doesn't matter how many.  In America......there shouldn't be any! 

Freedom of speech only applies to government.  

Private citizens can boycott whomever they wish for any reason.