Let's Talk Hollywood

betsy

23 minutes ago, betsy said:

Get real. Not only Kirk Cameron.   I gave two links!

Anyway,  freedom of speech is for all, so It doesn't matter how many.  In America......there shouldn't be any! 

No, just Kirk Cameron and Goonie guy. I guess I clicked the clickbait so you wouldn't have to, sucker that I am. And you don't understand freedom of speech at all.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:06 AM, BubberMiley said:

I just don't see how you can criticize Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep for being botoxed. They don't appear to be. Not like the guy with the orange mask that doesn't change expression anymore.

However, you can reasonably criticize both for just going through the motions, for decades now in the case of Streep.  De Niro must be broke, he embarrasses himself time after time after time in pathetic roles in pathetic movies.  You can also criticize Hollywood for continuing to laud and nominate these has-beens particularly Streep, who have undue influence in this incestuous burg.  How else can you possibly explain yet another nomination for Best Actress this year, two hours of Streep hamming it up again?

21 minutes ago, overthere said:

However, you can reasonably criticize both for just going through the motions, for decades now in the case of Streep.  De Niro must be broke, he embarrasses himself time after time after time in pathetic roles in pathetic movies.  You can also criticize Hollywood for continuing to laud and nominate these has-beens particularly Streep, who have undue influence in this incestuous burg.  How else can you possibly explain yet another nomination for Best Actress this year, two hours of Streep hamming it up again?

Meryl Streep is underrated. Nobody compares. She's that good. But Roger DeNiro was never all that great. Even Taxi Driver was just okay. Kind of hammy, if you ask me.

Meryl Streep is underrated.

Florence Foster Jenkins.  Ricki and The Flash.  Into The Woods.  Should I go on?  Streep has been a parody of herself for many years now.   What is puzzling is how the movies are still made, none of them could possibly make money.

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Meryl Streep is underrated. Nobody compares. She's that good.

:rolleyes:

Helen Mirren comes to mind. Holly Hunter.  Sissy Spacek.  Claire Danes. Jodie Foster. Sally Field. Judi Dench.

Cate Blanchett. Frances McDormand. Nicole Kidman.

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, overthere said:

Florence Foster Jenkins.  Ricki and The Flash.  Into The Woods.  Should I go on?  Streep has been a parody of herself for many years now.   What is puzzling is how the movies are still made, none of them could possibly make money.

River Wild.

36 minutes ago, betsy said:

:rolleyes:

Helen Mirren comes to mind. Holly Hunter.  Sissy Spacek.  Claire Danes. Jodie Foster. Sally Field. Judi Dench.

Cate Blanchett. Frances McDormand. Nicole Kidman.

You're saying none of these people can get work because they're conservative? They all get tons of work and few if any are conservative. You're really bad at this.

5 hours ago, overthere said:

She was awesome, especially in Into the Woods. Never a better witch, except maybe Margaret Hamilton.

15 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You're saying none of these people can get work because they're conservative? They all get tons of work and few if any are conservative. You're really bad at this.

I thought she was just saying they could act.

7 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Meryl Streep is underrated. Nobody compares. She's that good. But Roger DeNiro was never all that great. Even Taxi Driver was just okay. Kind of hammy, if you ask me.

I regard Taxi Driver as one of the best films ever made.

He was a wise man who first said, "Different strokes for different folks"

19 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

No.  I'm saying they're as good, or some are even better than Streep!

Streep is good at accents.  Accents alone doesn't make an excellent actress.  Streep is over-rated!