The Canadian dollar

taxme

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

I don't know as to why you had to throw that in about my being careful about those countries having non-white people living in them. I know that those countries have non-white people who are in the majority of their population, and I have no problem with it. I found all to be very nice people when I have visited many of those countries. I just hope that the population of zionists living in those countries is next to nil. The fewer the better for any country. 

I was listening to Kevin O'Leary on CTV news this morning, and I believe that he is the Trump that Canada needs to get Canada out of it's recession. Trudeau/liberals never will. Trudeau wants to still hang on to his papas legacy of more useless government outfits.Multiculturalism, bilingualism, foreign-aid and flooding Canada with refugees(economic migrants) is not the way to go. Those programs and agendas alone are bringing Canada down along with thousands of rules regulations and taxes that are hurting small business, and the Canadian people. How the liberals went from third place to first place is beyond me. I guess it just shows that most Canadians don't know much about politics and how the system works. Most of the young cellphone people probably voted for him because to them JT looked cute. We need a Trump person as PM like O'Leary in Canada, not more fake and phony politicians who are only good at talking the talk but will not walk the walk. It is the same old, same old with those politicians. 

You might have to get over the fact that O'Leary is pro immigration.  There is nothing wrong with properly vetted people coming to Canada.

oleary is going to have a hard time cracking eastern Canada and is dependent on the economy tanking to beat a popular prime minister.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

That's generally good for Canada, except for the importing part.  We don't want dollars crossing the line in that direction as a general rule.

If Canadians were smart lol. I think that they should stay in Canada and keep their dollars here. But the merchants should cut prices to meet or come close to American prices. If they did that Canada's economy should be in better shape. Why cross the border when I can buy whatever I want to buy here for pretty much the same price, and not have to pay this ridiculous exchange rate. But it also will take all levels of governments to stop trying to stifle the growth of businesses thru countless rules and regulations and taxes. Get government off the people's backs, and look at ways of trying to encourage people to want to invest and start up new business not try and stifle it, and Canada should become a prosperous and wealthy country. And why not try to encourage more corporations to come to Canada thru great tax breaks for them of some kind. I think that our politicians need to think more about creating jobs rather than about creating more rules and regulations and more taxes to stop job creation. So what if a frog has to move or a tree needs to be cut down, who cares. I think also that the environmental movement and native indians have not helped in creating more jobs but have been one of the reasons why there are not that many more jobs being created. Canada needs jobs, not keep concerning itself with trees and frogs and fish. They all will adapt to any changes. At least that is the way I see things now.   

27 minutes ago, blueblood said:

You might have to get over the fact that O'Leary is pro immigration.  There is nothing wrong with properly vetted people coming to Canada.

oleary is going to have a hard time cracking eastern Canada and is dependent on the economy tanking to beat a popular prime minister.

If  immigration consists of bringing in new immigrants too Canada where plenty of money will be spent on job creations than there should be no problem. Bringing in tens of thousands of refugees into the country with no jobs for them waiting is costing the Canadian taxpayer's hundreds of millions in tax dollars, and that just seems so ridiculous to me. That is a part of immigration I am against. I think that O'Leary understands that. At least I hope that is how he thinks about immigration. I think that JT is popular only because most Canadians are ignorant of politics and how the system works. We live in an all about me-me-me generation, and not so much about the country that they live in. I have worked and met many people while I have been around here on earth, and I must say that if I met ten people in my lifetime who discussed politics with me I would really be pushing it. Interest in politics and the economy appears to me to not be of much interest to most Canadians. They most likely say that I have a job so who cares about the rest. My personal opinion.  

Edited by taxme

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

If  immigration consists of bringing in new immigrants too Canada where plenty of money will be spent on job creations than there should be no problem. Bringing in tens of thousands of refugees into the country with no jobs for them waiting is costing the Canadian taxpayer's hundreds of millions in tax dollars, and that just seems so ridiculous to me. That is a part of immigration I am against. I think that O'Leary understands that. At least I hope that is how he thinks about immigration. I think that JT is popular only because most Canadians are ignorant of politics and how the system works. We live in an all about me-me-me generation, and not so much about the country that they live in. I have worked and met many people while I have been around here on earth, and I must say that if I met ten people in my lifetime who discussed politics with me I would really be pushing it. Interest in politics and the economy appears to me to not be of much interest to most Canadians. They most likely say that I have a job so who cares about the rest. My personal opinion.  

We let the Vietnamese boat people in Canada during the 1970s and it was a resounding success.  

Jt is popular as he is media savvy, friendly, and has ideas that appeal to a lot of people.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

I hate going to the bank and handing over a thousand dollars Canadian and get back $700 dollars American. I just lost $300, and I haven't even left town yet.

21 minutes ago, taxme said:

But the merchants should cut prices to meet or come close to American prices. If they did that Canada's economy should be in better shape. Why cross the border when I can buy whatever I want to buy here for pretty much the same price, and not have to pay this ridiculous exchange rate.

Problem solved, keep your $1000 and you don`t lose anything.

31 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Hillary would still have the excess regulations in place, high corporate tax, and possibly implement carbon pricing.

Just like Ontario and Quebec that have rules and regulations,high corporate and personal income taxes, and carbon taxes right now. The carbon tax is just another excuse for implementing another tax on the people. It has nothing to do with global warming at all. Instead of all those Canadian women running around like fools in a huge march against Trump and whining about losing their women's rights, which will never happen, they should be more concerned about how they are getting ripped off by all levels of governments. 

But hey, that would show political incorrectness, and show contempt towards politicians. You know, those politicians who create chaos, and then pretend that they are going to fix the problem. It's a game that all politicians appear to like to play and keep foisting on the people to keep them all in line and confused and fighting against one another. Most Canadians never seem to get it. It's the ones that do get it that have to pay for the ones who don't. And there really are a lot of don't out there. Aw well. 

6 minutes ago, blueblood said:

We let the Vietnamese boat people in Canada during the 1970s and it was a resounding success.  

Jt is popular as he is media savvy, friendly, and has ideas that appeal to a lot of people.

Before we changed our immigration policy back in the sixties, Canada 's new immigrants were coming from Britain or Europe and Canada was doing just fine. Now with the change in our immigration policy to favor more third world immigrants, Canad has an unemployment rate of nearly t million Canadians out of work. So much for letting boat people and all others in. And those people don't come here to create jobs for Canadians. They appear to only want to hire one of their own. That way they don't have to worry about having paying them good wages or good pension plans or benefits to their employees so much. JT has appeal to those who are politically non-savvy. He puts on a good show, and the people fall  for it. His ideas are not good for Canada. His ideas are good for the people who could careless about Canada or Canadians. My personal opinion. 

I agree the Carbon taxes are a sham, and some how most Canadians bought into all of it.....we are going to lose on this carbon pricing many times over, first the taxes on fossil fuels, second the carbon tax attached to everything else in and out of our lives that need fossil fuels to deliver, cultivate, pick/plant, harvest...not to mention all the services that will also be taxed.....like the guy in Alberta had carbon tax added to his cremation of his mother....don't worry there is also carbon taxes added to a regular funeral as well. all these taxes are not bringing our products closer to US prices.....but driving ours up.....Trump is not adding Carbon taxes, in fact he is reversing that whole process, and bringing coal back....

12 hours ago, taxme said:

I hate going to the bank and handing over a thousand dollars Canadian and get back $700 dollars American. I just lost $300, and I haven't even left town yet

I love going to the bank and handing over a thousand dollars American and getting back $1300 Canadian. I just made $300 and I didn't have to do any work for it.

12 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Problem solved, keep your $1000 and you don`t lose anything.

So, just stay in Canada, eh? I don't know about you but I do like to have a change of scenery once in awhile. I have been all over Canada, and there is nothing more to see in Canada anymore. I would love to keep my $1000 but sometimes one is left with no choice but to pay the piper, and take the chit kicking that one gets with the exchange rates. 

In Canada our hotel and airplane flights alone are to expensive to want to keep travelling in Canada. Canadians are not going to get $99.00 flight deals in Canada. Take away many of the taxes that Canadians have to pay at airports, and they might be able to afford it, and maybe get great deals. In Canada it is just rip off after rip off, and no one seems to care. George Carlin is right when he talks about we the people. They are being ripped off and being stupidly obedient to the system that they deserve as to what is being fed them. :rolleyes: 

21 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I agree the Carbon taxes are a sham, and some how most Canadians bought into all of it.....we are going to lose on this carbon pricing many times over, first the taxes on fossil fuels, second the carbon tax attached to everything else in and out of our lives that need fossil fuels to deliver, cultivate, pick/plant, harvest...not to mention all the services that will also be taxed.....like the guy in Alberta had carbon tax added to his cremation of his mother....don't worry there is also carbon taxes added to a regular funeral as well. all these taxes are not bringing our products closer to US prices.....but driving ours up.....Trump is not adding Carbon taxes, in fact he is reversing that whole process, and bringing coal back....

What are we going to losing with Carbon taxes?

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I agree. Carbon taxes are a joke period. We can all thank the environmentalists and the global warming believers for that. And most Canadians believe that our fearless and fake and phony politicians and the fake scream media care about them, and will believe their lies all the time. It's all about raising more taxes that our politicians seem to be only concerned and interested in. Politicians are the problem, never the solution. They create the problem , and then pretend to try and fix the problem. And we the people pay them to do this to us. The people are the fools. But in all honesty can we blame the politicians for what they do. They know that with the help of our fake and phony media they can bamboozle the people all the time. 

How on earth can Canadians allow their governments to apply a cremation carbon tax on someone who just lost a love one. This just shows how heartless and greedy for more taxes our useless politicians have become. They are not their for the people, they are there to shaft the people of our money that we all worked hard for. Canada needs a Boston like tea party tax revolution in this country. What we do not need are politicians who are being lobbied by special interest groups who get to steal our tax dollars away from us.  

Like the joke I heard one time about this guy who said that he puts all of his money in taxes because they are always going up.  :D  

21 minutes ago, Argus said:

Oh, well then. I guess that must mean anyone we let in here will be fine.:rolleyes:

According to just about all of our politicians, it would appear as though that is how things are going to be done in Canada now. Bring in all those refugees, they will create hundreds of thousands of new jobs. Ya, most likely all those jobs for themselves, and their families and friends. Sucks. 

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

I love going to the bank and handing over a thousand dollars American and getting back $1300 Canadian. I just made $300 and I didn't have to do any work for it.

You must have hit some American lottery or something like that then, eh?  :D  When I go to the bank and exchange my money for American money I get ripped off. And when I go back to the bank and exchange my American money for Canadian money I still get ripped off off by the banksters. The banksters sure make a hell of a lot of money for themselves off this exchange rate nonsense. I now wish that when the Canadian dollar was at par or above I had bought some American dollars. Boy, do I regret not doing that now. Aw well. :( 

16 minutes ago, herples said:

More money being stolen out of my wallet by our fearless and great politicians. That is what I will lose, and so will you also. Carbon taxes are theft from taxpayer's wallets. 

1 minute ago, herples said:

Well lets start with the extra tax money your going to pay, on basically everything products, and services that fossil fuels have touched, or part of. This new tax does nothing in regards to lowering Carbon in our environment. It is not being used to pay for governmental projects to upgrade our public infra structure, in ways such as solar, thermal heat, any of the new environmental tech.....its not being used to subsidize this tech for the public to purchase, in fact it is not being used to do anything except perhaps give you back a small check back at the end of the year....not even close to what you invested into this new tax....What i does do is perhaps give you pause not to use your fossil fuels as much....

I live in the country, no buses, over 20 kms to work or anything in town....so i will be driving either way, i heat my home nothing changes for me.....except it is going to cost me more...for everything...

The US has already announced it is going to be bringing back coal.....so much for carbon taxes....while we pay more for everything....US products will be that much more cheaper.....so Canadian products will lose out on the global stage, or at least trading in the US.

No one knows what the new NAFTA is going to look like, but it is going to change, and i'm betting its not all going to be good. 

SO what are we going to gain with these taxes ?....

Just now, Army Guy said:

Well lets start with the extra tax money your going to pay, on basically everything products, and services that fossil fuels have touched, or part of. This new tax does nothing in regards to lowering Carbon in our environment. It is not being used to pay for governmental projects to upgrade our public infra structure, in ways such as solar, thermal heat, any of the new environmental tech.....its not being used to subsidize this tech for the public to purchase, in fact it is not being used to do anything except perhaps give you back a small check back at the end of the year....not even close to what you invested into this new tax....What i does do is perhaps give you pause not to use your fossil fuels as much....

I live in the country, no buses, over 20 kms to work or anything in town....so i will be driving either way, i heat my home nothing changes for me.....except it is going to cost me more...for everything...

The US has already announced it is going to be bringing back coal.....so much for carbon taxes....while we pay more for everything....US products will be that much more cheaper.....so Canadian products will lose out on the global stage, or at least trading in the US.

No one knows what the new NAFTA is going to look like, but it is going to change, and i'm betting its not all going to be good. 

SO what are we going to gain with these taxes ?....

Lower Emissions, incentives to invest more into cleaner technology for existing industries, incentives to move towards renewable energy. I won't disagree that a carbon tax will increase the cost of goods but that is why companies invest in better technology so there is an offset in cost from carbon emissions.

The US is taking a step back with coal since it is being replaced by natural gas. On the global stage countries can out tariffs on American goods for not sticking to it's responsibilities to the environment. 

I agree we won't know what NAFTA will look like or if it will ever be touched upon by Trump. 

14 minutes ago, herples said:

Lower Emissions, incentives to invest more into cleaner technology for existing industries, incentives to move towards renewable energy. I won't disagree that a carbon tax will increase the cost of goods but that is why companies invest in better technology so there is an offset in cost from carbon emissions.

The USA, India, china, and Russia won't be jumping off a bridge with us.  The biggest incentive to renewable energy is the futures price of oil.  When it goes past $100, vehicles become more efficient, fuel is less consumed, and more r and d is out into new energy a la fracking.  Why do we need a tax to do what the market does?

The US is taking a step back with coal since it is being replaced by natural gas. On the global stage countries can out tariffs on American goods for not sticking to it's responsibilities to the environment. 

Like what American exports?  America is americas biggest consumer and they are looking at going it alone.  They can try and put tariffs on agricultural products and screw themselves in the process.  Trying to stick it to the Americans does nothing but make the other countries poorer.  

I agree we won't know what NAFTA will look like or if it will ever be touched upon by Trump. 

Something should be coming

8 minutes ago, blueblood said:

The USA, India, china, and Russia won't be jumping off a bridge with us.  The biggest incentive to renewable energy is the futures price of oil.  When it goes past $100, vehicles become more efficient, fuel is less consumed, and more r and d is out into new energy a la fracking.  Why do we need a tax to do what the market does?

Like what American exports?  America is americas biggest consumer and they are looking at going it alone.  They can try and put tariffs on agricultural products and screw themselves in the process.  Trying to stick it to the Americans does nothing but make the other countries poorer.  

Something should be coming

China is implementing an emissions trading scheme based on pilot emissions trading scheme based in Beijing, Chongqing, Guangdong, Hubei, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Tianjin this year. It is also the largest polluter. 

44 minutes ago, herples said:

Yes we will get lower emissions, because it will give "some" but  "not" all a pause in their decision process to use fossil fuels or take public transit etc.....because of it's price....

You are quoted saying there are incentives to invest more into cleaner tech for industries, that their are incentives to move towards renewable energy......where are they ?what provinces ?  Most provinces only offer a tax rebate in the form of giving a small portion back to the tax payers.....To all tax payers, regardless of how much tax you have paid. Each province is free to do what ever it wishes with this tax money, The federal Government has set very little rules down on the subject asides from everyone will be subjected to the tax....Now if asll this tax was going towards clean energy, or reducing the prices of this clean energy....then we might have a tool to fight  our carbon levels.....right now we just have another tax.....which can be used for anything, to increase provincial government spending, Health care, education, etc.

The US is not stepping back from coal, President trump has already signed an executive order, bringing coal back in....and there is more to come in regards to their carbon reduction, but why does a nation bring back in coal if it is not ready to sacrifice other carbon pricing projects.....

SO i'll ask again what will this tax accomplish in regards to our carbon foot print ? 

The best part about it all is , they the government has twisted everything around so you , and the rest of Canadians think it is a good idea.....we pay these taxes, which will add up pretty quick....and if your good, they'll send you a little gift at the end of the year.....but it will not be anything worth what you have already paid into this tax scheme.

And here is the good part.....they don't even have to send you a check if they don't want to.... and there is nothing in writting to say they even have to use the profits on clean energy, or tech, or reducing our carbon foot print.....there all catch words to make you feel good about paying more tax...

Has the price of renewable energy gone done in your province....Has there been any significant investment in renewable energy in your province, Are there major tax breaks for renewable energy companies , offsets for R&D......Has anyone brought forward a replacement for fossil fuels that does not cost an arm and a leg......and yet we are expected to make the transfer in 2030, to what we don't know ? but we will continue to over price fossil fuels until no one uses them.....sounds like half a plan to me....