The First 5

I'll give Trudeau credit for admitting that he would be stupid to come to the United States and lecture Trump on refugee and immigrant policies.

For those who are old enough to remember, in 1965 LBJ told PM Lester Pearson, "Don't you come into my living room and piss on my rug" after Pearson mouthed off about the Vietnam War.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fox News analyst:  Trudeau looked like Trump's little brother.  

Yes, we know what to expect from Fox news. The most interesting will be late night tonight. Lets hope that Trudeau didn't overdo it to much, to make his articulate responses to the actual questions asked be compared to Trump's usual (we will be the bestest..., we are doing great, great, great, things....)

Just now, ?Impact said:

Yes, we know what to expect from Fox news. The most interesting will be late night tonight. Lets hope that Trudeau didn't overdo it to much, to make his articulate responses to the actual questions asked be compared to Trump's usual (we will be the bestest..., we are doing great, great, great, things....)

Fox News is the most intelligent and unbiased news outlet there is.

President Trump is the best. He will make US great again. Trudeau can just sit tight and watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Neither do Japan or South Korea, but they are still getting ready for the worse case.    Why not Canada ?

I think Japan and South Korea are far more threatened by short range missiles from North Korea than Canada - simple geography. In response to this and other missile tests from North Korea, Canada has issued statements of condemnation. What should we be doing? 

33 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fox News analyst:  Trudeau looked like Trump's little brother.  

Then is as dumb as...usual. Trump looked like an idiot as he deflected and virtually answered none of the hard hitting questions. He also tried to chat his election numbers up again. He didn't put his earpiece in so doesn't know what Trudeau was saying when he answered in French. And his little opening statement reminded me of children reading from their cue cards at their first public speaking attempt. I'd be rather embarrassed were he my "leader". But Faux news...

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I think Japan and South Korea are far more threatened by short range missiles from North Korea than Canada - simple geography. In response to this and other missile tests from North Korea, Canada has issued statements of condemnation. What should we be doing? 

Canada might want to check the progress that the DPRK is making on ballistic missile range.  

Why does Canada get a pass while insisting on collective defense ?     Why is this only a U.S. and other allies problem ?

Statements of condemnation don't mean a damn thing, but they are very inexpensive (probably why Canada likes them).

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Especially from the US group when Trump shut the press conference down early as he kept dragging his knuckles.

Even the former press secretary of Pierre Trudeau said he couldn't sleep last night worrying about this meeting!

Yuge.....YUGE......YUGE........ sigh of relief! :D

4 minutes ago, betsy said:

Even the former press secretary of Pierre Trudeau said he couldn't sleep last night worrying about this meeting!

Yuge.....YUGE......YUGE........ sigh of relief! :D

And that's because Trudeau carried himself so well. Trump must have sighed yuuuge because nobody asked him about North Korea or why within 3 weeks his cabinet is falling apart.

Just now, Omni said:

And that's because Trudeau carried himself so well. Trump must have sighed yuuuge because nobody asked him about North Korea or why within 3 weeks his cabinet is falling apart.

That's what I mean.  Everyone was so worried he'll f*** it up......knowing he has a big mouth......

.......so, we see a collective yuge......YUGE......YUGE....sigh of relief. :lol:

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Of course, the timing of his visit worked well for him.  Trump's got a lot on his plate lately, so he must've been given a pass.

He does have a lot on his plate. Let's see. he may have to fire his nat. security adviser, Kellyanne Conway, (no great loss there), Sean Spicer is under scrutiny, and he still can't accept he lost the popular vote yuugely. And I'm sure there are more scandals around the corner.