George Michael dies aged 53

kactus

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It's weird because they were playing his christmas song a lot in the stores a few weeks ago.
They didn't say why he died, but since he was young it would be due to his high-risk lifestyle, I'd say.

I think aside from his depression post losing his mother and pneumonia his high risk lifestyle combined with drugs took a toll on his life. Quite sad at such early age....

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I enjoyed his music after WHAM. He did have a strong voice and such. I had not heard anything from him in years, so not sure how much he produced over the years.

Back in early 90's his fame was more prominent than Madoona, Prince and Michael Jackson. His later years didn't priduce much success due to health concerns, family and friend losses and his lewd behavious arrest when he was in States...

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

"pnumonea"... code word for throat cancer.

I am not a doctor but the treatment he received was for pneumonia at hospital, which is some kind of lung infection and subsequent lifestyle complications...

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12/25/news/singer-george-michael-succumbs-to-hivaids-at-53-at-home-in-england/2421.html

Edited by kactus

4 hours ago, kactus said:

Back in early 90's his fame was more prominent than Madoona, Prince and Michael Jackson. His later years didn't priduce much success due to health concerns, family and friend losses and his lewd behavious arrest when he was in States...

Maybe Prince...Maybe, but no one was bigger or more prominent than Madonna or Michael Jackson.  I liked George Michael, but lets keep some perspective.