Trump and Canada

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, the U.S. border is essential to Canada for several reasons, far beyond the usual snowbird escapees and overstaying illegals.

I live close to the Canadian border, but it may as well be Mongolia for all I care or need to cross it.   Just no reason to ever do so.

Trump is the U.S. president for now, and impeachment is no guarantee of his departure.  Just ask President Bill Clinton.

Americans are such navel gazers. Why do you think America tourists sewed  Canadian flags to their backpacks?

Just now, Omni said:

Americans are such navel gazers. Why do you think America tourists sewed  Canadian flags to their backpacks?

Another wonderful Canadian myth, and so important to their identity neurosis.

More Canadians still emigrate to the US than Americans going to Canada....to navel gaze in much better weather.

Far more tourists from around the world visit "the states' than "the provinces".

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Another wonderful Canadian myth, and so important to their identity neurosis.

More Canadians still emigrate to the US than Americans going to Canada....to navel gaze in much better weather.

Far more tourists from around the world visit "the states' than "the provinces".

Perhaps you haven't travelled much

That pesky President Trump could cause trouble for Canadian workers trying to enter the U.S. :

Challenges for Canadian-Based Companies

Given the importance of the U.S. market to Canadian businesses, smooth and efficient entry into the United States is imperative, as is access to predictable, transparent work permit options where Canadians or Canadian-based workers may require a U.S. work permit to undertake business activities in the United States.

... The Trump Administration has said that it wants to renegotiate NAFTA. While the focus will be on trade and commercial matters, if NAFTA’s mobility provisions are narrowed, this will be detrimental to Canadian citizens needing U.S. work permits.

http://gowlingwlg.com/en/global/insights-resources/the-trump-effect-on-corporate-immigration-challenges-and-opportunities-for-canadian-businesses

NAFTA 2.0 talks are underway, and I fully expect work visa provisions and quotas to be reviewed and/or used as leverage.

Some Canadians hate "TFWs" at home, but they love to TFW in the USA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

So, when will he act? Six months in and he hasn't done much other than embarrass himself.

I disagree....

• TPP - gone for the U.S.
  • Supreme Court Justice - done
  • NAFTA 2.0 -  in progress
  • Softwood lumber duty - pay up Canada...in real dollars !
  • Travel ban - partially implemented, refugees stay home
  • Coal regulations  - repealed...Mine, Baby, Mine !
  • Keystone XL - approved
  • New Illegals - way down, fleeing to Canada
  • NATO deadbeats -  spending more
  • DPRK - tough love
  • Paris Climate Agreement -  no thanks
  • Sanctuary cities -  show me the money
  • Stock market -  crazy highs
  • Build the Wall !  -   $1.6 billion expected soon in Congress
  • Repeal Obamacare -  close vote...let it collapse as designed
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I disagree....

• TPP - gone for the U.S.
  • Supreme Court Justice - done
  • NAFTA 2.0 -  in progress
  • Softwood lumber duty - pay up Canada...in real dollars !
  • Travel ban - partially implemented, refugees stay home
  • Coal regulations  - repealed...Mine, Baby, Mine !
  • Keystone XL - approved
  • New Illegals - way down, fleeing to Canada
  • NATO deadbeats -  spending more
  • DPRK - tough love
  • Paris Climate Agreement -  no thanks
  • Sanctuary cities -  show me the money
  • Stock market -  crazy highs
  • Build the Wall !  -   $1.6 billion expected soon in Congress
  • Repeal Obamacare -  close vote...let it collapse as designed

Well yes he did get the SC justice put in place. The rest of your list are either not to his credit, pie in the sky stuff, or complete failures. The stock market doing well currently is not his doing,  repeal of the healthcare system is a complete fail, and you will need some health care now that Trump wants to go backwards to mine and burn coal,  the walls a stupid idea in the first place and you'll be paying for it, not Mexico, if it ever does happen, NAFTA needed a re-visit anyway, and opting out of the Paris Accord puts the US in league with Nicaragua and Syria. Now he's heading to Arizona to use his pardon power to get a racist sheriff off the hook, which will only further divide the country.  

Yep, he has done a few things I guess. And I suppose if you have those rose colored glasses.

Edited by Omni

Just now, Omni said:

Yep, he has done a few things I guess. 

Of course Trump has, and in very short order.

If moron Trudeau gets lavish credit for reversing Harper policies as "getting things done", then so does Trump vis-a-vis Obama.

Trump led on NAFTA....Trudeau didn't/can't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Of course Trump has, and in very short order.

Except most of it goes nowhere, in some cases of course because it runs afoul of the constitution, which I assume is way too complicated and lengthy a text for his IQ level, and so get struck down by the courts. The travel ban you speak of is a good example. And if you want to throw the word moron around, why can't Trump even figure out on a day to day basis whether he is a fan of racism/white supremacy/neo Nazis, or not? 

Just now, Omni said:

Except most of it goes nowhere, in some cases of course because it runs afoul of the constitution, which I assume is way too complicated and lengthy a text for his IQ level, and so get struck down by the courts. The travel ban you speak of is a good example. And if you want to throw the word moron around, why can't Trump even figure out on a day to day basis whether he is a fan of racism/white supremacy/neo Nazis, or not? 

Because he got elected by doing both.

Trump's travel ban has changed previous policy and flow of immigrants/refugees, with more adjudication in October.

If most of it goes nowhere, then why did Team Trudeau react so strongly to Trump's policies and direction ?

Trump acts...Trudeau reacts.

• Like 1

Because he got elected by doing both.

Trump's travel ban has changed previous policy and flow of immigrants/refugees, with more adjudication in October.

If most of it goes nowhere, then why did Team Trudeau react so strongly to Trump's policies and direction ?

Trudeau has shown he  is smart enough to out maneuver Trump. Trump loves him, Has said so.

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trudeau has shown he  is smart enough to out maneuver Trump. Trump loves him, Has said so.

Trudeau is so smart he has to go to the United States very often, along with his mini-minions.

Trump does not have to go to Canada....because:

Trump acts....Trudeau reacts.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau is so smart he has to go to the United States very often, along with his mini-minions.

Trump does not have to go to Canada....because:

Trump acts....Trudeau reacts.

Care to check who's more popular at home and around the world? How many world leaders has Trump embarrassed himself with so far?

He really should learn how to do a handshake.

Edited by Omni

Care to check who's more popular at home and around the world? How many world leaders has Trump embarrassed himself with so far?

He really should learn how to do a handshake.

Many more world leaders have visited Trump in the U.S. than Trudeau in Canada.

Wanna know why ?    Because Trump matters more than Trudeau on many "world" issues and policies.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Many more world leaders have visited Trump in the U.S. than Trudeau in Canada.

Wanna know why ?    Because Trump matters more than Trudeau on many "world" issues and policies.

Like the Paris accord? Yep, Nicaragua and Syria are on board with Trump. 194 other countries, not so much.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Like the Paris accord? Yep, Nicaragua and Syria are on board with Trump. 194 other countries, not so much.

You are ignoring the facts presented:

1) More world leaders have visited Trump than Trudeau over  a much shorter time frame.

2) Trump led on NAFTA 2.0, not Trudeau or Nieto.  More Canadian lobbyists in my country than Russian spies.

3) Trudeau has modified policies because of Trump's actions.   Trudeau has much less impact on the U.S.

4) Trump's campaign, election, and presidency dominates Canadian media far more than Trudeau in the U.S/world.

You are ignoring the facts presented:

1) More world leaders have visited Trump than Trudeau over  a much shorter time frame.

2) Trump led on NAFTA 2.0, not Trudeau or Nieto.  More Canadian lobbyists in my country than Russian spies.

3) Trudeau has modified policies because of Trump's actions.   Trudeau has much less impact on the U.S.

4) Trump's campaign, election, and presidency dominates Canadian media far more than Trudeau in the U.S/world.

1. World leaders tend to visit close after an election, so no big deal there.

2. Trump's not leading NAFTA, business people are dealing with updating the agreement.

3 He modified Trump's goofy handshake action.

4. Trump's buffoonery is what is keeping the media focused on him. and he gets so whiny over that I hear he screams at the TV regularly.

41 minutes ago, Omni said:

1. World leaders tend to visit close after an election, so no big deal there.

2. Trump's not leading NAFTA, business people are dealing with updating the agreement.

3 He modified Trump's goofy handshake action.

4. Trump's buffoonery is what is keeping the media focused on him. and he gets so whiny over that I hear he screams at the TV regularly.

1) President Trump has been visited by more world leaders than Trudeau, and Trudeau has been in office far longer.

2) NAFTA 2.0 is a direct result of President Trump's win.   Trudeau/Nieto reacted to Trump.

3) Trump could never modify Trudeau's need for selfies with topless women.

4) Trump's buffoonery won him an election, defeating your sycophant candidate in a foreign country.

Trudeau's foreign minister delivered a Canadian policy speech that specifically targeted Trump and the USA.

Why ?    Because U.S. policy matters more than Canadian policy.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

3) Trump could never modify Trudeau's need for selfies with topless women.

Already dealt with the rest of it.

On this issue you see that women flock to have selfies taken with JT, topless or not. Trump brags about sexually assaulting women and his own wife slaps his hand away. Can you guess who's having more fun with their popularity?

Already dealt with the rest of it.

On this issue you see that women flock to have selfies taken with JT, topless or not. Trump brags about sexually assaulting women and his own wife slaps his hand away. Can you guess who's having more fun with their popularity?

You have no answer for why Trump gets more visits from around the world than Trudeau.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Popularity is very important to Trudeau....but his poll numbers are fading fast.   

The party is over for him as thousands of illegals stream across the border.

Paying a convicted war criminal $10.5 million didn't help either.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You have no answer for why Trump gets more visits from around the world than Trudeau.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Popularity is very important to Trudeau....but his poll numbers are fading fast.   

The party is over for him as thousands of illegals stream across the border.

Paying a convicted war criminal $10.5 million didn't help either.

Probably because Trudeau gets invited to visit other countries. Trump not so much.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Probably because Trudeau gets invited to visit other countries. Trump not so much.

Nope.....not the case at all, as Trump has already made several visits to other nations.

You have no answer for why Trump is visited by more world leaders than is Trudeau, so just accept the fact that Trump matters more to them.