Religion Topic

freekundli

Hello Guys,

Can someone please explain people to me? How is it possible to disown and kill people over an idea that only exists within the mind?

Ideas more often that not, are just memes that often enter one's mind as easily as a bug flying through an open window. If people allow memes to get too strong a grip on them it turns into a case of a belief having the person not the other way around.

We've all heard about micro-aggressions and the apparent mindlessness that maintains their prevalence. I think we live in a world that is likewise saturated in micro-delusions, a veritable stew of memes enjoining, cajoling and tempting us to absorb them. People pepper their language with appeals to unrealistic thinking without even thinking about it all the time - good luck...God bless...cross your fingers - the reinforcement of illogical thinking goes on and on and on. Like rust this process has never slept and after hundreds and thousands of years of it our species looks like its sailing on an rusty old ship with no anodes left on the hull and plating that's long past its shelf life.

Time to beach it and build a new one made of science.

Edited by Michael Hardner
corrected spelling

• 3 weeks later...

I have just learned about the Jewish ritual called the Kapport. Live fowl are waved around the head of a believer and then slaughtered to wash away their sin. WTF? I imagine this ritual started with one guy saying to another, "Watch this, there is no limit to the crazy shyte I can make these people do, as long as I tell them it pleases their god."

• 4 weeks later...
On 22.09.2016 at 9:54 AM, freekundli said:

Hello Guys,

Can someone please explain people to me? How is it possible to disown and kill people over an idea that only exists within the mind?

This is an unsuccessful "lets puke some hatred to religions" topic but I am going to make it hum for you. You need a provocative word directly targetin the precision points of an atheist person. Hold my nonalcoholic beer and watch this; 

Religious people are much more safer and reliable than atheist people. You can guess about their next steps because they will follow their religious rules exactly and will avoid wrong moves, while an atheist person will be able to justify any action based on his/her imagine World and this means you cant guess about their next steps, anything may happen at any moment. 

Edited by Altai

On 9/22/2016 at 2:54 AM, freekundli said:

Hello Guys,

The idea doesn't only exist in the mind. It originates from the mind. When that idea, or thought then is manifested or expressed as a criminal action of homicide, it then results in kiling someone. Some thoughts  are deliberate. They are thought out and premeditated and planned. Others are triggered by what we call primal or instinctive or impulsive reaction... a reflex action with no thought.

Killing someone if based on a thought is a thought transferred from the mind to the real world through physical action or by reflex tiggered by an external stimulus.

You light a match, it causes fire. You think about lighting the match, it doesn't cause fire.

On 10/11/2016 at 1:23 PM, Slick said:

I have just learned about the Jewish ritual called the Kapport. Live fowl are waved around the head of a believer and then slaughtered to wash away their sin. WTF? I imagine this ritual started with one guy saying to another, "Watch this, there is no limit to the crazy shyte I can make these people do, as long as I tell them it pleases their god."

First of all the ritual was done in the past where during Yom Kippur, once a year a rooster in fact would be placed about the head of the leader of the congregation and shown to the audience and then given to a poor person so they could then take it home and eat it. It was not  waved around and then slaughtered not was it used to wash away any sin. What you imagine is wrong. It was an act of charity to feed someone who could not afford to eat. Sorry to  burst your bubble. As well the custom change to a bag of money from a chicken once money became a way to buy things at markets.

Yom Kippur was not ever and nothing in Judaism is about pleasing "their god".

That God to start with you may disown and say only belongs to Jews but its a God mann religions believe in and share a belief in.

Next when one is ignorant and does not take the time to research things properly and understand them they can seem as you call it "crazy shyte".

It could be there are rituals that make perfect sense and you find them crazy because you don't take the time to understand them.

No doubt you would find a Shayman and his rituals when someone is sick "crazy shyte". For the sick person they would have meaning and now Western medicine shows those rituals trigger reactions in the psyche of the believer than actually then trigger physical changes in the body.

Do me  favour with the WTF and the attempts to change the topic to question what you think are "savage" religions, that was not the topic. If you want to start a topic accusing Judaism of being crazy shyte do so. Hopefully you'll do more than spend 5 seconds or so on "god" who knows what site.

Let's also be clear about something. Prayer rituals and what they mean require the researcher to have an open and neutral perspective. You clearly don't.

By the way all religions have rituals about food, sharing food and sharing wealth.

One other thing, hard for you to believe but today most of us Jews won't wave live chickens around anymore than you would.

Think about that the next time you are at Popeyes or KFC.

37 minutes ago, Altai said:

This is an unsuccessful "lets puke some hatred to religions" topic but I am going to make it hum for you. You need a provocative word directly targetin the precision points of an atheist person. Hold my nonalcoholic beer and watch this; 

Religious people are much more safer and reliable than atheist people. You can guess about their next steps because they will follow their religious rules exactly and will avoid wrong moves, while an atheist person will be able to justify any action based on his/her imagine World and this means you cant guess about their next steps, anything may happen at any moment. 

If the first sentence is true then do not take the bait or answer it as I did with a logical and simple explanation.

Your second sentence made sweeping generalizations about religious people. You have zwro proof religious people are safer and more reliable than atheists. You have no data. You've never done an objective study that proves it. You've never met all religious and atheistic people either.

What did was throw out a stereotype based on your assumption with zero proof. You threw out a subjective opinion with zero proof and posed it as a fact.

Let me be blunt-its a stupid assumotion. Religious terrorists, religious extremists are not safe or reliable. Please don't tell me the KKK, Daesh-ISIL Al Quaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islmkic Jihad, Intifada, Al Fatah, are safe and reliable.

Please don't tell me religious people can't be dangerous, idiotic, bigoted and unstable.

Please don't tell me religion is not the fuel of most wars and blows your theory to hell.

No you can't guess a damn thing about atheists, you presume to though.

Atheists do not necessarily justify any action based on their imagination that is your fabricated stereotype of what you think they think. In fact all religious beliefs are created by and come from humans and therefore our imaginations. In fact we claim our thoughts are inspired by God or come from God but we have no proof of that. We ask people to simply accept that claim with no proof.

Atheists don't ask you to believe anything. All atheists say is there is no proof of God. It begins and ends there. Atheists are as diverse in their opinion as religious people are. The fact they say there is no proof of "God" does not mean anything you claim.

The only safe generalization one could make about atheists is they want objective proof to believe something-they don't base beliefs on "faith". If anything they want a scientific methodology or logic to be used. Even that is generalization.

Some atheists by the way prefer to be called humanists. They have ideas. They have goals. They have hopes, dreams, aspirations, respect life.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you can be an atheist based on but one simple belief-that each of us as human individuals is the beggining and end of our own creation and as such responsible for our individual actions. Its a belief we have to be accountable for our behaviour and not use the concept of "God" as a way to avoid individual responsibility.

Its also quite possible to agree with atheists on that as I do, but define God as I do as an abstract concept of eternal energy in which all forms of energy are connected to.

Some of us call God an infinite energy source or scheme not a diety. Atheists get that. They have no problem with the concept of electricity or physics.

Stop being so quick to judge atheists. There are a lot of religious people who claim to believe in God that are far less respectful of the concept of God then atheists.

Not all atheists are infidel or Marxist Leninists.

• 2 weeks later...

I think in a country like Finland it was useful at a time as late as in the 1960's when something like 95% of the population belonged to the same religious group. The exceptions were odd outcasts but otherwise society had cohesion.

Nowadays that percentage is about 70% and I am certainly not included. The very idea of an established church in any state is just absurd. People ask "Do you belong to the church?". It is still the church. Not a church.

I'm glad we seculars are gaining ground year after year.