We're all extremists, eventually

dialamah

These differences have nothing with Quran. These are based on stories which is called as hadiths.

Whether it comes from the Quran or the Hadiths or something else, these differences are real differences in the interpretation and practice of Islam. There is no single monolithic Islam, but many different varieties, some of which have clashed violently with each other in the past or even continue to do so today, largely over their differences in their interpretations of Islam.

Madhhab_Map3.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs are unclean in Islam. Haram.

Muhammad ordered that all dogs are to be slain.

Hadiths are not the source of Islam. Also the hadith which you mention says Al-Akur, which means agressive, and al kelb al akur does not only mean dog but it means lion, tiger, wolf too.

There are also another hadiths that Muhammad (sav) orders to bring out water from a well for a thirsty dog. Why dont you pay attention to this hadith ?

Whether it comes from the Quran or the Hadiths or something else, these differences are real differences in the interpretation and practice of Islam. There is no single monolithic Islam, but many different varieties, some of which have clashed violently with each other in the past or even continue to do so today, largely over their differences in their interpretations of Islam.

Madhhab_Map3.png

I can reply your question with many different examples. Quran is considered as word of God. There is a verse in Quran that Allah forbids Muslims to seperate into groups. So anyone who seperates themselves are not Muslims. This is why our president always say "I am not a Sunni nor Shia, nor any other, I am only Muslim."

Only their noses, actually. So my sister can have dogs and her husband can love them and pet them, but they can't touch him with their nose.

As mentioned, dogs are Haram.

The saliva of dogs...or menstrual blood...or a wide range of other things that apparently bothered Muhammad are grounds for being Haram.

Your sister keeps a dog at her own peril re: the afterlife she hopes to obtain.

LoL wtf ? :lol:

My brother-in-law is Egyptian and Muslim. My sister is Canadian and converted quite a few years ago. He loves their dogs, but doesn't let them touch him with their nose...but it could be their saliva as DoP says below.

Are pet dogs common in Turkey?

ETA: Glad you got a laugh out of that, Altai. :)

Edited by dialamah

I can reply your question with many different examples. Quran is considered as word of God. There is a verse in Quran that Allah forbids Muslims to seperate into groups. So anyone who seperates themselves are not Muslims. This is why our president always say "I am not a Sunni nor Shia, nor any other, I am only Muslim."

From what I understand, Turkey primarily follows the Hanafi school of Sunni Islam. How do you reconcile the fact that "Allah forbids Muslims to seperate into groups" with the reality that Muslims have in fact separated into such groups?

As mentioned, dogs are Haram.

The saliva of dogs...or menstrual blood...or a wide range of other things that apparently bothered Muhammad are grounds for being Haram.

Your sister keeps a dog at her own peril re: the afterlife she hopes to obtain.

She doesn't seem too worried, nor does her husband or her Egyptian family. :)

My brother-in-law is Egyptian and Muslim. My sister is Canadian and converted quite a few years ago. He loves their dogs, but doesn't let them touch him with their nose...but it could be their saliva as DoP says below.

Are pet dogs common in Turkey?

Contact with a dog breaks Wudu. I'm sure you know what that is.

She doesn't seem too worried, nor does her husband or her Egyptian family. :)

Allah will sort them out.

The OP of the thread asked "Is there any way of becoming more civil to one another - both here, and in the wider world? What do you think? "

What became of that question ? Eventually it became another thread about the Muslim religion, to add to the many we already have on here.

As such, it's now locked for thread drift. If you want to start yet another thread about such a topic, like Islam's take on dogs, please go ahead. If you want to open a new thread called 'Were all extremists Part 2' then go ahead.

But this thread is locked.