Leader Heights & So On

6'2" is probably a good point for diminishing returns when it comes to this eye-opening Augustesque thread.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Goes for hand size too.

Hand size?

For several years now, I have been asking women whether they would marry a man who is shorter than them. Or men, whether they would marry a woman who is taller than them. (Not scientific; not politically correct.)

The answers are all over the place (I have charts in a spreadsheet in some folder, not) but in general, I recall that the general opinion is that short men are screwed - tall women can at least become models. Whenever American college students/Leftists talk about "privilege", I have always thought about the chart for "short men".

BTW, there are stats on this: percentage of all women taller than the average/typical man by culture/nation etc. (In general, more men are shorter than average women and fewer women are taller than average men. IOW, the black swans are female.)

Edited by August1991

Maybe we should look at how tall Jimmy Sinclair was. I think it's the hair.

In 1968 or so when they first met, was Maggie taller than Pierre? And what about Maggie's sisters?

Or Bernie Eccelstone.

====

Maybe the Black Swan is not the rare woman above the average height of men - but rather the rare man who will marry a tall woman.

Edited by August1991

Hand size?

For several years now, I have been asking women whether they would marry a man who is shorter than them. Or men, whether they would marry a woman who is taller than them. (Not scientific; not politically correct.)

The answers are all over the place (I have charts in a spreadsheet in some folder, not) but in general, I recall that the general opinion is that short men are screwed - tall women can at least become models. Whenever American college students/Leftists talk about "privilege", I have always thought about the chart for "short men".

BTW, there are stats on this: percentage of all women taller than the average/typical man by culture/nation etc. (In general, more men are shorter than average women and fewer women are taller than average men. IOW, the black swans are female.)

I don't think you got the jist of what I was saying. I'm sure you're familiar with the law of diminishing returns in economics, but if you're not, google it. I was adhering it in principle to tallness.

I suggested the desirable quality of tallness has a point of diminishing returns and that 6'2" is probably a reasonable height to pinpoint it. Anything beyond that the benefits of height start to diminish. Yes, they can play basketball just like tall women can model, but in their own personal lives it becomes too much of a good thing. Ever tried slow dancing with someone 6'8"? It's not fun.

As for the hands, it was euphemism.... a la Rubio/Trump. I wasn't talking about hands.

Edited by BC_chick

I don't think you got the jist of what I was saying. I'm sure you're familiar with the law of diminishing returns in economics, but if you're not, google it. I was adhering it in principle to tallness.

I suggested the desirable quality of tallness has a point of diminishing returns and that 6'2" is probably a reasonable height to pinpoint it. Anything beyond that the benefits of height start to diminish. Yes, they can play basketball just like tall women can model, but in their own personal lives it becomes too much of a good thing. Ever tried slow dancing with someone 6'8"? It's not fun.

to zero

As for the hands, it was euphemism.... a la Rubio/Trump. I wasn't talking about hands.

What is the optimal height of a male human? According to you, B-C-Chick, it's 6'2". After that, diminishing marginal returns reduce to zero.

Well, what is the optimal height of a tree? Many trees are 5 meters or more. Or more exactly, are female trees taller than male trees? (Yes, some trees have gender. Which tree is taller or optimal - I don't know.)

=====

As to the length of anyone's finger, or a male's penis, or the volume of a female's breast, this is a key measure possibly for the next century.

At the moment, it seems a person's height is the key statistic; tall people generally win.

Edited by August1991

I didn't say it reduces to zero at 6'2". Men above average 5'10"+ do have an advantage, but after about 6'2" that advantage starts to *curve* down (as opposed to hit zero). It's all bell curve just like everything else in life.

So you can't really attribute 'tallnes' as a desirable trait because being too tall is as bad as too short.

I didn't say it reduces to zero at 6'2". Men above average 5'10"+ do have an advantage, but after about 6'2" that advantage starts to *curve* down (as opposed to hit zero). It's all bell curve just like everything else in life.

So you can't really attribute 'tallnes' as a desirable trait because being too tall is as bad as too short.

Reduce to zero at 6'2"? You implied that clearly.

What breast size wins a man's heart? What tree height seduces another tree? What bird feather ensures a mate?

God knows.

• 1 month later...