America under President Trump

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

DACA is not federal law and Trump can still challenge it in court.

He can. It won't be heard again before the election though. 

Another broken promise from Trump. 

Couldn't even get abortion repealed with a stacked court. 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's OK....COVID has stopped Canadians from crossing the border for easier access to abortions.

If that non-sequitur lets you feel like you've gotten the last word, I'll give it to you. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Meh, some rando...

No....the point is a very good one.

Those who abhor Trump and his policies are unwittingly calling for the return of previous American domestic and foreign policies.

Joe Biden represents over 40 years of that legacy, including the Iraq War.

15 minutes ago, MarlonB said:

Yup, with an opinion. Sorry I don't spend most of my days on an online forum. 

Yes, sorry about that.  With your name being MarlonB, I couldn't resist the pun.  I did explain that to both you and BC, but old Quick Draw McGraw has had too much coffee this morning.

Edit>  Charles, could you give it a minute or two before deleting it so MarlonB knows I'm not just an argumentative SOB?

Edited by bcsapper

The source if Fox News. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-2020-us-election-drop-out-fox-news-republican-a9592036.html

Donald Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race if he believes he has no chance of winning, a Republican Party operative reportedly told Fox News.

The claim comes in a report in the president’s favourite news outlet that cites a number of GOP insiders who are concerned about Mr Trump’s re-election prospects amid abysmal polling numbers.

Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, currently holds an average lead of nine points over the incumbent, according to a tracker of 2020 polls by RealClearPolitics.

The polling is damning and Trump's only move is flaming culture wars. 

He's talking more about Statues than Covid-19. I don't know how that type of messaging expands the base. 

It's not even helping with the economy. 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

The polling is damning and Trump's only move is flaming culture wars. 

He's talking more about Statues than Covid-19. I don't know how that type of messaging expands the base. 

It's not even helping with the economy. 

The U.S. economy is improving, but not at a fast enough "V shaped" recovery for Trump's political needs.

Democrat LBJ declined his party's nomination in 1968 and did not run for another term, so it is not without precedent.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The U.S. economy is improving, but not at a fast enough "V shaped" recovery for Trump's political needs.

Democrat LBJ declined his party's nomination in 1968 and did not run for another term, so it is not without precedent.

The problem with this whole COVID re-opening at no cost doctrine is that it ends up slowing down the recovery. 

You get 30,000 young people sick every day, that does a lot to damage to worker pool. 

And these false starts on the economy put the states behind other economies that took a more measured approach.

He's been pretty silent on all this lately. I think he's been told to STFU. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

The problem with this whole COVID re-opening at no cost doctrine is that it ends up slowing down the recovery. 

You get 30,000 young people sick every day, that does a lot to damage to worker pool.

The worker pool is being damaged far more by the shutdown.

Trump's success and only chance always depended on the economy, so he is not going to just roll over on it.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The worker pool is being damaged far more by the shutdown.

Trump's success and only chance always depended on the economy, so he is not going to just roll over on it.

Well opening up, Covid-19 be damned, has not worked. 

Beaches will be closed on the Fourth of July weekend. 

18 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well opening up, Covid-19 be damned, has not worked. 

Beaches will be closed on the Fourth of July weekend. 

It's a mixed bag...not all states are having new spikes after re-opening.    Still waiting for deaths to spike, an important metric.

Staying locked down through the election was never going to happen, regardless of Trump.