Pregnant women with the Zika Virus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't post the link. Sorry. It's in the national post.

update: Ontario government intervenes for pregnant woman denied Zika test after Brazil trip

After being connected with Hoskins’ office Tuesday, the woman said she and her husband “are overjoyed.

“We just want this relief. That was the most important thing — to have answers and information to help make the most responsible decisions,” she said.

The Catholic Church is silent on the Zika virus. Meanwhile, Latin America is predominantly Catholic forbidding abortion in all cases and frown upon birth control in many villages. Shame on them.

What does the Catholic Church say about the flu?

So even though your unborn son or daughter could be born perfectly healthy, you'd rather kill it then take a chance? Wow. I never knew that our disposable society had decayed that far.

Wow! You seem to have missed the point there is a test to determine if the fetus is infected. If it's positive the mother should have the right to an abortion, however the Catholic Church has been silent on this issue. What are your thoughts if it's confirmed the fetus has the virus. Do you think the mother should be able to abort? I would like your opinion because you are so quick to attack a woman's right to abortion.

Wow! You seem to have missed the point there is a test to determine if the fetus is infected. If it's positive the mother should have the right to an abortion, however the Catholic Church has been silent on this issue. What are your thoughts if it's confirmed the fetus has the virus. Do you think the mother should be able to abort? I would like your opinion because you are so quick to attack a woman's right to abortion.

First, there's no such right to a medical procedure done by somebody else and paid for by other people. People need to start to understand what real rights entail. Regardless, my opinions on abortion have nothing to do with any religion or church. My views are based on science. I don't have a problem with abortion before a certain point in development.

First, there's no such right to a medical procedure done by somebody else and paid for by other people. People need to start to understand what real rights entail. Regardless, my opinions on abortion have nothing to do with any religion or church. My views are based on science. I don't have a problem with abortion before a certain point in development.

Well I'm glad to hear that on your last point except you didn't say what that certain point was.

As far as your first point, could you expand on that please.

Lifeforms develop on a continuous basis. Stages are just arbitrary human creations outlining certain goalposts that are meant to help us keep track of its progress. The human brain starts developing at conception and continues to develop for years afterward. The ever-so-important "stage" you speak of is, scientifically, nothing at all.

But, bringing this back on topic, I saw a microcephilic person in an Olive Garden once. I was, I suppose, visibly delighted because I hadn't seen one before. She noticed my interest and came and sat beside me and wanted to hug me, but her caregiver pulled her away.

Edited by BubberMiley

The Catholic Church is silent on the Zika virus. Meanwhile, Latin America is predominantly Catholic forbidding abortion in all cases and frown upon birth control in many villages. Shame on them.

Why am I not surprised? The new Pope makes some of the right noises, but he's a tosser like all the rest.

So even though your unborn son or daughter could be born perfectly healthy, you'd rather kill it then take a chance? Wow. I never knew that our disposable society had decayed that far.

I would.

You really didn't know that about our society?

People with microcephaly need a constant caregiver that they become very, very attached to and have a very hard time being away from them. If someone isn't sure they want to take the responsibility for such a situation and devote the rest of their waking life to that person, they should probably consider not taking the risk.